Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii U General Discussion

Hero-of-Time

you obviously didn't see it. The parents have no choice as both Microsoft and Sony require a credit card to activate their subscription services, they keep these details and hidden within their T&C's is the fact that they can use these details to take payment for any other items. Then along comes FIFA with "just click here to get an extra item" and kerching.

And absolutely shame on then. Only a complete fuckwit could even try and justify that a game which already costs £40-£60 could even have an option to allow you to spend £1,500 on DLC.

I never had my card details on the 360 and they are not on the PS4 either. I just buy the voucher codes instead.

Even if the card details are on there isn't there an option to not allow any purchases without a password prompt?

yeah I figured it was probably a bit of a combination of all factors.

It's difficult to judge as there have been so few games that have released across all 3 platforms simultaneously without a downgraded version.

How well did Grand Slam Tennis and Tiger Woods 10 sell on Wii? These were two games where EA really supplied brilliant games making use of the motion technology, if these bombed then I can get 3rd parties not trying, but if these were successful then it shows 3rd parties can sell games if they don't just do a lazy port.

Not sure about grand slam but tiger Woods did well initially but the sales seriously dropped for the last two titles.

A complete lack of First Party franchises on the console that have the potential to interest 'hardcore' gamers i.e. 1080, WaveRace, Metroid, F-Zero (especially with the lack of WipeOut) wasn't going to do so.

Yeah, I definitely think this is one of the biggest things. There seems to be much more excitement now that the Wii U is getting some games with a graphical "wow" factor, like Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors. Of course, launch games never show off a console properly (even more so this time with apparent difficulties in moving to HD), but there was something about the launch/E3 2012 which made me feel Nintendo just didn't understand.

On the bright side, there's still time for a lot of these games.

Im beginning to give up hope of any 3rd star support barring exclusive partnerships. It's an insane situation to be honest, but it's looking likely. I'd really really love some honesty from Nintendo and for them to talk about it, admit it, and maybe talk about what they're going to do about it in the future! Very worrying. I have friends and family with Wii us, who are or ore than happy with just having that, but having NO 3rd party and just Nintendo.... That's hard to accept!

But anyway. I really think holding off on opinions and such is best for after e3, it'll have to be a look at the future of the console. With such devastating support, I'm beginning to wonder whether they will trickle out as little as possible and prepare for the next one!

Ubisoft won't be showing games for the Wii U at E3. Which does not mean at all that they are not making any new games for the Wii U. It just means they are not showing any right now. And it also does not mean they will not support the Wii U on other projects. It's just the stupid media Agian talking shit

Ubisoft won't be showing games for the Wii U at E3. Which does not mean at all that they are not making any new games for the Wii U. It just means they are not showing any right now. And it also does not mean they will not support the Wii U on other projects. It's just the stupid media Agian talking shit

It doesn't look does it.

Stop living in denial dude.

Wii U will get just dance and that's about it.

The fact that valiant hearts wasnt announced for Wii U should tell you exactly where ubisoft are right now.

The Wii U can handle UbiArt engine with ease but still missed out on valiant hearts.

Edited by khilafah

Would there be much difference at all in the build quality of a Japanese pro controller to that of an European one?

Because it seems that they are available for quite a bit cheaper (less than £20) in places so I'm sorely tempted to get one (my brother will need one for his Wii U) to potentially save some time/hassle in the long run.

-----------------------------------------------------

Decided to take the plunge as I found a seller on eBay apparently selling Pro controllers within the UK for £13.49... I went for three of them so I've either got a bargain or three second-rate, third-party controllers for £40. ::shrug:

For anyone else interested/tempted...

Wii U Pro Controller

I'll let you know what arrives in the post either way but I thought it was worth a shot... :indeed: you can buy them in white or black - separate auctions - and there are more than 10 available at the moment. : peace:

I'm just fed up of not being able to buy any extra pro controllers at a reasonable price, it's a ridiculous situation really. :blank:

Even if they do turn out to be genuine, just watch as Nintendo brings out some new type of controller at E3 or some special edition version that will make me wish I hadn't bought these. :heh:

Well they arrived, no Nintendo logo on them so it would seem that they are fake, plain box complete with charging lead, naturally the first thing I did was to run an anti-bacterial wipe over them just in case but they do look remarkably similar, I honestly thought they looked genuine from the auction images. ::shrug:

Anyway here's a pic of one next to my genuine controller...

rt0276.jpg

I'm curious to see if they actually work with no noticeable difference so I'm contemplating charging one up tomorrow to test it out but now that I know they aren't genuine part of me thinks I should just send them back, what do you think N-E? :hmm:

@S\.C\.G

In my opinion I think it would be daft not to try it first, seeing as it has arrived. If the analogue sticks, D-Pad and buttons are as solid as the original then I don't see the problem. The only thing might be the battery - which you could always check by unscrewing it and seeing how it compares to the original.

How well did Grand Slam Tennis and Tiger Woods 10 sell on Wii? These were two games where EA really supplied brilliant games making use of the motion technology, if these bombed then I can get 3rd parties not trying, but if these were successful then it shows 3rd parties can sell games if they don't just do a lazy port.

I agree with this. Was also surprised that Wii didn't get Grand Slam Tennis 2. I think that clearly showed EA's allegiances.

Well I tested the 'Pro' Controllers and unfortunately they just aren't anywhere near the same level of quality as the official pad despite looking almost identical so I'm arranging to have them sent back for a full refund, so instead I'm just going to pay more or less full price for two official pro controller and have done with it as it's just not worth the hassle.

@S\.C\.G

In my opinion I think it would be daft not to try it first, seeing as it has arrived. If the analogue sticks, D-Pad and buttons are as solid as the original then I don't see the problem. The only thing might be the battery - which you could always check by unscrewing it and seeing how it compares to the original.

I agree with this. Was also surprised that Wii didn't get Grand Slam Tennis 2. I think that clearly showed EA's allegiances.

EA saw madden and woods sales drop drastically on Wii and then madden and fifa bombed on Wii U. They have seen a trend that sports games are not selling to Nintendo userbase.

Don't forget that NBA 2k bombed massively also so EA and other publishers would take that into account.

Even on gamecube I remember 2k sports dropping there sports titles as they were bombing hard.

Bought myself a Wii U. I was convinced I would buy a PS4 before I bought Wii U, but I want to play Mario Kart while the online community is the most active. And I don't want to miss out on the free game promotion again. PS4 can wait until AC Unity. Anyway, bought the Wii U online, but will pick it up at the store tomorrow. 215£ plus the bus ticket back and forth. Could have saved money by sending it via mail, but the online store doesn't have it in stock until 10th of June. No games though, except for that Nintendoland that still comes with the console? Will be getting Pikmin 3 with free games promotion.

Is the pro controller included?

Bought myself a Wii U.

Is the pro controller included?

Welcome to the family! :)

Annnd no the Pro controller isn't included in the Mario Kart 8 pack as far as I'm aware, though it really should have been.

--------------------------------------

Speaking of, I've just bitten the bullet-bill and ordered three official pro controllers - one off eBay, two elsewhere - for the total sum of just over £108... it'll be worth it for when Mario Kart 8 arrives though and then Super Smash Bros later in the year. : peace:

I've just got to keep telling myself that, it was an investment as I hopefully now won't be buying another controller... ever, or for at least a good few years. :indeed:

And those fake pro controllers will be shipped straight back to the seller just as soon as they supply me with the shipping address, probably after the Bank Holiday.

It is... but then personally I'll only be using the pro controller for MK8.

Call any local HMV's you may have about the availability of the pro controllers, they're currently £25 right now. It's a shame these knock offs aren't too good, they definitely look like the genuine article..

I bought my pro controller as I'm no doubt going to want to do some local multiplayer and take breaks from using the gamepad. £25 wasn't a bad price, though I'm going to be slightly embarrassed if Tesco cancels my order haha (the John Lewis fiasco has definitely left me cautious)

Call any local HMV's you may have about the availability of the pro controllers, they're currently £25 right now. It's a shame these knock offs aren't too good, they definitely look like the genuine article..

I bought my pro controller as I'm no doubt going to want to do some local multiplayer and take breaks from using the gamepad. £25 wasn't a bad price, though I'm going to be slightly embarrassed if Tesco cancels my order haha (the John Lewis fiasco has definitely left me cautious)

I'm tempted to snap one up. Tempted to go into town/meadowhall today to see if there any still available.

How long is the gamepad supposed to charge the first time around? The manual seems to be in Portugese, Spanish and Italian and a small quick start guide in Swedish. Nintendo being lazy with languages again I see.

edit: Lol, after reading the manual to NintendoLand, the game box and checking the Wii U box, I don't think it was intended to be sold in Norway :p Everything is in what I think is Spanish, Portugese and Italian.

Picked up Pikmin 3 as well. I said earlier I would use the free game promotion to get it, but after reading the post of another user who I can't remember was, I agree that buying the game I really want, and use the free game promotion to get a game I'm on the fence about, sounds like a better idea. Probably Monster Hunter, Lego City or Wind Waker.

So I just read I can transfer all my VC content from Wii to Wii U. Any limitations that I should know of? It's probably not all downloaded on the Wii, so can I redownload them? Is there a time limit? If not I'll do it some other time. Don't even know where the Wii is :p

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

So I just read I can transfer all my VC content from Wii to Wii U. Any limitations that I should know of? It's probably not all downloaded on the Wii, so can I redownload them? Is there a time limit? If not I'll do it some other time. Don't even know where the Wii is :p

There's no time limit so do it whenever you want. It's a bit easier if you can have them on 2 TVs. :p

The only limitations I recall is Lostwinds didn't transfer but they fixes it recently.

Backup save files on a SD card first.

The only limitations I recall is Lostwinds didn't transfer but they fixes it recently.

Excellent news.

The transfer process is pretty slow but I had no problems. In hindsight, it might have been quicker to delete the game file from the Wii first and then redownload it after the transfer.