NEurope
The Peeps

Xpert 11 Season 29: The Game of Goals

Yeah, you can't sub keepers. Only in friendlies.

It's said they get easier exp than other players though.

I was expecting a big defeat today, but managed to keep Silverdale to a draw at his ground. I even somehow created more chances than him - 4 to his 1. Good stuff! :D

Next up: Eights...

My season is going exactly as I thought it would. I'm almost aiming for relegation really. I've shifted my focus with my midfield after the addition of another youth so now I'm really just looking at development. So I'm fielding weaker teams and not really expecting any wins :p

First home game of the season on Tuesday though so maybe home advantage will see us to a draw!

Round 1

StartLine2.jpg

Coloccini FC 1-0 The Familia FC

A matured Coloccini side took on The Familia in what was a controlled victory. Coloccini lost out on possession even with a 4-5-1 formation but the Familia seemed to have some pre season rust as they failed t fashion a single chance. Something that was a plus point for the away side was their defensive display with the ever green Chris Jerimo coming up with some outstanding saves through the contest. However Coloccini pressure eventually paid off when they earned a penalty which the legend that is Haslop hammered past Jerimo. This looked like it had 0-0 written all over it but this is a very good win for Coloccini while the Familia will need a bit more bite to back up their defence in the next game.

Cubic County 0-6 Madpool

This was a major mismatch as promoted County were destroyed by the midfield talent of Madpool. Madpool who have fallen out of the Elite League showed why they belong back there with a magnificent display. Playing 3-5-2 it was clear the manager saw this game as a chance to make a statement. Madpool were rampant in midfield with crisp passing between players, Hales scored a hat-trick with Gerrard, Gay and Monk all getting goals as well. Madpool fans worried about the future of the club will be glad to see youth like Levia making an impact with 2 assists. To add insult to injury Walters who endured a miserable time in defence was taken off with a nasty hamstring injury that may take a while to heal. Two sets of fans had a very different experience of the Middle League today!

Dragoooooo 3-2 Hadens Rangers

An all action match made this the highlight of the Middle League opening season as these two Middle League veterans put on a passionate display. Rangers lost the initiative early as star midfielder Burlett was crashed into late by a Dragoooooo player, he had to be subbed off. This left Rangers lacking stamina and strength in midfield and the home side took advantage quickly in a period of play that gave them a two goal lead. First a free kick by Wielink that popped up over the wall and then a toe punt by Velho that made its way into the net. Rangers caught the home side napping soon after as they counter attacked and Cahill found space and blasted a shot in off the post. Just before half time a crucial moment occurred, Tabb brought down Barculo in the box. The striker stepped up after some mind games by Tabb delayed the penalty, this must have affected the Dragoooooo forward as he blasted it straight over the bar to the delight of the away end. In the 2nd half the sub Mossley fond some space and launched a ball in for Cahill to head in his 2nd and tie the scores up. However with the lions share of possession the home side kept coming forward and Barculo of all people saw Tabb off his line and lobbed the Rangers keeper for an amazing goal. The pace of the game remained steady as Velho clattered into Rangers striker Mallett to send him off and earn himself a yellow card. With frustrations rising Mulholland went in late near the end of the game and didn't even wait to be sent off as he walked off the pitch to the joy of the home fans. The managers exchanged the briefest of handshakes at the end of this one. What a final day rematch this will be!

Leeds M.OT 0-3 AFC Dedede

In what was the shock result of the day Lower League champions Dedede beat Leeds at their own ground 3-0. While Leeds packed their midfield with 5 very capable players Dedede seemed more organised with their 4-4-2 formation. They beat Leeds in both possession and chances and twice in the first half veteran midfielder Alder ghosted past a sleeping Leeds defence to head the ball home. When strikers Kane and Ainsworth linked to score a 3rd just before the half drew to a close home fans were furious. Leeds tried to push forward especially when Dedede defender Axford was subbed after a hard tackle but they could not even find one goal never mind three. Willoughby earned a 2nd yellow for a late challenge at the death which annoyed his manager. However this was a fantastic away win for the Lower League champions!

Winston Gardens FC 7-1 bob

The other ritual slaughter of the day occurred as Winston Gardens took bob to the sword. Their 3-5-2 formation against a weak but to their credit ambitious bob side gave Winston 14 chances and nearly 70% possession. 6 Winston players scored and Benmouih contributed with 3 assists, for bob Kalla headed in a goal to at least give their fans something to cheer about. What should be said about this game is obviously it doesn't indicate that Winston will be invincible but their team is in the opinion of this writer the best in this league and it was shown in this game, they were simply devastating. For bob it was a harsh lesson in playing attacking football away against a vastly superior opponent.

Important Win: Leeds M.OT 0-3 AFC Dedede, Dedede are a remarkable team and their arrival at the Middle League could have seen them being 'found out' but this win shows they more than deserve to be here.

Stylish Play: Madpool, Winston Gardens, both sides gave a masterclass in playing football of a different class and made huge statements of intent on the first day.

Player of the Day: Reggie Hales announces he is here to the Middle League with a effortless hat-trick.

Best midfielder got taken down plus three away games in a row has caused a very bad start but should mean a good run in. What is up with your team btw? They are way to good!

Is matt dead Nikos? Our alliance must be doing awful haha

Fair dos, tough first few games for you. Well excited for our match, looking for a good barometer of where my team really are right now.

But ha, thanks. Invested about 10 mill at the start of this season (though only one of the three newbies is performing as hoped). My long term game finally coming into effect!

Fair dos, tough first few games for you. Well excited for our match, looking for a good barometer of where my team really are right now.

But ha, thanks. Invested about 10 mill at the start of this season (though only one of the three newbies is performing as hoped). My long term game finally coming into effect!

I am fearing a loss but will see what happens I usually have a bad start to seasons and then go on a great run in the center and falter a bit at the end. Figure it will be the same this time :P

Apparently a mole is leaking team bob's line-up for tomorrow in the evening papers, so i might as well tell you @Cube; i'm going for a second half 1-5-4 formation. Do with that what you will.

Is matt dead Nikos? Our alliance must be doing awful haha

I've been reminding him but he keeps forgetting about it plus he's also been revising for an exam but that's out the way now so he should be more on the case in future!

vince-mcmahon-walk.gif

3 points feels good! I must have a huge home advantage because outside crippling Winston's playmaker I did nothing right tactically.

I am taking you down next @MadDog you and your SAS are no match for the Burlett Mallett combination!

Alliances

Eights United, Madpool, The Sixty-Fourthers: 26

Silvercini Rovers: 23

DuDs Baggies, The Familia FC, Russian Revolution: 20

Winston and his Disciples: 18

Atlético Aqui1a, Leeds M.O.T, Fedex United: 18

Lylat Wanderers, DRAGOOOOO, Lords of Hydra: 17

The ReBob Stars: 15

The Auld Alliance + England: 12

The Roger Federer Crew, AFC Dedede, Multiple Scorgasms: 8

AC Elites, Cubic County, Cider Seagulls: 8

Spotlight

The spotlight is on Hadens Rangers vs Madpool this Friday as these two managers go head to head for the first time in an official game since Haden reset his team. Please predict the outcome and how many chances will be made in the game.

Winners:

Round 1: Intergalactico Stars

Round 2:

3-0 to Rangers and 7 chances.

I am bonusing this one high it is a special meeting.

moneyvl.gif

Wow, I never thought that tactic would actually work! Going 1-5-4 against Coloccini paid off!

1-2 with 7 chances

Me reckon 2-4, with 18 chances.

I'll say 1-3, with a total of nine chances.

Spotlight:

Score: 2-2

Chances: 4-6 (or 10 total)

Hadens Rangers 3-2 Madpool

tumblr_mmg8pgdlbF1s37joxo1_250.gif

0-0 away to Duds baggies but my main forward is now injured for a week. Considering I lost 6-1 last time I play Duds away in the league I'd say that was a good result.

Very good round for me, both my results and the other title contenders. Nice to have five point lead already.

But the real season starts now. The matches up to now were just to warm up.

That injury for Capwell really hit hard, first match back his dv start off at 3 and AV at 5. Even for a 31 year old it's not very good.

Though I will miss him I must remember to not have Fjellbekk as a reserve, he has retired and if he shows up to replace an injury he will essentially steal exp from other players that are actually going to stay next season.

Edited by Tales

I'm not sure why i played so bad. Just played poor ratings all over.

ibn4L2A4p6d6km.gif

To be fair I was at home playing my best team it was a gg I am sure you will triumph in the rematch.

How is your team going? I feel you are a bit like England, veterans and youths and a lost generation in the middle.

To be fair I was at home playing my best team it was a gg I am sure you will triumph in the rematch.

How is your team going? I feel you are a bit like England, veterans and youths and a lost generation in the middle.

I'm just letting my older players play out their careers and i will gradually bring in new youth when they retire in the next few seasons. I'll probably have a few seasons with bad finishes, but I hope to be more competitive in the long run.

Your midfield looks incredible. Already very high skill levels, and still many years to improve.