NEurope
Retro_Link

Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers

did they specify if it will appear in the same place each time, like the pixel luigis? also will you have to actively touch the screen/circle the pixel toad?

little disappointed that is all the Toad Amiibo does for this game, I had hoped it would have added something better.

On a side note, I bought the game this week and have been enjoying it. I'm up to book three now. my only real complaint is I don't care much for the music, there's a massive difference when you play the Bonus stages and get to hear the Mario 3D world soundtrack again, because that game has an amazing soundtrack.

Lame amiibo addition tbf, maybe they're holding back proper content for a future Captain Toad amiibo.

Yeah, the amiibo stuff in this is rather boring. Anyone knows of a reward for finding the sprites?

---

I'm up to Mummy-Me Forever now. Got to lvl 25 before I got trapped in a corner with some rugby-player-enemies and died - didn't really have any problems up to then. Don't know if I want to complete it, it was rather boring to walk around like that.

I've spent about 12 hours on the game now, and whilst I've had fun, I've also been bored when playing for more than an hour or so.

Amiibo usage is proving a bit... Shit. Come on Nintendo, sort it out!

They have to find a balance. If they do too much (as with Mario Party 10 and even Codename STEAM), people bitch that they're locking out content for it but when the amiibo features are tame like here, people claim they're not doing enough

They have to find a balance. If they do too much (as with Mario Party 10 and even Codename STEAM), people bitch that they're locking out content for it but when the amiibo features are tame like here, people claim they're not doing enough
For me it's not so much the features they add, but the way they're limiting them to specific amiibo. :hmm:

I reckon every game with amiibo functionality should be compatible with all amiibo.

For example, we should be able to unlock a Pikachu Mii racing suit in MK8. And in this game the pixel toads should just be replaced with pixel versions of whichever amiibo you scan.

I get the idea of having amiibo that are related to a certain franchise providing special features, like the use of Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight in the new Kirby game, but that shouldn't mean the rest of the amiibo do nothing at all! :blank:

Even if it's just a hat based on whichever character (having no actual effect on gameplay) they should include it.

These are things which require minimal effort to create, but would add to the overall value of amiibo quite a bit.

They don't need to find balance, they just need to ignore the idiots claiming they're locking out content. As long as the game has the right amount of content to begin with, then they can't complain. Amiibo are almost like DLC, so they can ram it :)

How is steam amiibo use locking out content more than kart and such? Isn't it just Fire emblem characters popping up occasionally?

They don't need to find balance, they just need to ignore the idiots claiming they're locking out content. As long as the game has the right amount of content to begin with, then they can't complain. Amiibo are almost like DLC, so they can ram it :)

How is steam amiibo use locking out content more than kart and such? Isn't it just Fire emblem characters popping up occasionally?

Yeah but then it's "expensive" DLC and the equivalent of "horse armour". These are actual statements I saw on GAF last night due to the Fire Emblem amiibo in Codename STEAM

So nobody's exactly jumping head over heels about the amiibo use in this game. Not surprising really, it's pretty lame to be honest.

Spot on!

I think the biggest draw for Amiibo is as a collector's item.

If Nintendo started making games where serious additional content was unlocked by using the Amiibo it would be like extremely expensive DLC which would require most gamers to purchase hundreds of pounds of figures in order to get the most out of their games.

I think Nintendo has used Amiibo correctly, they give little bonuses without being enough to piss off people who don't want to get drawn into collecting them.

As such they are an optional extra that give the player a little bonus - they are not mandatory and aren't ripping the money out of everyone's wallets.

Good points, but I don't think 'good usage' equals huge benefits. To be honest, it's use in Hyrule is grest, nothing extra, but just more money and materials every day. Useful! Smash is fine I guess, but doesn't interest me that much. Mario kart is also perfect, new racing suits.

Maybe one of the problems is the sheer volume of amiibo, and the use of each one. If there were less but used more it'd be better, but most seem to be work a little in one game and that's it.

Is the maze level the one that everyone here is finding impossible? I only ask because it looks like there's a few more levels afterwards.

Anyway the maze level can F off. I barely managed to reach level 10 on my 6th or 7th attempt, let alone any further than that. I suppose I could try doing it without collecting all the coins.

Can't imagine I'll finish this now, which is a shame as I always like to 100% Mario platformers.

Is the maze level the one that everyone here is finding impossible? I only ask because it looks like there's a few more levels afterwards.

Anyway the maze level can F off. I barely managed to reach level 10 on my 6th or 7th attempt, let alone any further than that. I suppose I could try doing it without collecting all the coins.

Can't imagine I'll finish this now, which is a shame as I always like to 100% Mario platformers.

Rookie. :heh:

Yeah, once you finish the maze level you unlock a couple of other stages.

You don't need to collect all the coins. You will get more than enough as go through the 50 levels. All you need to do is just concentrate on surviving.

Ok I'll just make my way to the exit each time. So just out of curiosity, is this the hardest level in the game or are the ones afterwards even harder?

Ok I'll just make my way to the exit each time. So just out of curiosity, is this the hardest level in the game or are the ones afterwards even harder?

It's the hardest

I've given up on it. I reached lvl 25 on my first try but have never got past 27 afterwards. I don't find it fun so I think I'll let it be.

The fire plants are the killers; I have a hard time getting past them even when they don't breathe fire.

The fire plants are the killers; I have a hard time getting past them even when they don't breathe fire.

Just tap them ( this goes for every other enemy ) on the gamepad. This will stun them and simply walk on by.

Can't believe how many pussies there are on here :)

It is hard, it is frustrating, it's too much, they got it wrong, but it's still worth finishing. Its bloomin' satisfying!

It's not the finishing that's worrying me, it's the 5000 coin stipulation, but if that's easily done then fair enough. Never thought to tap enemies either.

I also can't figure out the best view, I guess from above at a slight angle so you can just about see the entrances between blocks.

It's not the finishing that's worrying me, it's the 5000 coin stipulation, but if that's easily done then fair enough. Never thought to tap enemies either.

I also can't figure out the best view, I guess from above at a slight angle so you can just about see the entrances between blocks.

You have to constantly move the camera around, while running at the same time. I kept it zoomed out and just kept rotating it to see what was around me. The stages later on require you to do this as enemies tend to hide around the corners.

DONE!

*@£$ me that was stressful. To be fair the last 15 or so levels weren't quite as difficult as I was dreading, and the bullet bill ones especially are probably the easiest of the later levels, but still probably took at least a dozen attempts in all. I think a lot of luck is involved as to whether you get an easy path in some of the stages. Thanks @Hero\-of\-Time for the tips!

What an absolute gem of a game. I really hope Nintendo don't just drop the idea, let's see more Captain Toad in the future :)

Finally did the Mummy Me Maze. Was quite stressed the last couple of levels but did 45-49 without getting hurt. So the game is now complete, 13 h 46 m completion time.

amiibo trailer.

We're going back in next week, guys! Ready for adventure!