N-Europe

Senran Kagura Burst

Ike

Getting a digital only eShop release published in North America by XSEED. Contains an updated version of the first game along with the new one. Apparently there will be news about a EU release soon.

Sooo yeah, it's a thing.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly the first JPN exclusive I'd pick to localise, but lopping another significant JPN exclusive game off the list is always good news.

Though how the hell did this game get a T rating in the US!?

That trailer didn't honestly give me any kind of info on what the game is about (other than half-nude anime girls and titties).

As if people need any other reason to buy this game :laughing:

T Rating is not surprising, rating boards can be very schizophrenic. In Australia Atelier Totori on the PS3 was rated PG13+ while the Vita port was rated R18+...

I really never understand why people wanted this game to be localised. It seems to have sub par gameplay and has only reach notoriety through the copious amount of fan service that is included in the game.

I'm a bit confused about this game/series. Is this the first Senran Kagura game on the 3DS or the 2nd?

It has a updated version of the first game + the second game. It's kinda like Fire Emblem 3's Book 1 & Book 2.

• 5 months later...
Also for your reading pleasure, ONM writer slams Senran Kagura Burst and urges people not to buy it:

Senran Kagura Burst is damaging the industry, here's how to stop it

Honestly, I'm not going to have a go at him for having a different opinion to me, but I thought that article was ridiculous. Allowing Manhunt 2 on the Wii went against my morals far more than this (which doesn't at all). Heck, I thought the violence and gore in the Bayonetta 2 videos was disgusting, and completely put me off the game, but I don't see a big fuss about that.

For one thing, what is wrong with objectification? If you're going to get annoyed at this or Code of Princess, you might as well get annoyed at women going to see male strippers (or topless men portrayed as "hunky"), but most people don't because it provides enjoyment for some, and is neutral to the rest of us.

There is no excuse for being a creep - that is to say, getting a thrill from someone unwilling. It's totally and utterly wrong to spy on people or grope them, but perfectly OK to enjoy the bodies of those who want to show them off, like models. Game characters are the equivalent of models (if fact, they literally are!) And you know what, I don't even find the character designs in this game very sexy - it's more of a giggle than anything. Senran Kagura won't damage gaming. It's far more damaging to gaming if there are perfectly natural themes that it can never explore.

Honestly, I'm not going to have a go at him for having a different opinion to me, but I thought that article was ridiculous. Allowing Manhunt 2 on the Wii went against my morals far more than this (which doesn't at all). Heck, I thought the violence and gore in the Bayonetta 2 videos was disgusting, and completely put me off the game, but I don't see a big fuss about that.

For one thing, what is wrong with objectification? If you're going to get annoyed at this or Code of Princess, you might as well get annoyed at women going to see male strippers (or topless men portrayed as "hunky"), but most people don't because it provides enjoyment for some, and is neutral to the rest of us.

There is no excuse for being a creep - that is to say, getting a thrill from someone unwilling. It's totally and utterly wrong to spy on people or grope them, but perfectly OK to enjoy the bodies of those who want to show them off, like models. Game characters are the equivalent of models (if fact, they literally are!) And you know what, I don't even find the character designs in this game very sexy - it's more of a giggle than anything. Senran Kagura won't damage gaming. It's far more damaging to gaming if there are perfectly natural themes that it can never explore.

He states you don't see men stripping off in games, yet they have multiple times, going as early back (or earlier) as Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts. Bloody hell, what is wrong with the guy? I'm all for equality between men/women which is why I'm fine with girls stripping off in this game. Male strippers are popular for a reason because women like to ogle the opposite sex just as much as men. My mother and aunty often act like men are sexist and such while being blatantly sexist pigs themselves. It's just the human body, and other humans like to look at them. WHAT?! I can blow someone's head off in full HD realistic detail but it's somehow morally wrong to look at cartoon breasts...? LOL. Some people.

And telling others not to buy it and to tell others not to buy it. That's just too far. UNLESS...this is a trap? Get people to kick up a fuss over it, for advertising and get it to sell more copies, THUS ensuring more games like this get localised? Excellent.

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

• 3 weeks later...

Europe are getting a Limited edition:

SKB_LHTE_PS1-320x320.png

In the Life and Hometown Edition you get:

Senran Kagura Burst 3DS Game

A 3D Poster

An EXCLUSIVE Life and Hometown T-shirt

T-Shirt sizing:

S: 34/36, M: 38/40, L: 42/44, XL: 46/48

Limited to 500 copies for all of Europe. £49.99 not including postage.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Europe are getting a Limited edition:

SKB_LHTE_PS1-320x320.png

Limited to 500 copies for all of Europe. £49.99 not including postage.

That actually looks really nice plus just 500? Sold!

I doubt I would ever wear it but I like how the shirt isn't to public unfriendly

SKB_LHTE_PS1-320x320.png[

Unlike a certain other one.

That blog on ONM is painful. Terribly written, clearly hasn't played it, a complete lack of understanding of what feminism and objectification are. BUT, this game does look a bit fucking sleazy to me :) The "have your 3D turned on" caption certainly amplifies that sleaze...

• 2 weeks later...