NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Mario Kart 8 |OT| [SPOILERS]

Some off-screen pics of the UI appeared, one from the character select screen and another of the cup selection screen.

Have added them to the first post. :)

Gonna be interesting to see if 30 characters will actually be the final amount, or if we can expect even more!

If it does end up being 30 though, the likelihood is that only 2 will be from the Mario universe, and the remaining character slot is to select your Mii.

Who are people expecting/wanting to be included?

I'm hoping Birdo is back, purely to torment people when playing online. :D

Baby Wario, Baby Donkey Kong and Mii would be my guess.

But I hope Wiggler, Birdo, Blooper, Petey, Boo, Cheep Cheep, Magikoopa or Goomba. But most of all: King Wart!!!: peace:

They definitely need to get Petey's Big ol' Head back in there again!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMAF3TfhzXexBrzHxFnDSe3OSZ12G9ek9m_wagBZyPBK87sJchVA

What an amazing team those two are!

Baby Donkey Kong

Wouldn't they just put Donkey Kong's dad in instead (Donkey Kong Jr)?

Wait, what's the Donkey Kong relationship again?... Cranky was original Donkey Kong arcade, and DK was Donkey Kong Jr, no?

Wait, what's the Donkey Kong relationship again?... Cranky was original Donkey Kong arcade, and DK was Donkey Kong Jr, no?

It's changed over time, but the most recent confirmation is that the original DK (Cranky Kong) is the current DK's grandfather (so as DK Jr is the only son of Cranky Kong we know about, he's probably current DK's father).

Well where's DK Jr buggered off to? I hope he saw Donkey Kong through college! :p

And Diddy is either DK's friend, or nephew?... so there could be another Kong [/Yoda]

Edited by Retro_Link

IT LOOKS AS THOUGH DIDDY KONG HAS BEEN CONFIRMED FOR MARIO KART 8

It looks as though the Official Spanish Nintendo Magazine has revealed that Diddy Kong will be joining the party in Mario Kart 8. The official scan was posted as a preview of this month’s magazine. Nintendo has yet to confirm Diddy Kong’s inclusion in the game.

diddy_kong_mario_kart_8_scan.jpg

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/04/14/it-looks-as-though-diddy-kong-may-have-been-confirmed-for-mario-kart-8/

Nah, with all the babies (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy) and the row with the missing characters was build up with the four known babies, I just guessed we're only missing two babies now: Baby Wario and Baby DK: Baby_Donkey_Kong_Artwork_-_Yoshi

Not to fond of all the babies though...

Not to fond of all the babies though...

Me neither. What's next? Geriatric versions?

Well, I guess they put them in for other target demographics than us ;)

Not for us prehistoric NES gamers :awesome:

Sometimes the silliest ideas could be awesome :p

More Cranky Kong!

Would I be right in assuming that my order from Nintendo won't arrive on launch day?

Will be hard reading comments on here where you are all playing the game and my copy is sitting in a Nintendo dispatch department.

Would I be right in assuming that my order from Nintendo won't arrive on launch day?

Will be hard reading comments on here where you are all playing the game and my copy is sitting in a Nintendo dispatch department.

Nintendo don't sent them out, The Hut Group does.

Based on my experience with them (and other sites they own, like Zavvi), I wouldn't expect it to arrive on release day.

Do what I've done. Order it from Nintendo AND download it so it's permanently on you console :)

How much do people think those red shell keyrings will sell for on eBay? I really want one but I'd hate to wait an extra day or two for the Nintendo order.

Nintendo don't sent them out, The Hut Group does.

Based on my experience with them (and other sites they own, like Zavvi), I wouldn't expect it to arrive on release day.

I dunno, I got my copy of Pokémon X from The Hut on Wednesday October 9th. It was released Saturday October 12th.

Coins as a usable item (i.e. obtainable from a [?] on the racetrack) have only been in SMK and now MK8, trust me. ;)

Oh yes, I see your point.

Drybones versions of characters? Basically skeletons with their respective hats. Crap, that's a good idea for a new powerup for a 3D Mario game. Abilities anyone?

Sign me up for Lakitu, looks cool. Kamek would also be very welcome.

Oh yes, I see your point.

Drybones versions of characters? Basically skeletons with their respective hats. Crap, that's a good idea for a new powerup for a 3D Mario game. Abilities anyone?

Dang, forgot all about ol' Drybones!!

I'll gues the missing three are Birdo, Dry Bones and Mii...

Dang, forgot all about ol' Drybones!!

I'll gues the missing three are Birdo, Dry Bones and Mii...

Nah. Mii is usually separate from the selection so that'll be underneath.

I'd still love a cameo each mario kart. So this one Kirby, and it changes each game.

I have slapped my preorder down. This is gonna be epic! Can't wait for Rainbow Road.

You guys know about the Tesco Direct deal? The regular edition comes to £35 if you use the code TDX-PWP4.

Last night I had a dream that I was playing this game... May 30th can't come soon enough!

with regard to the items, what does the coin do?

I wished they still had the fake item box, I used to love dropping one right where a real box would be.

with regard to the items, what does the coin do?

I wished they still had the fake item box, I used to love dropping one right where a real box would be.

I presume it's the same as before, the more you get, the faster your kart will go.

I presume it's the same as before, the more you get, the faster your kart will go.

what a crap item, there are coins on the track for that. I'll be pretty fucked off leading going into the last couple of bends, being chased down with shells and picking up a coin item.

Sign in to follow this