Silvercini Rovers: 19

Atlético Aqui1a, Leeds M.O.T, Fedex United: 18

The ReBob Stars: 14

Lylat Wanderers, DRAGOOOOO, Lords of Hydra: 13

AC Elites, Cubic County, Cider Seagulls: 12

DuDs Baggies, The Familia FC, Russian Revolution: 10

The Auld Alliance + England: 9

Spotlight

For the first round of Season 30, the spotlight was on Kippen FC vs Yellow Submarine. Players were to predict the outcome and the combined midfield rating of both teams. The winner is @Nikos9 who actually got it spot on with his guess of 2-0 to Yellow Submarine with a combined midfield rating of 22.

Winners:

Round 1: Intergalactico Stars

Great first post :)

Off to a good start. Thought I was likely to lose this one. Turns out I was mistaken and Ellmeister is still completely irrelevant.

I was quite pleased to start the season with a win, even more so when my keeper went off injured mid-way through the first half!

I've started as I mean to go on.

Don't worry doc, most weeks you won't be travelling to 'The Gauntlet' that is Winston's stadium. No shame in a beatdown by mighty Winst.

Well psyched for this season. Love my team right now, coming into it's prime.

By the way - the alliance with me Zell and the (sadly inactive) Twozzock is to be named Winston and his Disciples as Zell hasn't offered up a name.

Great first post :)

Off to a good start. Thought I was likely to lose this one. Turns out I was mistaken and Ellmeister is still completely irrelevant.

You only scored after i sent my young gun on. We were pretty even otherwise which gives me faith considering your team.

Spotlight

For the first round of Season 30, the spotlight was on Kippen FC vs Yellow Submarine. Players were to predict the outcome and the combined midfield rating of both teams. The winner is @Nikos9 who actually got it spot on with his guess of 2-0 to Yellow Submarine with a combined midfield rating of 22.

Winners:

Round 1: Intergalactico Stars

The Force is strong with me! :wink:

Found this on the xpert forums:

The form changes for 1 player 44.6%

Economic event 32.4%

The form changes for 2 players 7.0%

No effect (1 player) 5.1%

A player gets injured 3.9%

The form changes for 5 players 1.5%

The form changes for 3 players 1.3%

The form changes on the entire team 1.0%

A player becomes absent 0.8%

The form changes on 1/3 of the players in the team 0.5%

The form changes for 4 players 0.5%

The form changes on the half team 0.3%

No effect (6 players) 0.3%

A player gets suspended 0.3%

The form changes on 2/3 of the players in the team 0.2%

2 players get injured 0.1%

Change of home advantage 0.06%

3 players get injured 0.02%

A player die and the club is compensated 0.00004%

Presumably you got form changes on 1/3 of the team. This is harsh, and unlucky, but you may never have such an event again.

Plus, with events that can be positive or negative (ie form and economic events) these are weighted 60/40 in favour of positive events.

Over a decent sample size, everyone should get more positive events than negative ones.

I've started as I mean to go on.

Told you.

Actually after I switched to a 1-6-3 formation in the second half, I scored 1, let in 0. If only Xpert would let you make substitutions in the first half (or allow more formations).

Lost 3-0 to Winston...glad not to get battered 7-0 but my playmaker got injured about 15 mins in :(

I just checked and I'm away to Eights United on 24th December. Well that's Christmas ruined.:weep:

I just checked and I'm away to Eights United on 24th December. Well that's Christmas ruined.:weep:

and I'm away to Yellow Subs on Xmas eve then we play each other on NYE...ouch! :shakehead

Match Preview: Kippen FC vs AC Elites

These two legendary managers, who are fierce rivals on and off the field, have chalked up almost 12 years of managerial experience between them. Over the past 28 seasons in the N-Euro Championship there have been some epic clashes between their respective teams.

The rivalry is rekindled today as Kippen and Elites meet in the league for the first time since August 2012, a match where Elites stole a close-fought match with an 89th minute Strijbosch goal which came controversially came minutes after Kippen's captain, Tommy Fraser was brutally injured. Fraser, who is out injured for today's match will be watching on eagerly from the sidelines, eager for his side to seek revenge.

"It was extremely disappointing to lose our last league match to Elites," said Fraser, "all the boys know of the rivalry between the two managers and wanted to get a result for the gaffer. To lose a last minute goal made it all the worse."

Kippen have never beaten AC Elites and have only managed 1 draw in 4 league meetings with the most recent game being in the pre-season cup where Elites won 2-0 at home. Today's match is to be refereed by Seymour Red known for being hard will not play in Kippen's favour. A team known for their aggression and pressure will have to watch their step in what is more than likely to be a fiery clash.

I'm starting to think that there may be a little bit of a skill gap between the middle and lower leagues.

What's going on with @Haden and his rangers? thought you'd be up and challenging for the title but it's fast slipping away!

Not sure what I think about madpool being in middle league. Feels a bit like Liverpool dropping down to the champsionship purely so they'd have a chance to get their hands on some silverware. A bit wrong. I'll still win it though.

3-1 loss and another injury. Like Cube I'm feeling the skill jump from lower to middle league. Will be lucky to survive ;)

What do people think about developing youth keepers? I bought one recently but now I'm wondering if it's worth doing? Seems like it might reduce form for the whole defence and the player himself assuming it will mean a lot more goals conceded.

What's going on with @Haden and his rangers? thought you'd be up and challenging for the title but it's fast slipping away!

Not sure what I think about madpool being in middle league. Feels a bit like Liverpool dropping down to the champsionship purely so they'd have a chance to get their hands on some silverware. A bit wrong. I'll still win it though.

Best midfielder got taken down plus three away games in a row has caused a very bad start but should mean a good run in. What is up with your team btw? They are way to good!

Is matt dead Nikos? Our alliance must be doing awful haha

Best midfielder got taken down plus three away games in a row has caused a very bad start but should mean a good run in. What is up with your team btw? They are way to good!

Is matt dead Nikos? Our alliance must be doing awful haha

I'm holding the alliance up with a win, draw and a loss.

Good away victory against Federer.

3-1 loss and another injury. Like Cube I'm feeling the skill jump from lower to middle league. Will be lucky to survive ;)

What do people think about developing youth keepers? I bought one recently but now I'm wondering if it's worth doing? Seems like it might reduce form for the whole defence and the player himself assuming it will mean a lot more goals conceded.

It's cheaper than buying a more skilled one. Or if you don't fork out every penny you get mediocre keeper instead. So training him from the very beginning will net you a good keeper at little cost.

Your keeper got good skills. Good for freekicks and penalties I guess?

Edited by Tales

Good away victory against Federer.

It's cheaper than buying a more skilled one. Or if you don't fork out every penny you get mediocre keeper instead. So training him from the very beginning will net you a good keeper at little (economic) cost.

Your keeper got good skills. Good for freekicks and penalties I guess?

Haha! I'd love a keeper like Chilavert ;)

My youth is 18/4 with Cool and Reflexes. Might start giving him a run out at half time if I'm winning.

I lost a very tight match against Dud today. My team can create chances, but can't seem to convert them at the moment.

Looking at the Elite League this season, the standard of teams has definitely shot up. I was hoping for one more season of challenging for the title before switching my focus towards long-term development and growth, but results could easily go against me this season as there are a lot of tough teams. If I want to have a reasonable chance of winning the league, I'll need to win all the games I can against non-title contenders as I don't expect the likes of Eights and Silverdale to drop many points. We'll see how it goes anyway.

Haha! I'd love a keeper like Chilavert ;)

My youth is 18/4 with Cool and Reflexes. Might start giving him a run out at half time if I'm winning.

I don't think you can do that....they might have changed it, but for some reason you can't sub your keeper in a competitive game.