Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Looks like Titanfall 2 and Monster Energy Supercross are the two games we'll be getting in December.

Get in! Finally a reason to switch my PS4 on again...

 

...Monster Energy Supercross will surely be the first game that I platinum. :D

:p

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow 5 quid for Titanfall 2! I was looking at Shadow of the Tomb Raider, a game that isn't that old and it's 11 quid on Amazon. Great time to be a gamer I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

...Monster Energy Supercross will surely be the first game that I platinum. :D

:p

New year's resolution?

You know what they say: If you don't fulfill your new year's resolutions, drahkon will haunt yo' ass.
YES, THEY DO SAY THAT.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a great offering. The Bioshock games are so brilliant, I envy anyone getting to play them for the first time.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shorty said:

The Bioshock games are so brilliant, I envy anyone getting to play them for the first time.

I remember starting the first one ages ago and stopping it at a jumpscare. I don't know if it was an intentional one but it made me nope out of the game :D I always wanna go back, because the story is apparently amazing. If it's anywhere near the quality of Bioshock Infinite's plot then I really need to get over my fear of horror games :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't even consider Bioshock that much of a "jumpscare" type game. It definitely has that creepy alone-in-the-dark vibe but once you power yourself up a bit there's not too much to fear. Definitely give it another try because the atmosphere and story is well worth it. I say this as someone with absolutely 0% chance of playing jumpy horror games like Amnesia etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've come so close to buying Shadow of the Colossus many times. Glad I held off :D 

Sonic Forces...meh ::shrug: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shadow of the Colossus an excellent choice, if you've not played it then play it.

Sonic Forces, i'll give it a go.  There's 2 pieces of free DLC out for this if anyone is interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sonic Forces is great. I really enjoyed it and loved getting the Platinum on it. 

It was a bit of a grind fest to Platinum, but at the same time kind of enjoyable. I loved that game! Soundtrack is incredible. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

Sonic Forces is great. I really enjoyed it and loved getting the Platinum on it. 

It was a bit of a grind fest to Platinum, but at the same time kind of enjoyable. I loved that game! Soundtrack is incredible. 

I'm actually looking forward to playing it. I loved it when I played it on the Switch and getting this as part of the PS+monthly games is win for me. Good to see the platinum is enjoyable, even if a little grindy.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/02/2020 at 12:48 PM, Jimbob said:

Shadow of the Colossus an excellent choice, if you've not played it then play it.

Sonic Forces, i'll give it a go.  There's 2 pieces of free DLC out for this if anyone is interested.

Never EVER have. Glad its finally coming to Plus. Hope it holds to hype!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought SotC a while ago when it was on offer, it never really clicked for me. I think it was probably a real product of its era, much like Ico, that doesn't necessarily stack up as well now that we're less awed by sheer immense scale. That said, I'm sure it will still tick the box for a lot of people.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Shorty said:

I bought SotC a while ago when it was on offer, it never really clicked for me. I think it was probably a real product of its era, much like Ico, that doesn't necessarily stack up as well now that we're less awed by sheer immense scale. That said, I'm sure it will still tick the box for a lot of people.

It was more the atmosphere that did it for me. There's a quiet sadness and moral ambiguity to it that I've not really come across since. Everything from the soundtrack (and lack of at times) to the open, empty level design just added to the overall mood.

I never really got on with Ico or Last Guardian, but SotC is one of my favourite games. Totally get why it wouldn't appeal to some people though. It can be an acquired taste at times.

Edited by Goafer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/03/2020 at 11:57 AM, Goafer said:

I never really got on with Ico or Last Guardian, but SotC is one of my favourite games. Totally get why it wouldn't appeal to some people though. It can be an acquired taste at times.

Is Shadow of the Colossus a long game?  I’m excited as it’s one of those games I’ve always wanted to experience.  With my current backlog of games it would be good to know if it’s likely to consume hours of my time so I can plan whether to play it now or wait until I have enough time to fully enjoy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites