NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Mario Kart 8 |OT| [SPOILERS]

So does anyone wonder if the fact that we have seen what appears to be a full character screen mean that are are no more hidden characters left to uncover?

What he said. In fact, it feels like that's the only point of coins in the game!

Point to point races are the best IMO, it's basically 3 tracks in 1. Plus the start and finish of Mount Wario look fantastic.

Yeah, it's a nice change. I just think is annoying not having the option of doing laps on Rainbow Road (or actually just being able to customise laps in general). Just makes it an incredibly short race. I always like how Rainbow Road was a bit of an endurance.

So does anyone wonder if the fact that we have seen what appears to be a full character screen mean that are are no more hidden characters left to uncover?

Usually there are always hidden characters.

They shrink down the icons for the characters so that more can fit.

It's a console Mario Kart so it would be quite strange that there wouldn't be some unlockable characters there.

Someone link me to the image (I'm at work/lazy) and I'll keep an eye on it as we unlock more.

Just checked the manual and tried again; no map outside of the GamePad (including off TV) and no times.

Why do we have to wait a month if reviewers already have the full game? :mad:

You do know reviewers always get games a few weeks early, right? :p

They always get the games that early. They need to play them a lot and more importantly, Nintendo need to manufacturer the game.

It's so the review can be released before it's out to get you even more hyped for release!

Or disappointed if the review says it's bad, but if the embargo is a couple of weeks before release day, that's generally a good sign.

They should let us buy games early on eShop if we don't want to wait for them to finish making copies of the game.

They should let us buy games early on eShop if we don't want to wait for them to finish making copies of the game.

And that will destroy sales at physical retailers. With their profit from game sales destroyed, they won't want to stock the low-profit consoles.

And that will destroy sales at physical retailers. With their profit from game sales destroyed, they won't want to stock the low-profit consoles.

I suppose it's worth waiting a month so that we can buy games from wherever we like instead of paying £50 per game from eShop :p

Oh I just thought... does this game support Wii Classic Controllers? I hope I don't have to buy Pro Controllers just to play this game with my mates.

I suppose it's worth waiting a month so that we can buy games from wherever we like instead of paying £50 per game from eShop :p

Oh I just thought... does this game support Wii Classic Controllers? I hope I don't have to buy Pro Controllers just to play this game with my mates.

You can't use them, tried the pro one (or whatever it was called).

My fault, it does work. Got confused, between three different people playing this we have three different control methods and it's really confusing. Between the Classic Controller, the Classic Controller Pro, the Game Pad, the Wii U Pro Controller and the WiiMotes - it's one massive cluster-fuck of user-unfriendliness.

Also, there are no podium cutscenes at the end of the the Grand Prix. That's a bit of a sad omission.

Excellent, time to start recruiting new members for the site & league.
Not quite, as only player posts are allowed at the moment. :woops:

But yeah, sounds like a plan once the community is open to all. icon14.gif Let's just hope Nintendo won't delete the posts. :hmm:

Anyway, on screen user names are back during online races, which is awesome. :awesome:

Now I'm wondering if Nintendo have sorted my other issue with the online in MK, which is forcing you to sit through an ongoing race (sometimes the entire 3 laps :zzz:) before you can join a game.

@Daft or @Ashley, have you been able to play online yet? If so, how's the matchmaking system? Assuming you're at liberty to divulge such info of course. ;)

@Daft or @Ashley, have you been able to play online yet? If so, how's the matchmaking system? Assuming you're at liberty to divulge such info of course. ;)

I tried earlier today but couldn't find anyone online. I'll give it another go soon and let you know.

Thinking about DLC...three DLC packs sound right to me. One for Retro tracks, one for some new tracks. And for the last one, I have a crazy idea:

It would give you Diddy and a few other Kongs along with four tracks based on tracks from Diddy Kong Racing.

I tried earlier today but couldn't find anyone online. I'll give it another go soon and let you know.

Forgive my ignorance sir, but how come you get the game early?

I thought it was Ashley's game and Daft was playing? Might be wrong!

Sign in to follow this