NEurope
Sheikah

Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD-Remaster

Couldn't find a topic on this and other remasters get their own.

I'm really looking forward to this. It just got a 'this winter' release window which I'm hoping still means this year, and not early next.

Anyway...back to Spira in lovely HD. Personally I'm holding out for the Vita versions provided they run well, seeing as my fat PS3 has seen better days and will likely be retired in the not too distant future.

Looks great, apart from the odd choice to make Tidus look pale.

FFX was one of my favourite PS2 games and one of the few games I was ever truly hyped for its release, having developed a thirst for the series by playing VI-IX in a short space of time. Looking forward to reliving the memories. :)

Orded the LE a while ago. Do we have a release date for this now?

"Winter" is still the only date we have.

Looking forward to this one. FF10 is not exactly my favourite of the series, but I do like the gameplay - the battle system in particular is actually one of the best in the series! :D

Lets just hope that they haven't tried to shoehorn Lightning into this or make any stupid changes to the gameplay, cause otherwise it looks like a fantastic HD Remaster job!

How the heck can they shoehorn Lightning into this? Unless you're joking. :p

Maybe a demo/beta included to test the next XIII game or something, but they did that with FFX originally I thought (or maybe it was a demo for FFX included with another game, I forget).

Mind you, they managed to get Lightning into XIV, but everyone knows that game exists to extort its consumer base.

How the heck can they shoehorn Lightning into this? Unless you're joking. :p

Maybe a demo/beta included to test the next XIII game or something, but they did that with FFX originally I thought (or maybe it was a demo for FFX included with another game, I forget).

Mind you, they managed to get Lightning into XIV, but everyone knows that game exists to extort its consumer base.

:p

Mind you though, you never know with them :laughing:

I never got into ten, there was something off with the tone. I really hope they do the same for twelve though, that's still my favourite FF from the last 15 years.

I would be quite happy for XII to stay where it came from if I'm being honest. That game felt so soulless/charm deficient compared to X.

I can't say X didn't have Soul, but its charm was off the mark for me. I played through it once, and only once and that was more than enough. And HD holds nothing new for me, as an emulator did quite well in that regard.

XII isn't really about the main characters. They're just plot tools to push it forward, it always seemed more about the realm and the politics to me. And well...I was interested in that, more so than Tidus and Yuna by far.

FF games are all about the characters for me. The warring kingdoms shiz in XII half put me to sleep.

What really annoyed me in XII as well was that Basche was going to be the main character, one of the few characters that could have been interesting, then they switched him out for a weedy little kid.

FF games are all about the characters for me.

:p

I'm with you @Nolan

FFXII's story was superb and I, too, loved the politics and kingdoms.

Still, FFX holds a special place in my heart :)

And I wrote all that while Tidus was laughing in the background. I'm nuts.

Basch became a character again....eventually.

At least you have a better excuse than a friend of mine. He boils it down to he quit playing at "Evil Twin Brother" Well his brother isn't necessarily evil. So that statement just annoyed me.

December 19th for Japan. So most likely not until after Christmas for us then...

I knew all the damn screen shots and tit bits of info on an extra 30min of audio was all a smokescreen so they could release it later, although not a case of 2014 like i thought, it seems like they are doing the whole release in Jap in december so we can claim we technically did release it this year :blank:

god damn i bet it will be March/April over here at the earliest

So if you like final fantasy SE have

Lightning returns in 2014

FFX/X-2 Dec 2013/2014

FFXV probably Late 2014

Kingdom Hearts coming after FFXV

what are they releasing themselves this year? nobody can call SE quick can they

I think once they said 'Winter' (which was for NA/EU as far as I'm aware) it was looking likely that it could be as late as March next year. Shame that I won't have this to play over Christmas, but ah well. Even looking at pictures of the sphere grid make me reel with nostalgia. Fucking loved the time sink of a sphere grid. Total control...was mine. FFXII tried to do something similar with the license grid but it was just a pale imitation.

Edited by Sheikah

Amazon.de says 27th of December

Probably a placeholder, but it's a weird date for a placeholder :wtf:

Unfortunately Amazon tend to put whatever they want.

The Amazon US release date says "31st December", which is their placeholder message for "we haven't a fucking clue". :p

I think once they said 'Winter' (which was for NA/EU as far as I'm aware) it was looking likely that it could be as late as March next year. Shame that I won't have this to play over Christmas, but ah well. Even looking at pictures of the sphere grid make me reel with nostalgia. Fucking loved the time sink of a sphere grid. Total control...was mine. FFXII tried to do something similar with the license grid but it was just a pale imitation.

I preferred the licence board. It had more freedom wheras the spheregrid was very restrictive until after you had beaten the game and started stat maxing.

Lightning Returns releases in mid February(which I'm looking forward to more than FFX/X-2 :p). I'm not sure we will even see FFX/X-2 in winter. My bet is on April.

I knew all the damn screen shots and tit bits of info on an extra 30min of audio was all a smokescreen so they could release it later, although not a case of 2014 like i thought, it seems like they are doing the whole release in Jap in december so we can claim we technically did release it this year :blank:

god damn i bet it will be March/April over here at the earliest

So if you like final fantasy SE have

Lightning returns in 2014

FFX/X-2 Dec 2013/2014

FFXV probably Late 2014

Kingdom Hearts coming after FFXV

what are they releasing themselves this year? nobody can call SE quick can they

FFXIV v 2.0

But I don't think anyone here plays it anyway :p

But that made no sense though. No way should Yuna be able to max strength or master a longsword from the get go - she's a summoner. Nor should Auron be able to whip out Firagas without having much 'experience' to get there. One of the worst things about XII in my opinion was that everyone was a faceless clone. They could all be made to be roughly as strong as each other at the same things. Which just made no sense. Having strengths in certain areas is what gives characters uniqueness.

Edited by Sheikah

I agree on that front. I like the license board more myself, but everyone was a basically a clone in terms of the board. It was just too small of a board.

Also of note on that subject...

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8254/poetree.png

http://liquidelectron.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/PoE2.jpg

Links to images for Path of Exile, it has some amazingly large Sphere Grids. The classes are separate though.

But that made no sense though. No way should Yuna be able to max strength or master a longsword from the get go - she's a summoner. Nor should Auron be able to whip out Firagas without having much 'experience' to get there. One of the worst things about XII in my opinion was that everyone was a faceless clone. They could all be made to be roughly as strong as each other at the same things. Which just made no sense. Having strengths in certain areas is what gives characters uniqueness.

Definitely!

Originally I was much the opinion that it was too restrictive, until I moved onto FFX-2 and FFXII. I found I preferred FFX levelling system and it seemed to make way more sense to me than any others did.

It almost reminds me of Skyrim, in the sense you have to go to A first to get to B and C, there's no jumping.

I'm hoping it'll be out on the ps3 soon, I want to re-play >.<

Had this on pre-order since I knew it existed. I played the crap out of the demo of FFX I had and went out to buy it a while later.

I played that game to death even after I finished it. Got all the legendary wepons, damage broke everyone ect. Never maxed out the sphere grid though, that would have just taken forever.

I bought X-2 as well but that wasn't nearly as good as X, still finished it though but I never really went back to grind for the hell of it like I did with FFX.