NEurope
Retro_Link

Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers

I was getting worried that I was so close to the end of the book!

My nephews were playing this last night, my youngest surprised me with how expertly he sneaked up a ladder, plucked a turnip and lobbed it at the shy guy to make short work of him :D I was sure he was going to miss and have to run away, I was more than a little impressed to see the accuracy and confidence of his shot (he pretty much plucked the turnip and lobbed it almost immediately in the correct direction, no hanging about!). I did entertain the idea it was just beginners luck, but he repeated the feat a few times. Happy times, shouldn't be long until he becomes as much of a challenge in MK8 as his older brother!

We shouldn't have noted this, now Wii is going to go on a rant :p

It was duly noted before now. This game was ripe for the eShop. It's under 2 GB's so it wouldn't take up much memory. It's a short game, 70 3-4 minute levels. It's a pick up and play for 5 minutes if you wish, casual kind of game. It had a very short development cycle, only announced at E3. At the very most a year if they started the day after SM3DW. It really should have been much cheaper.

There's no rant Serebii. Unlike yourself this morning in the Wii U general discussion arguing with

yourself.

:laughing:

It was duly noted before now. This game was ripe for the eShop. It's under 2 GB's so it wouldn't take up much memory. It's a short game, 70 3-4 minute levels. It's a pick up and play for 5 minutes if you wish, casual kind of game. It had a very short development cycle, only announced at E3. At the very most a year if they started the day after SM3DW. It really should have been much cheaper.

There's no rant Serebii. Unlike yourself this morning in the Wii U general discussion arguing with

yourself.

Super Mario 3D World is under 2GB, does that mean it's a short or a bad game?

There you go again, equating filesize to quality. Stop it.

Just because a game was only announced at E3 does not mean it has a short development cycle. Nintendo often does this. It happened with 3D World last year. Mario Kart 8 was out within a year of its reveal. Reveal != commencement of development.

It really should have been much cheaper.

I paid £21 with some reward points, but I do agree this should've been £20-25 standard. GAME charging £35.00 in-store is ridiculous.

yourself.

Wii equating file size to quality again, cringe. And for the record I played for a lot longer than 5 minutes last night. Wonderful game. The way it ties into 3D World is such a nice touch.

I paid £21 with some reward points, but I do agree this should've been £20-25 standard. GAME charging £35.00 in-store is ridiculous.

I could go along with that price tag. Though if it was me, I'd change the £ to €.

Yeah I thought this was going to be a budget title. Disappointed to see it priced the same as other Wii U games. Seeing as Nintendo games don't drop in price I don't know if I'll buy this. And if it's only available at Game I know they will slap a 50£ tag on it.

Also, I'm not defending Wii or anything, but I don't see how he is comparing quality to file size, he is only arguing how it should have been a cheaper download title instead.

Should have been Super Luigi style DLC, with a limited physical release at a budget price. Let's not be under any delusions about what Captain Toad actually is.

Super Mario 3D World is under 2GB, does that mean it's a short or a bad game?

There you go again, equating filesize to quality. Stop it.

Just because a game was only announced at E3 does not mean it has a short development cycle. Nintendo often does this. It happened with 3D World last year. Mario Kart 8 was out within a year of its reveal. Reveal != commencement of development.

You really need to cop on. I did not say that. I said it's under 2GB's, so it's not a heavy burden on the internal memory. Learn how to read. I was waiting for it, I knew you would try that LIE again. You're pathetic. Really.

Just realised that the Miiverse isn't up for this yet. I wonder if they will wait until the 2nd Jan?

Probably Monday as it's being soft released then

Wii equating file size to quality again, cringe. And for the record I played for a lot longer than 5 minutes last night. Wonderful game. The way it ties into 3D World is such a nice touch.

It's under 2 GB's so it wouldn't take up much memory.

play for 5 minutes if you wish

Another liar. Learn how to read as well. If people are going to spout such bull$h1t, I'm going to come out swinging to defend myself. I'm not standing for it.

You really are an incredulous little being.

homer-headbutt-o.gif

That's all you ever do. Sad.

You really need to cop on. I did not say that. I said it's under 2GB's, so it's not a heavy burden on the internal memory. Learn how to read. I was waiting for it, I knew you would try that LIE again. You're pathetic. Really.

I can see your point, but I do think they were right to release it as they have to give it more prominence. As someone who has actually played the game, expansion or not, it really is a great game.

It is a perfect title to download though, so if Game release it at a reasonable price to d/l (or Nintendo have it on the e-shop for a reasonable price!) I would strongly recommend going that route :)

Edited by Pestneb

That little clause about WHY you felt it should be an e-shop title should have made it in your initial post though. It's called communicating Wii ;) It would have avoided your need to wait for someone to misunderstand what you were saying. By omitting the explanation you were forcing the reader to not misread, but simply interpret your words for themselves. You knew what was going to be interpreted but didn't bother to take steps to communicate clearly...

I can see your point, but I do think they were right to release it as they have to give it more prominence. As someone who has actually played the game, expansion or not, it really is a great game.

It is a perfect title to download though, so if Game release it at a reasonable price to d/l (or Nintendo have it on the e-shop for a reasonable price!) I would strongly recommend going that route :)

No, sorry, it's not a misunderstanding with Serebii. He's done this countless times before on this very subject. It's deliberate prevarication. I've explained it numerous times but he's allowed go unchecked and he knows it annoys me so he'll continue to do it. He knew what I meant.

Edited by Wii

Another liar. Learn how to read as well. If people are going to spout such bull$h1t, I'm going to come out swinging to defend myself. I'm not standing for it.

You really are an incredulous little being.

homer-headbutt-o.gif

That's all you ever do. Sad.

You really need to stop using the word lie to plead your case, not to mention using two decade old Simpsons jokes to try and be funny. You're the only one who spouts bull$hit on here and it's why people call you out on it. Mario 3D World was under 2GB and it went from E3 reveal to release in under six months, does that mean it's not a fully fledged game? No.

No, sorry, it's not a misunderstanding with Serebii. He's done this countless times before on this very subject. It's deliberate prevarication. I've explained it numerous times but he's allowed go unchecked and he knows it annoys me so he'll continue to do it.

Just sent you an apology PM... re-reading your post properly you did explain clearly enough why size was an issue for you believing it should be a eshop title - so I guess publicly this time, sorry for misreading your post!!

Just sent you an apology PM... re-reading your post properly you did explain clearly enough why size was an issue for you believing it should be a eshop title - so I guess publicly this time, sorry for misreading your post!!

I replied thanks. There was no need for an apology. I didn't take any offence. : peace:

I am getting so fucking fed up of venturing in this thread and seeing the same people arguing with each other. I'm trying to read peoples posts about the game (well, more trying to convince myself to go to Argos and buy it today :heh: ) and it's just ridiculous having to skim through because of the same damn thing all the time.

Can this thread not be cleaned up? Or moved to a new thread. It's gone way beyond discussing Captain Toad now and is just personal agendas and egos trying to outdo one another.

I am getting so fucking fed up of venturing in this thread and seeing the same people arguing with each other. I'm trying to read peoples posts about the game (well, more trying to convince myself to go to Argos and buy it today :heh: ) and it's just ridiculous having to skim through because of the same damn thing all the time.

Can this thread not be cleaned up? Or moved to a new thread. It's gone way beyond discussing Captain Toad now and is just personal agendas and egos trying to outdo one another.

I think you would love it, Aneres. It's simply charming, is very accessible and has that addictive factor that just begs you to have another go.

As for the issue you mentioned, totally agree. Basically both Ronnie and Wii should just ignore each other at this point. They don't see eye to eye so just let it be.

Just finished Episode 2. Still loving it :) It's a shame that the end is probably in sight, since the trailer did say 70 levels :/

Going back and 100%ing will be fun though. Got all the jewels before going on, it's just the extras

Seems strange they'd divide 70 levels across just 2-3 Episodes?

Here's hoping it does a Mario and doubles the number of levels upon completion ;)

Episode 1-3 complete! Nabbed all the diamonds, aswell as doing the side mission for each level. The ending is hilarious and....

ties in nicely with the beginning of Super Mario 3D World.

The story is over but a few bonus levels have opened up now. Time to have a crack at those.

@Serebii, it's indisputable that this had a shorter development than Zelda, Mario or whatever. I'd be very surprised if this had a full 12 months development. But that doesn't make it a bad - or good - game.

Personally, I think @Wii is right - it's perfect for eShop. An eShop only release may have been more profitable, lower overheads etc. A retail release had probably bumped the price up across the board. Who knows? But then Nintendo may bebplaying a long game and reposition Toad as a stronger individual IP - difficult to do digitally. Again, who knows.

But none of this really changed the quality of the game, but its fair to discuss whether theres value in this as a retail release (as it was a decade ago when Luigi's Mansion released).