NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

I am not spending £320 on all, as much as I may want to :p

£500 once all the Smash Bros ones come out. Talk about an eye opener...!!

Internet message board user forgoes checking facts in order to slag off Nintendo. More at 10.

:p

Facts and Serebii are like oil and water. I admit when I'm wrong, unlike others. It's probably not deliberate but it is convenient as it means you'll need multiple amiibo unless they let you back up the data on the Wii U.

It was foolish of me to hope Nintendo would stagger the releases of these. It's gonna be financial chaos every month from this point onward, wow.

I think Nintendo should do a subscription service kind of like Eaglemoss' Star Trek Starships Collection.

Every two weeks, you get an Amiibo along with a magazine with information on the character. Stuff like concept sketches and art, games they've appeared in and various stuff like that.

It would provide a great option for people to spread the cost of them for people.

I think Nintendo should do a subscription service kind of like Eaglemoss' Star Trek Starships Collection.

Every two weeks, you get an Amiibo along with a magazine with information on the character. Stuff like concept sketches and art, games they've appeared in and various stuff like that.

It would provide a great option for people to spread the cost of them for people.

Not exactly what you mean but Loot Crate are working on a sort of subscription service which is said to include amiibos and related goodies. Their boxes become fairly expensive when being sent to the UK though.

SHULK AMIIBO WILL BE A GAMESTOP EXCLUSIVE

Oh dear, those looking to purchase the recently announced Shulk Amiibo from somewhere like Amazon will be in for a shock as the figure will be exclusive to GameStop in the United States. Nintendo has previously said that some of the Amiibo will be retailer exclusive so it looks as though Shulk will be the first one with more to follow.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/11/11/shulk-amiibo-will-be-a-gamestop-exclusive/

il_570xN.330811318.jpg

I don't think anybody really expected there to not be retailer exclusive amiibos, as both Skylanders and Disney Infinity have had retailer exclusive figurines from the very beginning. Not to mention that the last set of Wii U NFC figurines were completely retailer exclusive in both Europe and the US.

I'm more surprised that they haven't announced any retailer exclusive amiibos for Europe yet, if anything.

In the amiibo unveiling tritton said the amiibo will have data specifically for smash. Why are people confused now all of a sudden, the slight bonus is that it isn't just for smash but actually any game.

Is this really a big deal? How many amiibo will we actually trwin for smash? A couple tops? So say another game comes out in 6 months that needs writing data, will we still be training our amiibo in smash? Probably not. And if we are use a different amiibo. I don't get why people are annoyed at this... It is even a problem yet and may not be for a long time. Cry when it's a problem.

Just cleared the money off my desk for amiibo money.

£75.20

I'm ready :p

For some reason I just thought of this when I read that.

laughing-like-a-king-homer-simpson.gif

:D

£75.20

Man, that's crazy :laughing:

I'm just gonna get the Link figure on day 1 (Hyrule Warriors & MK8 cross over content, Link gets the most at the start so it makes sense) and hold out for the others till later (plus I have Xmas and my birthday coming up pretty soonish, so there's always hope on that front too... ;) )

The "one game" news can be interpreted in another way: The Smash Bros Amiibos may have big uses in future games.

The way they originally sounded was that the main use of these would be Smash Bros, and if a future Mario game used Amiibo in a big way, we'd need to buy a Mario Amiibo in that game.

However, this news suggests that we may have the option of erasing the Smash Bros Mario data and using that one for the new game.

My plans:

Link

Capitan Falcon

Toon Link

Sonic

Edited by Cube

£75.20

flushing-money-o.gif

: peace:

flushing-money-o.gif

: peace:

A person can spend their hard earned money as they wish.

My word, Wii just keeps sounding more and more bitter every day...

It's a completely optional purchase. Your console isn't gonna stop working just because you didn't buy one!

Stop being so ridiculously negative!

A person can spend their hard earned money as they wish.

I've not denied that. It's just a light-hearted poke at what I think of them.

My word, Wii just keeps sounding more and more bitter every day...

It's a completely optional purchase. Your console isn't gonna stop working just because you didn't buy one!

Stop being so ridiculously negative!

I do worry about what will be coming further down the road if they get established.

It's also my prerogative as a Wii U owner to be negative if I don't like what I see happening. It's neither ridiculous nor your right to tell me to stop. : peace:

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Indeed. It's not like I'm buying them all, just the ones that have cross game stuff in games I own/intend to buy.

These are cool, well-made, figures with awesome features in game. I can't wait to face off against my 7 Level 50 amiibo who have been trained to fight me. It'll be glorious.

These are cool, well-made, figures with awesome features in game.

Must resist.......:heh:

Erm, I've preordered 13 of the initial 18.... I'll definitely end up with them all! Worryingly...

Even if they didn't have any in-game functionality I'd probably still buy most of them. I do think Nintendo would sell more if they released them a bit slower, but I guess Smash necessitates a quick turnaround.

I do think Nintendo would sell more if they released them a bit slower, but I guess Smash necessitates a quick turnaround.

Well, they have to keep a steady supply coming in order for them to keep the interest up and to keep up their in-store presence, and 5-6 a month would still keep them going for about half a year to release the full 49-figurine set.

I'd be disappointed if they took much longer than that, as many of my favourites - like Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Duo - will most likely be released in the last wave (assuming they'll prioritize the starting roster and save the unlockables for last)...

It's way better than the release pacing of Skylanders figurines, that's for sure...

Erm, I've preordered 13 of the initial 18.... I'll definitely end up with them all! Worryingly...

I've preordered all 18 (Well, all the individual figurines except Mario, which I'm getting through the Smash Bros. bundle)! :D

Edited by FireMeowth

I hope they release a nice Amiibo stand to display your figures on. The Disney Infinity ones are pretty cool and would love to see something like that for these.

I'll wait for wave two/three/four. Little Mac, The Captain, King Dedede, Bowser and maybe Pit and Meta Knight...

They are a little on the expensive side to my taste, €10,- would really be a sweet spot for me.

Some 3for2 bargains like dizzy suggested would probably make me impulse-buy more though :indeed:

So who are left from a smash perspective?

from the 3DS starting roster:

Charizard

Greninja

Olimar

Pac-Man

Palutena

Robin

Zero Suit Samus

Unlockables:

Bowser Jr.

Dark Pit

Dr. Mario

Duck Hunt Duo

Falco

Ganondorf

Jigglypuff

Lucina

Mii (Brawler, shooter, swordsman)

Mr. Game & Watch

Ness

R.O.B.

Wario

DLC:

Mewtwo

Maybe later:

Ice Climbers

Lucas

Wolf

Pichu

Roy

Snake

Pokemon Trainer/Squirtle/Ivysaur

Young Link

Iggy, Lemmy, Morton, Ludwig, Wendy, Larry, Roy :heh:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/bandai_namco_announces_ace_combat_assault_horizon_legacy_plus_for_3ds

Wish this was coming out here... I'm liking the bowser amiibo skin :D I almost want to buy an airfix model and paint it up like that!

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere!

Not really worth a new post, but noted on amazon, pre-orders:

Link = 23rd

Mario = 32nd

Yoshi = 35th

Pikachu = 38th

Samus = 42nd

Kirby = 45th

Donkey Kong = 53rd

Fox = 55th

Peach = 56th

Luigi = 60th

Zelda = 64th

Captain Falcon = 66th

Villager = 67th

Marth = 83rd

Little Mac = 95th

Pit = 96th

DNQ:

Wii Fit Trainer

Diddy Kong

Not sure if that's impressive, having most of the range in the top 100 preorder or not, or if the order of amiibo popularity has been fairly stable. After the uproar about links support I must say, I expected diminished support for his model in particular.

My guess would be that diddy kong is closer to breaking the top 100 than wii fit trainer - but who knows!

Edited by Pestneb