NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

...I wonder how the support will look for the duck of the Duck Hunt Duo...
:shakehead

That artwork definitely doesn't take Amiibo into account.

Anyone else thinking amiibo functionality is loads better than they expected it? Smash is slowly belching more interesting to me (can they play online?), mario kart is a nice addition (though wish all of them were as transformative as falcon and samus) and hyrule warriors is EXACTLY what I wanted from amiibo, the new weapon is great, and the fact every amiibo unlocks new weapons, materials and rupees. Just great. That sounds sarcastic but it's not, just tiny little bonuses among bigger rewards, love it!

I'm just happy Captain Falcon's Amiibo has a transparent support pole. Luigi got himself as nice crotch wedge, but it could have been a lot worse.

Edited by Guy

I'm just happy Captain Falcon's Amiibo has a transparent support pole. Luigi got himself as nice crotch wedge, but it could have been a lot worse.
Yeah, it's not as bad as I was expecting. :hehe: Plus, I need that Falcon Mii costume for MK8. ;)

As for the final Luigi amiibo... Damn, it looks like he's fallen into a urinal. :heh:

They look decent enough in that video, need those hi-res photos though...

They look decent enough in that video, need those hi-res photos though...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/08/watch-us-unbox-all-12-of-nintendos-amiibo-figurines

I assume those pictures aren't the hi res photo's, but looking through them, they look ok. Peach looks better than some photo's that had circulated of her.. imo.

There are 7 in consideration - Mario is pre-ordered, Pikachu, Kirby, Yoshi, Samus, Princess Peach and Marth.

I want DK/Fox and Link... but I just don't like the designs with those supports. Link in particular. DK.. I'll have a look in person in a shop at some point.. it almost looks like he's sat on a rock/icicle, which perhaps could be acceptable? Fox.. the blue support colour.. meh. Again, maybe.

But I'm letting myself buy 1 at most a month, so I think I had to skip a few anyway so :)

Edited by Pestneb

That IGN video has convinced me that these actually look really great. The supports could be better but overall, very impressed.

Why would they put them in poses to need such stupid supports? And then why have multicoloured ones? So frustrating. So bizarre. The Disney infinity figures are so good, worried these will pale in comparison.

Those IGN photos look fine, even Marth (who has appeared quite derpy in production pics) is looking decent. Link is the only real dud. They actually made the Fox one work quite well with the blue supports compared to Link's urine pillar. Production Peach also looks surprisingly decent there, the eyes don't look so rough. Definitely gonna need to see and choose the humans in-store.

Edited by Guy

Those IGN photos look fine, even Marth (who has appeared quite derpy in production pics) is looking decent. Link is the only real dud. They actually made the Fox one work quite well with the blue supports compared to Link's urine pillar. Production Peach also looks surprisingly decent there, the eyes don't look so rough. Definitely gonna need to see and choose the humans in-store.
The "review" amiibo sent to gaming press were no doubt pre-inspected by Nintendo to ensure there wouldn't be any duds.

But yeah, getting some of these in-store is definitely the way to go.

*EDIT*

Has it been confirmed if that little square inside the packaging stops the amiibo from being scanned yet?

Edited by RedShell

it makes sense, otherwise people could unofficially rent amiibo by buying them and returning them still in the packaging.

From a collecting point of view I imagine it will increase the value of in packaging ones, because people only buying one of each type will HAVE to open the packaging to get any use out of the amiibo.

Having seen them all lined up like that though... kinda makes me want to get them all ><

lol why did they even choose that pose if it required a big fucking stick up his arse?

For the millionth time, they're made to replicate the character trophies in Smash. They're Smash Bros amiibo, not generic Nintendo amiibo.

For the millionth time, they're made to replicate the character trophies in Smash. They're Smash Bros amiibo, not generic Nintendo amiibo.

It's still a bad decision though, they could've put them in more suitable poses. I find the whole thing really bizarre to be honest. I'll still get them all, but I do think they've ruined them a bit; hope they're better in real life.

lol they should of gone for generic Nintendo. It looks fucking stupid, but hey it gives them the excuse to release other versions without sticks up arses or pee coloured sticks with silent protagonists.

I can see why they chose those models... But I think maybe they should have released more stable models first, and thought a bit more carefully about these models requiring supports.

Out of interest, any ideas out there? :D

I'm guessing the right leg allowed the model to pivot in a way that put too much pressure on the left foot, so the support takes that strain, should it be introduced.

Personally I would have preferred a clipped on brace that CAN be removed if you so choose, with a warning on the box not to remove it as the model was likely to be damaged if it is removed.

I think they put themselves into a bit of a corner with this first batch being based on Super Smash Bros. Hopefully the next batch will have more sensible poses.

It's not stopping me buying these though. Though I may have cancelled my order of Luigi if I was actually able to. He looks silly with that plastic wedge.

Anybody else hoping for a Mario Kart set with them in Karts?

OMG Amiibo Settings! Wii U System Update 5.3.0 U Tour

Nintendo's unveiled the 3rd round of amiibo. Warning: Likely to make you cream your pants and there's a lot of sharting going on in these images.

[TWEET]532009264504516608[/TWEET]

B2ITm15CAAAC7dI.png:large

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Nice to see the new figures all have appropriately clear supports, even if some are way excessive. That alone gives me hope for the future of the line.

Expecting a bunch of those figures in wave 3 to be super limited just as Nintendo described some would be.

Loving the new set of figures. Dat Megaman! :yay::bowdown:

Nintendo Voice Chat were on about the figures this week. It was quite an interesting discussion. They were saying that even through the figures support multiple games there is nothing on the packaging that shows this. The figures also have the Smash logo on the base. This, along with the lack of information on the packaging, which could give the impression to the less informed that the figures are for Smash only.

They joked that Nintendo would send out Amiibo stickers to put of things like Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors, which isn't a bad idea to be honest.

The spoke briefly about some of the figures becoming rare. Nintendo also mentioned this the other week, that certain figures may be phased out, depending on popularity. I can see stuff like Wii Fit Trainer and the Fire Emblem characters being less popular than some.

I'm certainly picking some of these up. Yes, the designs have changed a bit, and the plastic stands do look a bit stupid on some of them, however, the implementation of the Amiibo in both Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors is something I can get behind. I still don't care for the Smash stuff though. :)

Still completely nonplussed about amiibo, though I haven't watched that last video yet. Just not too sure on the whole thing, and I'm really not liking the need for the supports on the characters.

Is it old news that Amiibo hold data for only one game at a time? Eurogamer report so.

Initially, this isn't a problem with only Smash writing data. But should more uses come along we simply loose the data?

Toon Link is an instant buy for me. Megaman looks great too. At least the supports are all clear plastic like they should have been from day 1.