NEurope
The Peeps

Xpert 11 Season 29: The Game of Goals

I'm just letting my older players play out their careers and i will gradually bring in new youth when they retire in the next few seasons. I'll probably have a few seasons with bad finishes, but I hope to be more competitive in the long run.

Your midfield looks incredible. Already very high skill levels, and still many years to improve.

Yeh it is my real focus and joy in creating my team, I have a couple of players in the midfield who are all rounders and can play as forwards or defenders which is great. All my goals have come from midfield which I actually quite like!

Glad to see you are back your midfield centred stylish play is what I would like to emulate with my current team.

The old widow in the house next to your stadium has died. It turned out she was a big fan and according to her will Hadens Rangers gets 17 000 econ. May she rest in peace!

Reports are saying she died after watching bob vs Cube 5-5 thriller on MOTD. I hope you are happy guys.

The old widow in the house next to your stadium has died. It turned out she was a big fan and according to her will Hadens Rangers gets 17 000 econ. May she rest in peace!

Reports are saying she died after watching bob vs Cube 5-5 thriller on MOTD. I hope you are happy guys.

Oh she was a fan alright and it was in fact her who blocked the transfer of Mark Undertaker from Intergalactico Stars to Hadens Rangers. Needless to say, the deadman found out and wasn't happy, hence the above...no doubt it was a tombstone piledriver that put her 6 feet under! :p

Oh she was a fan alright and it was in fact her who blocked the transfer of Mark Undertaker from Intergalactico Stars to Hadens Rangers. Needless to say, the deadman found out and wasn't happy, hence the above...no doubt it was a tombstone piledriver that put her 6 feet under! :p

She was the leader of Nexus all along Austin!

You all brought it hook line and sinker! Even my immediate family even my cousin brought it!

Good win against bob today. I know it's early but for those scraping by in the middle league these games are 6 pointers.

Shame I couldn't rescue a point against Cubic last week. Hope that doesn't come back to haunt me later.

Edited by Dedede

AFC Dedede did well, but i'm annoyed I can't stretch my wings to their full extent.

My 0-6-4 formation is flawless, and as such I beat him 1-0 in the second half. Why can't I have that formation from the start hmmm Xpert? WHY?!

A complaint has been lodged.

Disappointed at losing 2-1 today. I played a fair amount of youth and did better than last season when I played full strength. Should've gone full on for the win.

Close victory against another title contender. Potential first loss of the season on Friday but I will fight for victory.

COME ON WINSTON. +17 goal difference after six games, three points clear at the top. Fierce.

HUGE game at the top of the table on Wednesday. The peerless Reggie Hales will be playing his 200th game. Winston veteran Archie Rosebotham has unfortunately picked up a nasty ankle knock so will miss the game.

I feel like Madpool is the kid at school who's been held back a couple of years and bullys the other kids in the class. I will stand up for the good of the group.

COYW

Right, clearly what i'm going to have to do in my next game is to shut up shop in the first half, to limit the damage before Xpert will let me throw on all my strikers in the 46th minute.

I can't see this failing.

@Dr\. bob I feel obligated to tell you that any player you bring on in a different position (e.g playing a forward as a defender) means that player only plays to 60% of his potential performance. If your players have the all-round special quality they will play at 85% of their potential performance unless they're in goal, then it's 60%. Goalkeepers playing in other positions only play to 60% of their potential if they have the all-round quality and less if they don't (I think it's 40%).

Why on earth would I want to play a forward as a defender, when I can play him as another forward instead...?

Well that's my point, you can't :p the players coming in will play in the position of the player you replace.

Alliances

Eights United, Madpool, The Sixty-Fourthers: 26

Silvercini Rovers: 21

Winston and his Disciples: 20

DuDs Baggies, The Familia FC, Russian Revolution: 20

The ReBob Stars: 16

Lylat Wanderers, DRAGOOOOO, Lords of Hydra: 16

Atlético Aqui1a, Leeds M.O.T, Fedex United: 15

AC Elites, Cubic County, Cider Seagulls: 13

The Auld Alliance + England: 11

The Roger Federer Crew, AFC Dedede, Multiple Scorgasms: 7

Spotlight

This round the spotlight was on Hadens Rangers vs Madpool and players were to predict the outcome and how many chances would be made in the game. The winner is Haden as the only team to bet on a home victory! The result was 3-2 with 14 chances.

Winners:

Round 1: Intergalactico Stars

Round 2: Hadens Legends

(I'll post the next spotlight after Friday's game)

Lottery

Alright, I forgot the bloody lottery then... here it is now :p

Spotlight Winners:

Haden (x2)

Ellmeister

Aqui1a

Nikos9

Cube

League winners:

Zell (Xpert Champion)

Roger Federer (1st in middle league)

Ellmeister (2nd)

Charlie (3rd)

Dedede (1st in lower league)

bob (2nd)

Cube (3rd)

Hadens Award winners (written by Haden):

Important Results

DuD

DuD picked up some crucial results this season to earn promotion, a double win against Winston and a big away victory against Ell as well as inflicting a rare loss on RFC meant DuD finished just 4 points off the pace but 11 points ahead of 4th to secure promotion.

Style Award

RFC

This was a breakout season for RFC who won the middle league in style. They scored above 3 goals against almost every side and their adaptable midfield meant they could play attacking possesion based football even away from home. A real treat to watch and a team to look out for next season.

Player Award

Winston Gardens

After a slow start the sheer quality of some of the individuals shone through with Winston. Ingham netted 9 goals and earned 4 X11 awards. Thomas and Rosebotham were deadly in midfield with a combined 22 points (shots or assists) coming from that pairing. Joyce provided a solid cool base to move forward for his team and while Coelho is still bedding into the side he earned 2 clean sheets to take into next season. A season truly turned around.

Candidates

@Dr\. bob

@dan\-likes\-trees

Please pick a number between 1 and 17. The winner will get 3 month's VIP.

Edited by The Peeps
Automerged Doublepost

Round 2: You only play twice

maxresdefault.jpg

The Familia FC 3-0 Cubic County

The Familia got a solid win against County with a great all round performance. Despite being down in the midfield battle playing 4-4-2 against 4-5-1 the home side overran County with 64% possession and 7 chances to 3. However County defender well in the 1st half and it was only in the 2nd that the goals came. First Gibbs set up Kingston to whip in a long range effort, then Kingston turned provider for Auffret to head in a goal. Moments later the youth striker Ekedahl came in for Kingston and headed a goal with his first touch of the game. This was a great performance by the home side and a very tough lesson for County.

Madpool 7-1 bob

This was frankly an embarrassing game for bob fans as Madpool destroyed them. After 27 minutes the score was 7-0 Hales had a hat-trick as did Monk and Trainer had set up 3 goals. Madpool had nearly 70% possession and had created 11 chances to none. The home fans were chanting for 20 goals at this point and it was a relief that bob must have stocked up on the hair-dryers because after half time his team came out and started to play. They even got a goal back as Onifang hit in a curling free kick. Madpool did not score again causing the long suffering away fans to sing “We won the half”. Madpool now already have a magnificent goal difference bob have the sort of goal difference that is the average temperature in parts of Russia at this time of year.

Dragooooo 5-1 Leeds M.O.T

This match highlights an interesting narrative change for both of these clubs. Dragooooo had a manager on the verge of leaving and a team who were seemingly on the way to a double relegation. Leeds after their own manager came back from a period of absence seemed a club on the rise with hopes of a top 3 finish. This game sums up the change that we can see already 2 games into this season. Dragooooo really bossed the midfield with both sides playing 4-5-1, Strindlov Disk and Wielink combined beautifully in the first half to create 2 goals while Carrero kept Leeds in touch. However in the 2nd half Strindlov started to dictate the the midfield at his will, setting up Roka and Barculo for goals. Barculo then smashed in a corner to make it a 5-1 rout, the only downside was Velho being sent off for a very silly push after already being on a yellow but a fine win for the home side, Leeds look like a club lacking confidence at the moment.

AFC Dedede 0-3 Winston Gardens FC

This was always going to be a tough game for AFC Dedede but they came up playing 3-5-2 really wanting to go after Winston. Sadly for them creative midfielder Hodge was taking out in a nasty collision and the youth Hill was brought in as an emergency substitute. This was a real shame as Dedede desperately missed both his creation of chances and good work and breaking down opposition moves. Ingham was able to play with more freedom and soon set up Benmouih for a great goal and then bypassed a 3 man defence, leaving them for dead before nutmegging the goalie. Dedede were kept quiet and when they did push forward Winston threatened on the break and scored again when Goodison sent Hu Liu through for a 3rd Winston goal. This was a positive game for AFC Dedede, Winston are top quality opponents but in other games at home I tip them to get some scalps this season.

Coloccini FC 1-1 Hadens Rangers

These two managers have a lot of respect for each other and their teams are both on the verge of breaking out of the Middle League. Both teams went for an attacking 4-3-3 set up but it was the home side who struck first, Stockley hit a cross in for Costa to power home. Rangers were kept in the back foot but struck back after the break when Mallett turned provider and lifted the ball in for Walters to power home with a header of his own. Both sides seemed content with a draw and neither really pushed for the win, it will be interesting to see what happens in the reverse fixture as not much separates these two.

Most Important Result: Dragooooo 5-1 Leeds M.O.T, while Winston got an away win this result for me shows that this season is going to be a very positive one for Dragooooo.

Played with Style: Madpool, okay so maybe bob helped this but 7 goals in 27 minutes? That is incredible.

Player of the Round: Strindlov, Dragooooo, was dominant in midfield orchestrating play with skill and setting up numerous goals.

2 and 3 please

RFC

This was a breakout season for RFC who won the middle league in style. They scored above 3 goals against almost every side and their adaptable midfield meant they could play attacking possesion based football even away from home. A real treat to watch and a team to look out for next season.

Player Award

Hasn't been so stylish in upper league though has he!! The LOSER.

(Love you Rog, if you're reading)

I PICK SIX.

PS - Thanks for the award Haden. Appreciated.

Rog says 'I can't show my face around there now. Say 4 for me'