NEurope
The Peeps

Xpert 11 Season 29: The Game of Goals

Very important away win against Silverdale. 8 point lead and the only one with double digit goal difference is not bad at all. With two home matches left I can go the first half with only wins too.

Too bad about the striker though, once one of them came back from an heavy injury the other one gets assaulted as well.

Spotlight

This round the spotlight is on the 2nd and 3rd place teams in the lower league,Fedex United vs The Sixty-Fourthers. Please predict the outcome and how many freekicks will be taken in the game.

Winners:

Round 1: Intergalactico Stars

Round 2: Hadens Legends

Round 3:

Solid win today against Cube looking forward to the rematch.

Playing against bob fills with my fear, my ideal formation would be 10-0-1

Get the ball in defense lob it up to a totally unmarked striker at the other end.

Oh and after today Winston, Eights and Russians looking like sure bets for titles but could there be some twists on the way?

Am going to skip this season as I've just lost complete interest in the game. Hope to be rekindle my interest before next season.

Am going to skip this season as I've just lost complete interest in the game. Hope to be rekindle my interest before next season.

I hope you do. Take this opportunity to build up funds or get some youth development done!

Yeh the thing is next season is Champions League so should be great fun so log in to keep form up and get youths in. I thought your team were on the way up to be honest you have done a really good job with them.

Not doing too well this season points wise but DV is on track. Hopefully we'll go on a winning run in the 2nd half of the season.

Not doing too well this season points wise but DV is on track. Hopefully we'll go on a winning run in the 2nd half of the season.

I'm not sure how but all my DVs are looking great at the moment. Everyone hovering around 10 and not even half way through the season. Need to make sure I can keep up form even if I am losing most matches.

My team is still very young but improving season on season.

So let me get this straight.

If you are playing well, and maybe a few goals ahead, and you want to 'shut up shop' defensively. You perhaps decide to take off a striker and bring on a defender (y'know, like a fucking football manager), maybe change from a 3-5-2 to a 4-5-1.

In this instance, X-pert Eleven puts the damn defender up front?! PLaying as a striker? With 60% effectiveness?! What the hell is the point in that?!

Are you sure that's how the game works? Because that's how i've been using the substitution system, based on whether i'm winning or losing, bringing on defenders, or strikers etc, and all this time i've been acting like David fucking Moyes?

What is the point in even having a tactical substitution section, if you only really need to swap like-for-like whenever someone gets injured?

Craptacular.

So let me get this straight.

If you are playing well, and maybe a few goals ahead, and you want to 'shut up shop' defensively. You perhaps decide to take off a striker and bring on a defender (y'know, like a fucking football manager), maybe change from a 3-5-2 to a 4-5-1.

In this instance, X-pert Eleven puts the damn defender up front?! PLaying as a striker? With 60% effectiveness?! What the hell is the point in that?!

Are you sure that's how the game works? Because that's how i've been using the substitution system, based on whether i'm winning or losing, bringing on defenders, or strikers etc, and all this time i've been acting like David fucking Moyes?

What is the point in even having a tactical substitution section, if you only really need to swap like-for-like whenever someone gets injured?

Craptacular.

You can't change formation mid game :p

I use substitution to send in youths in the more difficult matches if set conditions are met, like if I lead with two goals I don't need to worry about the youths not doing well. Or if I have good lead I can replace the older players or players who have a nice dv and replace them with youth. Or to give several youths a chance to play, so one youth swaps with another at half time.

If you want to "shut up the shop" you can replace a low skilled defender with your best benched defender. Not a midfield or striker, but defender.

Round 3: The plains of Xpert

african-plain2.jpg

Leeds M.O.T 0-0 Hadens Rangers

This was a very nervy game and not really one to go back and watch if you missed it. Both teams lined up with a 4-4-2 set up but chances were at a premium. Leeds had 2 chances but Tenzer is really growing as a goal keeper and Palmer has been fantastic for Rangers this season so the chances were both limited and stopped. Rangers however did not make anything and now that Astle is gone and Burlett was injured they really needed the rest of their midfield to step up but they failed in doing that. A poor game for both sides.

Coloccini FC 6-1 Cubic County

Coloccini have had a few seasons were they have gone up and down through the Middle and Lower league but they really look like a strong middle league side now that will be pushing to be in the top 3. Playing with confidence their 3-5-2 formation set them up for a goal straight away as Costa set up Murgita for a headed goal. However County hit back Lassiter climbed above everyone to find the net with his head. This was only a temporary blip as Madeley and then Murgita scored to make it 3-1 going into half time. The captain Stockley pulled up with a nasty looking toe injury into the 2nd half. However the home side was unstoppable even without him, Murgita lost his marker to bury his 3rd goal and the dominance in the air continued as headers from Costa and Mallo gave Coloccini a 6-1 victory. Cubic are finding this league hard but credit to them for coming out with 2 strikers.

AFC Dedede 1-3 Madpool

Madpool proved to much to handle in midfield as they dominated a spirited AFC Dedede. Both sides played 4-4-2 but it seemed like Madpool had an extra couple of players in their midfield as they passed circles around the home side. Gerrard was the main creative force in midfield and he set up goals for both Gay and Monk in a 1st half which Madpool had 7 chances to 0. The home side looked better in the 2nd half but Gerrard made sure the momentum stayed with Madpool when he hit in a stunning piledriver that rang in off the post to make it 3-0. Ainsworth scored a free kick soon after to make it 3-1, however when the captain Brydon fell into the dugout going for the ball and hurt his leg the Dedede manager let out an audible sigh. A frustrating game for AFC Dedede against an irresistible Madpool.

Bob 1-3 The Familia FC

bob was looking to score a victory after two 7-1 thrashings in a row. The ultra offensive bob was hit on the break almost straight away when Wallwork found Chase with a long ball from a bob corner, Chase just had to beat goalie to make it 1-0. However momentum seemed to swing back to bob, Crossley a great The Familia midfielder was stretchered off and minutes later bob were given a penalty. Lone striker Kalla thumped the ball straight into row Z in what was one of the worst misses of the season so far. As the 2nd half started the bob players came out first and seemed very much up for the restart, almost immediately the ball fell to Kalla in the box and he whacked it home and ran over to the home fans who were cheering with delight for the villain turned hero. The game was very back and forth now but it was a more balanced away side who hit home next as Kingston curled in a beautiful shot, bob kept coming forward and dominated possession but in the end when Walters headed in a Bachmann cross there was no way back. This was better for bob but an impressive The Familia FC took their chances and got the 3 points.

Winston Gardens FC 3-1 Dragooooo

This had a big game feel to it already after 2 games as both teams seem genuine title contenders. Winston really wanted this win with a 3-5-2 line up and came out fired up. Ingham who has been fantastic scored again when he pounced on a loose ball early on, he then set up Goodison for a close range placed shot that left Sesia with no chance. Dragooooo could not get out of their half and Thomas made it 3-0 with a curled shot on the 31st minute mark. However Akera got a knock just before half time and when the away manager gambled it all with 3 substitutions in the 2nd things began to change and Dragooooo got into the game. However the goals did not come until it was to late, Wennergren headed in a peach of a cross from Strindlov. This was a good game but Winston just overpowered Dragooooo in the end, the rematch may be crucial later in the season.

Most Important Result: Winston Gardens 3-1 Dragooooo, this felt like a big game as I said and Winston passed the test with flying colours.

Played with Style: Coloccini FC, not only do they win games in this league now, they dominate games with beautiful football.

Player of the Round: Gerrard, Madpool, was the architect of two goals and hit in a third to help Madpool win a potentially tricky game.

Damn forgot about the spotlight i am going for 2-0 with 2 free kicks

Humbug. This game is broken.

I will be honest i thought you were doing this as a joke like Moyes rather than being a bad manager like Owen coyle it sucks you found this out just before our game lol. I agree with you that its stupid btw

Humbug. This game is broken.

Up until recently you couldn't even make substitutions apart from when someone got injured. I think that this is something that they will be working on.

These were my exact two facial expressions pre and post 66 minutes

tumblr_likpkzCOVY1qgvpy0.gif

Also shit kicked off at 66 minutes and the final score was 6-6. bob is the devil.

Nice 6-3 win today against one of my rivals. Dvs looking ok and looking forward to teaching @bob a football lesson.

Nice 6-3 win today against one of my rivals. Dvs looking ok and looking forward to teaching @bob a football lesson.

Nice to see you back in the game! Peeps correct me if I am wrong but it may be worth trying to avoid relegation this season even if you are concentrating on devs etc as this seasons finishing position will seed everyone for the Champions League.

I am trying to claw my way into the top 3 but having trouble doing that as I cannot win away. :nono:

I won in the end but the match was bit crazy. Four yellow cards, three injuries, two own goals that missed, two red cards and a penalty.

Edited by Tales

Good luck, there's not a single thing I don't know about this game.

Oh, apart from most of the rules, game mechanics and tactics.

Nice to see you back in the game! Peeps correct me if I am wrong but it may be worth trying to avoid relegation this season even if you are concentrating on devs etc as this seasons finishing position will seed everyone for the Champions League.

I am trying to claw my way into the top 3 but having trouble doing that as I cannot win away. :nono:

that is correct

What are everyone's dvs like at this stage in the season? bit concerned mine are lagging. all around the 9, 10 mark