N-Europe

Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD-Remaster

Sheikah

What do I do? I want this and The Witcher? I don't think I can juggle two massive RPGs!

If you're in the mood for a JRPG with good turn-based combat, choose FFX.

If you're in the mood for a western RPG with an amazing open world, choose The Witcher 3.

I'd recommend the latter for now, because I suspect you'll get 150-200hours out of it.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Lord...I just tried the "dodge 200 lighting strikes in a row" sidequest.. :shakehead

How the fuck did I do that as a kid...

I got paranoia when I did this on Vita because the trophy doesn't ding automatically. I stopped myself at 536. Let's just say I'm not good at counting in the background. :heh:

Besides, the real fucker is the 0.0 seconds chocobo race. Sinful.

I got paranoia when I did this on Vita because the trophy doesn't ding automatically. I stopped myself at 536. Let's just say I'm not good at counting in the background. :heh:

Besides, the real fucker is the 0.0 seconds chocobo race. Sinful.

Did that on the PS2 easy peasy, never even tried to dodge the lightning though, I could barely go twice in a row.

My god easy peasy my ass. There is so much luck in that damn game. Them birds are unpredictable as fuck and the balloon placement changes every time. Lucky son of a gun more like. ;)

The lightning game is nothin' but methodical though, them bolts hit like clockwork. You've just got to keep up your concentration. :heh:

I didn't do the sidequest on the remake, but I remember on PS2, the lightning mini game was a whole lot easier when I turned off the sound. Like Sheikah says, it's like clockwork. The thunderstorm can confuse and having the tv on mute makes concentrasion easier.

I was on and off this over the weekend. I'm just in the airship now.

I 100% this back in the day but don't think I have the energy to do it and get the platinum. We'll see how things go. I'm still good for it at the moment as I don't think I've missed any Al Bhed Primers.

I tried the cross save feature for the first time ever and I love it. I was sitting playing the PS4 version and then the footy was starting so straight to the Vita it went. Quick as can be. Loved it.

On the PS4 version I went with the original music but I may change it to the new mix as I'm quite enjoying listening to that on the Vita version.

Is it just me or is Lulu and Auron the only decent fighters at the start of the game? Lulu's magic seems to be the go to strategy for most fights. Enemies seem to fall pretty quickly when using her. Probably due to being distracted by her rack hanging out of her dress. :D

I was on and off this over the weekend. I'm just in the airship now.

I 100% this back in the day but don't think I have the energy to do it and get the platinum. We'll see how things go. I'm still good for it at the moment as I don't think I've missed any Al Bhed Primers.

I tried the cross save feature for the first time ever and I love it. I was sitting playing the PS4 version and then the footy was starting so straight to the Vita it went. Quick as can be. Loved it.

On the PS4 version I went with the original music but I may change it to the new mix as I'm quite enjoying listening to that on the Vita version.

Is it just me or is Lulu and Auron the only decent fighters at the start of the game? Lulu's magic seems to be the go to strategy for most fights. Enemies seem to fall pretty quickly when using her. Probably due to being distracted by her rack hanging out of her dress. :D

I didn't realise this had cross save! I purchased the VITA version a few months ago but haven't started it yet. Cross save may tempt me into purchasing the PS4 version too.

• 2 weeks later...
My god easy peasy my ass. There is so much luck in that damn game. Them birds are unpredictable as fuck and the balloon placement changes every time. Lucky son of a gun more like. ;)

I've went through this hell this afternoon. I managed to get within 0.1 second of the time limit on my 4th try and then it took another hour or so of constant playing to finally nab it. I was extremely lucky as my battery was dying and I haven't got my charger with me.

• 3 weeks later...

@Sheikah I could use some post game advice.

I've finished the main game and have been slowly working my way through maxing my stats. Everything apart from Magic ( should be finished during my lunch break ) and Luck are at 255, at least on Tidus. Is there a good method fro nabbing Luck and Fortune spheres? Earth Eater has an insane amount of health, which would make grinding him a pain in the butt. :(

Also, I was wondering what armour is best suited for the Dark Aeons? So far I have Ribbon, Auto Protect and Auto Haste on Tidus but i'm not sure what to put in the final slot. Auto Phoenix maybe?

I dunno if I will have enough Dark Matter to create another 2 sets of armour with Ribbon on, so what ability should be used to replace this?

Is there a good method fro nabbing Luck and Fortune spheres? Earth Eater has an insane amount of health, which would make grinding him a pain in the butt. :(

Is it ok if I answer your questions? :p

Earth Eater is the only way to grind Fortune Spheres, sadly...fortunately you only need a luck stat of about 120. Still...this is the most annoying part in stat-maxing.

Also, I was wondering what armour is best suited for the Dark Aeons? So far I have Ribbon, Auto Protect and Auto Haste on Tidus but i'm not sure what to put in the final slot. Auto Phoenix maybe?

The best armor would be (in my experience from a couple of years ago):

Ribbon

Break HP Limit

Auto Haste

Auto Pheonix

You definitely want Ribbon...

Dark Aeons have a chance to drop armor with, Ribbon, Break HP Limit and 2 free slots, so this will be your best shot.

Defeat a Dark Aeon and if it doesn't drop the armor, reload and try again.

If you have defeated every Dark Aeon already...well...time to farm some more...

Is it ok if I answer your questions? :p

Earth Eater is the only way to grind Fortune Spheres, sadly...fortunately you only need a luck stat of about 120. Still...this is the most annoying part in stat-maxing.

The best armor would be (in my experience from a couple of years ago):

Ribbon

Break HP Limit

Auto Haste

Auto Pheonix

You definitely want Ribbon...

Dark Aeons have a chance to drop armor with, Ribbon, Break HP Limit and 2 free slots, so this will be your best shot.

Defeat a Dark Aeon and if it doesn't drop the armor, reload and try again.

If you have defeated every Dark Aeon already...well...time to farm some more...

Cheers.

Bah. I knew I would end up having to beat Earth Eater and Greater Sphere multiple times. :(

I was reading that I you can get away with just one person with the Ribbon ability. Most people on G-Faqs seem to think that the HP Break is pretty much redundant if you have Auto Protect and Auto Phoenix.

I still need Wakkas Celestial Weapon/drives from playing Blitzball but it's so slow and time consuming. 10 mins a game is far too long. It's the only one I need as well.

I was reading that I you can get away with just one person with the Ribbon ability. Most people on G-Faqs seem to think that the HP Break is pretty much redundant if you have Auto Protect and Auto Phoenix.

It's been way too long for me to remember correctly, but I think you're right.

On my PS2 version I farmed a perfect (perfect for my taste) armor for every character :laughing: I never fought Penance, though. :blank:

Yeah, unfortunately it's an annoying one, the fortune spheres (the most annoying one). You can also get 4 slot armour with ribbon and break HP limit already on it by downing Dark Aeons (particularly Dark Yojimbo). A great way to avoid farming another 99 dark matters.

I agree with your armour choices but not everyone needs Auto Phoenix (but then again, not everyone needs Ribbon, so feel free to pick and choose).

The way in which armours are described in this game reminds me of PSO... always trying to get the best four slot ones then making sure you have the right items slotted in; is it in any way similar just for that aspect of the game(s)?

I have these on the PS4, just waiting for the right time to play them. :)

The way in which armours are described in this game reminds me of PSO... always trying to get the best four slot ones then making sure you have the right items slotted in; is it in any way similar just for that aspect of the game(s)?

I have these on the PS4, just waiting for the right time to play them. :)

The armour in the game is very much a throw away experience, unless you are going for the end game stuff. I went all the way to the final fight with some shoddy bits and bobs on my characters. So while it is similar, it's not as necessary as it was on PSO. Saying that, I can't even remember how necessary it was on that game. :heh:

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a few good sessions on this over the weekend. Defeated all the Dark Aeons, killed Penance and completed Tidus' sphere grid. All that's left is to complete everyone else's sphere grids and get 200 steals with Rikku.

For the Dark Aeons I just used Zanmato on the lot of them, apart from Yojimbo. I raised my luck to 150 so I could actually hit him with Tidus and then beat him using Cheer and Quick Hit. With that done, I quickly flew to Penance and then let Yojimbo do his work. For a fee, of course. :D

• 3 months later...
Played this a lot during the weekend.

Dodged 200 lightnings, completed the butterfly races, got everything I needed from Blitzball.

Now I'm currently trying to get the Chocobo Master trophy...this fucking race. :shakehead

I feel so bad for you right now. I'll say it again - there's a special place in hell reserved for the person who designed the chocobo race.

:blank:

Well...apparently you don't need to finish the race getting the bonus from opening five chests, winning and not hitting any poles.

You can hit as many poles as you want and don't get the bonus...as long as you open five chests and win the trophy pops up.

I was trying the race just now. Remembered the best route, hit poles left and right, opened five chests and boom: I won. First try. :indeed:

Now I can focus on playing the game again :laughing: First of all I need to find the remaining Celestial Weapons and power them up, then it's time for some initial AP grinding in the Omega Ruins. Throw in some monster captures and I should be able to do the Don Tomberry trick soon (as long as I get some Triple-AP, Triple-Overdrive gear).