• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rez is dead. He was the shadow lord.

---------------------------------------------

Town wins. FML.

------------------------------------------------

Ok now thats over..... jeeze, where to begin.

So the plan was to have an open game where the abilities where known, but the effects were not. Similar to the jelly bean mafia where things were outed as the game went on etc. I realised pretty fucking quickly that was a very very very bad idea. I screwed the mafia from the very first day with that, then the realisation that i had completely overpowered the town in an attempt to make the game interesting for everyone. I should have taken an extra day and balanced things out, but in my haste to get started i screwed it up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

That however takes nothing away from Shiekah. OMFG. Dude. Seriously. Your banned from ever playing mafia again! He got all 3 mafia members without ever targetting one.

Jimbobs claim on day 2 killed him. Shiekahs play on day 2 (he never actually targetted dud, he just used ffxi knowledge and guessed) where he targetted moogle and charmed him for the day killed Dud. After that rez never really stood a chance.

The plan was always for the mafia to gain each others powers when they were lynched, and the original idea for geomancer was to have him pick zones for the night (Windy zones to switch targets, snow to 50/50 roleblock people, calm area for no roleblocks etc) but i didnt get chance to do that so i added it in the write ups. However, everyone either targeted shiekah or rummy (except peeps on drahkon lol) so that killed my 50/50 roleblock in Xarcabard for night 3.

I liked the roles, they just needed toning down and refining. Sorry the game wasnt balanced and my apologies to the mafia, cant say sorry enough :(

Heres the original sketch of the roles (Lost the finalised ones with my dead hdd but they are 90% there) -

@Yvonne Ninja Town

You are Lordesequiel. You are a Ninja! Your stealth means you cant be tracked or redirected at night, you have the spell Utsusemi: Ichi at your disposal, using it grants yourself a shadow. This shadow protects you from any attack from 1 person during the night.

On night 3 you unlock Utsusemi: Ni allowing you to cast a shadow on any player.

Your 1 time special ability is Mijin Gakure. You will be able to kill one person but will die in the process, day use only.

@ThePeeps Ranger Town

You are Lordesequiel. You are a ranger. During the day you may examine 1 players post. There is a 50/50 chance you will gain information regarding the truth of their post. At night you may track 1 person.

On night 3 you unlock widescan, allowing you to reverse track your target.

Your 1 time special ability is Eagle eye’d shot. Your information from the day phase will be 100% accurate. Day use only.

@MrPaul Monk Town

You are Lordesequiel. You are a Monk. You may target any player and beat them up, stopping them from carrying out their night action.

On night 3 you unlock dodge. You dodge any 1 attack that comes your way.

Your 1 time special ability is Hundred fists. You attack the last 3 people of the day phase, roleblocking them.

@Sheikah Beastmaster Town

You are Lordesequiel. You are a beastmaster. Using charm on your target will determine their alignment. If they are charmed they are town, you are allowed to send me messages to speak for them. You control their vote for the day. If they are mafia the charm will fail and you will be attacked, unable to speak for that day.

On night 3 you learn widescan. You can choose to reverse track your target.

Your 1 time special ability is “Familiar”. You can target two people instead of 1.

@Diageo Whitemage Town

You are Lordesequiel. You are a White Mage. You can cast cure on any player protecting them from certain death during the night!

On night 3 you learn the spell haste. This spell will grant your target the ability to target 2 people during the night phase.

Your 1 time special ability is “Raise”. You can cast raise on any dead player, bringing them back to life. Day use only.

@drahkon Corsair Town

You are Lordesequiel. You are a corsair. You can use random deal on any player, this will switch his ability with another player of your choice. The switch will be revealed in the write up.

On night 3 you learn silence. Your target will be silenced and unable to speak during the day.

Your 1 time special ability is “Wild Card”. This resets the special ability of a player of your choice. Day use only.

@Dedede Thief Town

You are Lordesequiel. You are a Thief. You can use the ability “Steal”. You will be able to use your targets ability on someone that night. I.E “Use Steal on Jonnas, Target Drahkon”. You cannot target a person more than once for the entire game.

On night 3 you learn trick attack. Any targets targeting you will be redirected to a player of your choice.

Your 1 time special ability is “Perfect Dodge”. It does what it says on the tin. You dodge anything during the night phase.

Moogle viper – Geo Town

You are Lordesequiel. You are a Geomancer.

Intune with the geomagnetic founts around vana'diel you can sense what your target has done for the night.

On night 3 you learn "Indi-Focus" which will illuminate your targets actions in the write up.

Your 1 time special ability allows you to put anything you like in the write up, about any player.

Magnus Peterson – DNC Town

You are Lordesequiel. You are a Dancer.

Your sexy dance floor moves entrance your target, making them unable to act for the night. They are with you, so no one else can reach them.

On night 3 you learn "Saber Dance" and "Fan Dance".

Saber dance allows your target to target two people (Can not use on self), however this leaves you vunerable to attack as you cant be protected.

Fan dance allows you to protect yourself for 1 night from anything. However you will be unable to act the next night. (Self only).

Your 1 time special ability is "/dance". Everyone is that busy dancing, the day ends early! Day use only.

Cube – BRD – town

You are Lordesequiel. You are a Bard.

Each night you sing a song and grant a target of your choice a double vote.

On Night 3 you learn "March", this allows you target to target two people.

Your 1 time special ability is "Soul Voice". The effects of your chosen song will last for 2 nights instead of 1.

@ReZourceman Shadow Lord (Dark night) Mafia

You have the ability to mask any player’s alignment causing havoc, much to your amusement. Good will be bad, bad will be good.

@Jimbob King Behemoth (Black Mage) Mafia

You can cast meteorite, your target and anyone targeting your target will be stunned and unable to act for the night.

@DuD Nidhogg (Red Mage) Mafia

You use spike flail on your target, they become disoriented and actually target a person of your choosing.

NEUTRAL –

@Rummy aspidochelone Neutral

You are a turtle. A big turtle! You can check people’s alignments, but you’re pretty slow so the result won’t show up until the new day in big red writing. If you say anyone’s name in the day you will join their team.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I added that after rez targetted himself on N1 and jimbob died that rez created a shadow for himself (as seen in the write ups) to carry out 2 night actions. He also had a double vote, which was in the write ups aswell.

Yvones tonko ichi spell was a last minute addition, but it did say protect from anything which i always meant to include his targets power as well.

I enjoyed writing the roles anyway, and if i do another il spend a little more time balancing things!

Thanks for playing everyone ^^

Edited by Esequiel

A couple of really nice concepts in the build there. You need to leave room for mafia to lie though. If everyone's actions can be accounted for right away, there is very little room to move. Couple that with strongly themed flavour that only a couple of players (and townies!) know, you have a recipe for a landslide. That said, thanks for the effort and time put into running this game! I'm sure your next one will be better for it.

I'm still not entirely sure what happened.

First day jimbob didnt read the blurb. Said he didnt target anyone but was in the write up. Claimed your role which was a blatent lie.

Second day, you were charmed by shiekah, who found out you were town because he took control of you. He claimed to have investigated Dud, even though he hadnt, forced you to back him up. Everyone jumped on it and he was right.

Third day, shiekah convinced everyone rez was mafia. Because everyone believed he had outed dud on the last day phase everyone went with it.

Decks were stacked against mafia since the opening page basically and shiekah has the power of the gods.

Yeah I was a bit of a chancer, I suspected DuD but I thought if I spent the next day silenced (and then again for whoever else) then I'd be killed before I got my info to you guys, or roleblocked beforehand or something. Plus I really wanted to make people type stuff, lol. In fairness I would have removed vote on DuD after I accused him if he had a good defence. Fortunately it seemed more and more like he was Mafia after the accusation.

Overall I really liked the effort and detail you put into the roles. I would say there were a lot of individual abilities though (especially one shot and day 3 powers like Diageo's). Oh and the writrup. But I love Final Fantasy, so I loved the theme. :)

Edited by Sheikah

Well I'd like to say that I found my own role incredibly intriguing; I didn't want to play my cards too soon, and so kinda avoided the thread so I wouldn't get drawn into discussions that'd force me to mention someone's name. The only thing I was half wondering was if my results were actually going to be twisted, so that who I thought was town/mafia was actually the opposite.

It was interesting for me at least Esequiel, sorry it didn't work out so well though!

Just reading the roles again, I wish Diageo had used his revive ability on me! Oh, actually, did he use it on himself automatically when he was killed N1?

I just protected myself on the first night. I actually forgot I had a revive ability but that would have really just pissed off the mafia if I had used it.

I saw the game playing out differently. I assumed jimbob would just say he didnt send a target, on the next night the mafia would have had 4 roles not 3..... I saw the mafia dominating till night 3 when the town would start to even it up a bit, and i thought rummy would join the mafia. I was so so so wrong lol