N-Europe

Virtual Reality

Daft

Our "friends" at GAME are charging £5 for a 10 minute PSVR demo at some stores.

For this reason and many more, I'm glad I stopped supporting GAME a long time ago. :blank:

They won't convince many potential buyers by charging for a demo surely? ::shrug:

Depends if they put Thumper on it... that game would make me buy one there and then!!

Thumper is really good. Playing it for too long makes me think that odd, empty and loud universe it the only thing that exists. A bit frightening really. haha

So robot rescue. How do you travel further? For example at the begining to the left there this coins but you can make it with a normal jump.

Also the fans. I presume you actually blow, is there a mic to play on the pad as my headphones don't have a mic so may need to plug in the Ines that came with it.

So robot rescue. How do you travel further? For example at the begining to the left there this coins but you can make it with a normal jump.

Also the fans. I presume you actually blow, is there a mic to play on the pad as my headphones don't have a mic so may need to plug in the Ines that came with it.

Pretty sure you need a second (local) player to help with that stuff.

Is this a joke? I bought it for £14 at launch from amazon.

I couldn't tell either. Got mine for 15 quid a few days after launch.

Got PixelGear today. The accuracy with the move controller in dead on, no issues at all - perfect motion controls.

Quite a fun little shooter, worth the 7 quid.

I couldn't tell either. Got mine for 15 quid a few days after launch.

Got PixelGear today. The accuracy with the move controller in dead on, no issues at all - perfect motion controls.

Quite a fun little shooter, worth the 7 quid.

Don't even know what that is... Played the demo for that point and click Wayward something, oh boy that is incredible!!!!!

Just looked into it, looks great and I love lightgun games!!

Bought it!

Edited by dazzybee
Automerged Doublepost

Don't even know what that is... Played the demo for that point and click Wayward something, oh boy that is incredible!!!!!

Just looked into it, looks great and I love lightgun games!!

Bought it!

I bought Wayward Sky. I normally hate point-and-click games but being in it made me really want to play it. The story, mechanics and overall charm were just great.

Got another VR gem: Tethered

Imagine mixing the PC artificial life sim Creatures and God game Populous together. That's kinda what you end up with.

creatures2-0.jpgPopulous-the-beginning.png

A quite addictive, tricky at times RTS in which you hover above the islands as a God.

Some impressions:

Tethered

Love it! Definitely reminds me of the old artificial life sim: Creatures and Populous. I love the God-sim RTS genre though I'd never contemplated playing it in VR. It works so well. I really hope they add more the game or deliver a sequel. Hell, a Populous revival wouldn't go a miss.

Windlands

Made me queasy for a few minutes but I'd definitely gotten better at handling the more, sick-inducing, VR titles. I'm fine with this now. Swinging from tree to tree is definitely fun but the game can be infuriating at times. Accidentally jump and slightly hit a wall in the wrong direction and you'll off into the abyss.

Weeping Doll

Seems pretty lame to be honest. The voice acting is awful (it's English, I'm English, it's still too much), you can only move by teleporting, a choice would've been nice. And half the time things seem not to work properly. It took me ages to get a key in a door and when I successfully did I hadn't done anything different than before, or hadn't seemed to.

Vev

The first level is definitely the most dull. Soil and blood are pretty amazing. The music really suits it too. I really hope that's what it would actually look like to be in a blood stream, educational and fun!

PixelGear

Love it! Only three levels but it was very cheap. Aiming is great and the harder difficulty levels are challenging but never annoying. Hope they add more soon.

@somme Do you have Thumper? Are we PSN friends? Wouldn't mind comparing high scores! Are there any other high score games?

Tethered is definitely something I fancy. See how i get on; want to play through what I have, then get Wayward Skies... might wait for it to be on sale.

I do have Thumper, currently on level 7 - it's getting pretty difficult now!

Not sure if we're PSN buddies. I'm somme_uk

I'm currently (or was last I checked) number 4 in the world on some Tethered levels. I was number 2 but then more people started playing

I do have Thumper, currently on level 7 - it's getting pretty difficult now!

Not sure if we're PSN buddies. I'm somme_uk

I'm currently (or was last I checked) number 4 in the world on some Tethered levels. I was number 2 but then more people started playing

Yeah I'm on level 7 too, and yep, hard, ridiculously intense! Love it.

Not sure if Virtual Reality is something most people have sampled now, but I tried PlayStation VR today and thought I'd share my impressions.

The headset is perfectly comfortable, both physically and in terms of stereoscopic 3D. It worked straight away - my eyes didn't need to adjust to it at all. Sony has done a great job there. The visor let in a small amount of light from my surroundings and, even if it didn't, I can't imagine feeling genuinely cut off from the outside world.

The best way I can describe it is that it's as though someone has stuck a giant magnifying glass in front of a TV. That "magnifying glass" (almost) fills your field of view, and somehow provides you with stereoscopic 3D. It reminded me of the '90s arcade game, Starblade, although to be honest I was more impressed with that coin-op back then than I was with VR in 2016. Hey, I was 15.

The demo I tried was the luge. First thing I saw was a body sticking out from my point of view. The 3D effect works well but I couldn't in all honesty ever feel it was my body. I went under cars and over jumps, which is meant to make your stomach go over like you're on a roller coaster, but to me it just looked like graphics flashing by. I've heard people say things like they got scared because they looked over a mountain edge (maybe they were talking about Oculus or Vive) but from what I've experienced, I just can't see that.

The main thing though is the resolution. I don't say this to be insulting but, with the screens so close to you, it honestly is like going back to something akin to VHS. I can imagine it will start to be realistic when the screens used are 8K or above, but it's got a long way to go IMO.

I don't say this with the intention of being negative - I wanted to love it - just to have some honest discussion about people's impressions of it. Sony has done a great job with the technology available today, but I just think there's a long way to go before VR really makes you feel you're there.

I realised that next to no one was reviewing PSVR games, even though there's a demand for reviews. So I've started reviewing them here: https://psvr-reviews.com/

Only done Tethered so far but will try to add one a day.

Yo so I have an English degree, if you want free content just send me 1 (one) PS VR.

Edit: And any games you want reviewing.

Edited by Shorty