NEurope
The Peeps

Xpert 11 Season 29: The Game of Goals

From the Xpert team:

Hi everyone,

We hope everyone have had a great holiday. We have some news to kick off the new year, especially one that we think everyone will be pretty happy about:

- All banner ads are disabled for VIP members.

We’re also working on finally solving the issues with intrusive ads, which aren’t allowed by us or the ad network. We’re working with a big and serious ad network, but unfortunately there are advertisers trying to find any loophole they can to get through all quality checks. If we don’t find a solution in the near future we will try another ad network.

I use adblock anyway so I never see any adverts but I'm sure this is good news for some of you :p

Cup:

Lylat Wanderers

Coloccini FC

Winston Gardens FC

The Roger Federer Crew

bob

AFC Dedede

Hadens Legends

The Familia FC

Atlético Aqui1a

Leeds M.O.T

Russian Revolution

Yellow Submarine

DuDs Baggies

Dragooooo

Lords of Hydra

Intergalactico Stars

Recall United

Certainly is good news, would of thought as standard the ads would vanish if you were VIP as a bonus.

Yeah seems like this should've been the way from the start really :p VIPs already pay towards the site so adding ads on top of that is a bit much!

@Blade you should think about joining the cup will be a good introduction to the game before the season proper starts.

You are able to log in now and look at your team btw.

You have a team that isn't great tbh but does have some strengths. I would try and buy a young 19-20 5-6 star goalie and use him as your main one. You may ship some goals but he is better than the awful ones you have and will improve for the future.

In defence sack Horne and Ricketts and try and get another 19-20 5-6 star player for cheap.

In midfield sack Hassall and I would also get rid of either Thomson or Ackram but not both, then bring in yet again a 19-20 5-6 star person.

Forward line is your biggest strength I would sell Bower and rotate your two young strikers to play with Parsons.

Also as you will be logging in for the first time get some money by doing the sponser activity and go to press and write a short 200 word PR to get more money then use it to train your players up.

Ideally I like to have under 25s over 15 form and over 25s at around 15.

The other bigger thing is your side is very weak atm but do not despair! This is a game that requires planning over seasons. Your players have the potential to go up a skill bar or even two each season (especially the young ones). Anyway if you don't enter the cup try and get a friendly with someone and get to grips with the game and enjoy :D

In other news "A lifelong fan of Hadens Legends found a large diamond ring whilst using his new metal detector at the beach. He sold the ring and donated the proceeds of 998 500 econ to the club."

Booyah!

This is my fault but I just have memories about xpert from Zell and Nikos atm. :(

I remember I had at least 5 before I deleted my PM's would love to hear from more of you guys even if it is just a sentence :D

In for the cup.

11+ and 9 visible, including a double jump. Not bad but I thought it was going to be better than that. Blame it on the small squad I guess. Team average has risen from 10.3 to 10.5 despite two high skill players leaving. Still the strongest team of all, now listed as full bar above second place(Ellmeister again).

I'll post some season end stats later.

Edited by Tales

Plus 14 and 14 visible including a double jump, one of the best reports I have ever had really feel my team is on the verge of something very impressive but they still haven't won anything more than the lower league title so it is time for them to all step up.

Btw peeps how is the knockout stage going to work? Do you as admin select any options?

How the actual fuck did I get the player with the most assists in the middle league? I came second last!

In other news, don't you think it is a bit fishy that all the players have the same birthday? And the same birthday as Flink no less!

Quite a good change report for me, all + except for 2 of my over 30 players. A couple of invisible jumps make it look disappointing but this was my first season with great dv (15/16 all round) for a few seasons so I was expecting that. Anyone that didn't visibly jump is going to be right on the verge of a raise again so at least that's something!

changereportjan2014_zps2bf2741e.png

Apart from Placente being a stubborn jeb and refusing to DV past 13, it's a great change report! I even got a double jump!! Just noticed that as I'm typing haha.. Yeah, only 3 who didn't raise visibly. Happy. :D

I got a +10, which is the worst I've had in a while, but I did miss a couple of games this season, so I guess I deserve that.

Might look to the market and spend some of that money I've saved to make up for it.

Thought I'd post mine as well

x11s29_zps066e08d8.png

No purchases for me, squad is fine as it is.

Top 5 in the Elite League

x11s29diagram_zps0b4f7771.png

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

2efrk42.png

Couple of unfortunate non-gains (elroy was on 16 dv!) But in general, jumps where I wanted them. Iwao is looking the part.

3rd highest valued team in the league behind eights and inter. Things looking up.

Lots of teams starting to fall in place right now, Haden Rangers and Elites for a start. Will be a good season / league!

I'd vote 6 (or even five) per group if we haven't set on anything yet? Much less predictable , each game would count, etc

3rd highest valued team in the league behind eights and inter. Things looking up.

From my experience the team value updates a day or two after the change report. Mine is identical from before the change report, so I don't think the team value is updated to reflect the changes yet.

My DVs weren't great this season, but managed to pull off a +10 change report which is okay considering my squad is starting to age. I'll be looking to sell some of my oldies in the transfer window.

Also, got a nice amount of prize money this season. 500k for 2nd place, 250k for top goal scorer and 350k for manager of the season!

For the Champions' League, if it's going to be a one-off then we should get every team involved and not just the top 16. Either we do 5 groups of 6 or drop a couple of inactive teams and make it 4 groups of 7.

The Champions League will only go up to a top 16. At the moment it'd be 8-8-8-7 but we have a few inactive teams. I could get rid of the most inactive team (I think that's Fish's team - not logged in since october) and we could have 5 groups of 6. It would still be 16 teams in the finals though.

Personally I would prefer 4 larger groups.

[edit] didn't see your question Haden... just to expand, the options for the knockouts are either 8 teams in the final or 16. I think it would be better to have 4 groups (8-8-8-8 if we can get ONE more team, although we could just as easily do 7-7-7-7 I think if we off the inactives) and 16 teams in the knockouts.

Would love some feedback on this :p

Edited by The Peeps

Cup:

1. Lylat Wanderers
  2. Coloccini FC
  3. Winston Gardens FC
  4. The Roger Federer Crew
  5. bob
  6. AFC Dedede
  7. Hadens Legends
  8. The Familia FC
  9. Atlético Aqui1a
  10. Leeds M.O.T
  11. Russian Revolution
  12. Yellow Submarine
  13. DuDs Baggies
  14. Dragooooo
  15. Lords of Hydra
  16. Intergalactico Stars
  17. Recall United
  18. AC Elites
  19. Eights United

With 19 teams is it correct that 6 teams play in the first round with 13 byes? That would leave 16 teams left after round 1.

I will draw the teams at around 6pm tonight.

Your maths are correct, yes.

I'll have a bye please. Thank you.

The Champions League will only go up to a top 16. At the moment it'd be 8-8-8-7 but we have a few inactive teams. I could get rid of the most inactive team (I think that's Fish's team - not logged in since october) and we could have 5 groups of 6. It would still be 16 teams in the finals though.

Personally I would prefer 4 larger groups.

[edit] didn't see your question Haden... just to expand, the options for the knockouts are either 8 teams in the final or 16. I think it would be better to have 4 groups (8-8-8-8 if we can get ONE more team, although we could just as easily do 7-7-7-7 I think if we off the inactives) and 16 teams in the knockouts.

Would love some feedback on this :p

Deffo go for 16 I reckon it's a tricky one 7777 risks inactives could you open league up to get a newb from outside forums?

Btw where did you read that no DV is gained in knockout stage?

I don't think I've ever said that about DV.

The DV in the knockout stage is 'bonus' DV. You don't get any less DV than you would in a normal season if you don't play in the knockouts. Teams that DO play in the knockouts obviously get extra DV. The knockouts are 4 rounds which means a maximum of two teams would get 4 extra games, four teams would get 3 extra games etc. This is no different from having an official cup running alongside the season (which the VIP and official leagues have) where teams that progress further in the cup obviously get extra games and therefore extra DV.

If we drop to 7-7-7-7 and still have inactives, that would still mean less inactive teams than having it as 8-8-8-7. I could open it and advertise the league a bit and hopefully get another team in but we would still have the inactive teams we do now (fish, Jayseven, Balbuzards/Seahawks). They'll be auto-sacked soon anyway.

Alliances

DuDs Baggies, The Familia FC, Russian Revolution: 23

Eights United, Madpool, The Sixty-Fourthers: 21

Winston and his Disciples: 20

Silvercini Rovers: 19

Lylat Wanderers, DRAGOOOOO, Lords of Hydra: 17

The ReBob Stars: 16

Atlético Aqui1a, Leeds M.O.T, Fedex United: 14

The Auld Alliance + England: 12

The Roger Federer Crew, AFC Dedede, Multiple Scorgasms: 12

AC Elites, Cubic County, Cider Seagulls: 11

Predictions

This season I asked you to predict the final positions of the top and bottom teams in each division. Each correct guess would earn you 1 point.

Intergalactio Stars - 9

Atlético Aqui1a - 8

Coloccini FC - 7

bob - 6

Winston Gardens FC - 4 (incomplete predictions)

Intergalactico correctly predicted the most promoted/relegated teams and was the only team to correctly guess the winning alliance!

Lottery

RogerFederer - 4 & 5 & 17

Dedede - 14

Ellmeister - 12 & 13

Haden - 2 & 3

Cube - 1 & 16

Nikos9 - 10

Aqui1a - 9

Charlie - 7

Dr. bob - 15

DuD - 8

dan-likes-trees - 6

Zell - 11

The lucky winner is.... Cube! three months of VIP is on its way to you!

(the lucky number was 1)

Sorry that took so long, I will try and get this season's lottery done a lot sooner!

Lottery Entrants:

League winners:

Eights United

Winston Gardens FC

Hadens Legends

DRAGOOOOO

Russian Revolution

Fedex United

Recall United

Spotlight Winners:

Intergalactico Stars (x2)

Hadens Legends

Alliance Winners:

DuDs Baggies

The Familia FC

Russian Revolution

Prediction Winner:

Intergalactico Stars

3 Picks:

Intergalactico Stars

2 Picks:

Hadens Legends

Russian Revolution

1 Pick:

Eights United

Winston Gardens FC

DRAGOOOOO

Fedex United

Recall United

DuDs Baggies

The Familia FC

Please pick a number between 1 and 14 and three months VIP could be on its way to you!

Edited by The Peeps
Automerged Doublepost