NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Mario Kart 8 |OT| [SPOILERS]

what a crap item, there are coins on the track for that. I'll be pretty fucked off leading going into the last couple of bends, being chased down with shells and picking up a coin item.

Coins aren't an item! They are just littered all over the tracks. You used to collect them and it would improve your top speed. When you got to ten (I think) it maxed out your potential. If you got hit with a shell you would love the coins you collected. There was a question mark box that gave you a three coin boost - but whether that is in this time I don't know!

Coins aren't an item!

There's a coin item that gives you two extra coins.

Coins aren't an item! They are just littered all over the tracks. You used to collect them and it would improve your top speed. When you got to ten (I think) it maxed out your potential. If you got hit with a shell you would love the coins you collected. There was a question mark box that gave you a three coin boost - but whether that is in this time I don't know!

Coins ARE an item, they give you extra coins, but if you already have 10 coins they give you a small speed boost I think.

Anything that reminds me of Super Mario Kart is fine by me, long may the coin item stay.

Coins ARE an item, they give you extra coins, but if you already have 10 coins they give you a small speed boost I think.

Yeah I think it gives a slight boost to your speed up until 10 coins. After that it has no effect.

Wait, there's a coin item?

Edit: Right, just checkec the OP.

I see, how quaint!

Anyway I figured out what the Speaker Box item is for:

It grants you the temporary power of voice chat so that you can verbally humiliate your opponents!

Edited by Fused King

It grants you the temporary power of voice chat so that you can verbally humiliate your opponents!

What does everyone reckon that speaker item will do?

I had a laugh the other day imagining it to temporarily allow voice chat. :laughing:

Great minds. :heh:

You stole my idea. :angry:

Either that it connects voice chat to an angry 13 year old who shouts abuse at the other players.

Yeah I think it gives a slight boost to your speed up until 10 coins. After that it has no effect.

I'm sure I read the coins act as mini boosts too if you're maxed out...

The only things I'm slightly worried about with this game are how quickly you get placed on the track when you fall off and how instant weapon blocks reform... Makes it fast and hectic, but it also may neutralise skill a little. Same with the no holding items... I'm sure it'll all be great, but I'm getting a little worried...

Not being able to hold items should mean that the game doesn't become a free for all weapons-fest with barely any actual racing required. Hopefully anyway, it got to stupid levels with MKWii.

The speaker will probably be another generic weapon like it spins out all karts within the blast radius. Bring back the feather for some evasion/tactical play!!

Possible bundle incoming.

pack-wiiu-mk8-gameblorcyyz.jpg

Just came to post that. Withdraw my previous statement.

Not being able to hold items should mean that the game doesn't become a free for all weapons-fest with barely any actual racing required. Hopefully anyway, it got to stupid levels with MKWii.

The speaker will probably be another generic weapon like it spins out all karts within the blast radius. Bring back the feather for some evasion/tactical play!!

You see, I thought that at first, but then I started to think that what it will do is level the playing field a little more, as weapons, in effect, will become more powerful. So the people at the front will get battered more and more as they can't protect themsleves as well. So although there may not be as many weapons, they'll have more of an impact in the race and be more effective/powerful because of it.

The coin item gives you 2 coins. It's designed to be crap so that players in the lead can't just keep getting bananas and shells to protect their bum from players behind them. That's also why they've changed the way items work in this game.... You can still drag items behind you put it doesn't free up the item slot i.e. you can only ever hold 1 item at a time. You can only get a new item when you let go of whatever you're dragging. Also making triple bananas spin around your car means you have to use them before a red shell hits you to place them in its path or the shell may slip in between a banana and hit you. I'm really glad to see all these changes because Mario Kart 7 had a serious problem with players getting an early lead and becoming untouchable bar a blue shell or 2 while everyone 2nd and below had to deal with dodging a barrage of items.

I'd love to join in with the league but I nearly always work on a Thursday... hopefully I can catch a few games with you guys at other times!

Is it crazy that I know who most of them are? :D
Not really. :heh:

@RedShell

Why do I look pissed off? I'm a happy gamer!

Hehehe! :laughing: Just a little Easter egg I chucked in for a laugh. I know you're a happy gamer. :hug:

@RedShell

Why do I look pissed off? I'm a happy gamer!

Because you head butted your 3DS to death over Mario Kart!

A question about this league:

I'd love to join, but can you join if you know you won't be able to race most weeks? Especially as 8 pm is prime 'child in bed, get some film/TV watching done' time. But might get the missus to watch Master Chef some weeks?

How low attendance, is too low attendance?

A question about this league:

I'd love to join, but can you join if you know you won't be able to race most weeks? Especially as 8 pm is prime 'child in bed, get some film/TV watching done' time. But might get the missus to watch Master Chef some weeks?

How low attendance, is too low attendance?

If you miss four weeks in a row you become inactive and are removed from the league table, once you start playing again, you reappear on the league table.

So yeah, play when you can.

VS gameplay starting at 21:30 on this vid:

The lighting in MK8 is just astonishing. :o Game looks incredible even on a crappy 360p quality YT vid. :D

Sign in to follow this