NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

My 3DS has seriously been sapping my life. In addition to life seriously sapping my life too. I do indeed have Need for Speed, I noticed a few of your pics in the miiverse...got me tempted to bust that out at some point and set some new times! ;)

I was on Miiverse last night and seen Aaron post his time that beat Flinkys. I like the friendly competition you guys have got going on it. :D

Monster Hunter Frontier G. The online game for those who don't know.

Info:

- due out Dec. 11th

- free download on Nintendo eShop

- retail “Beginner’s Package” will be available for 6,090 yen

- plays the same as 360/PC versions, but is hosted on different servers

- monthly fee is 1,600 yen per month

- there will be a free test period

- includes Off-TV play

- suppots Wii U Pro Controller, but not with the Wii Nunchuk

- Wii U Beginner’s Pack will include the following weapons and armor: Adonis Lapis, Melgai Desolph, Noctabult, Berona Massa, Genea Regilng, Genea Dore, and Amiro Series

Too bad I'm not into this series. Also, it feels like this one will be Japan only.

Monster Hunter Frontier G. The online game for those who don't know.

Info:

- due out Dec. 11th

- free download on Nintendo eShop

- retail “Beginner’s Package” will be available for 6,090 yen

- plays the same as 360/PC versions, but is hosted on different servers

- monthly fee is 1,600 yen per month

- there will be a free test period

- includes Off-TV play

- suppots Wii U Pro Controller, but not with the Wii Nunchuk

- Wii U Beginner’s Pack will include the following weapons and armor: Adonis Lapis, Melgai Desolph, Noctabult, Berona Massa, Genea Regilng, Genea Dore, and Amiro Series

Too bad I'm not into this series. Also, it feels like this one will be Japan only.

Yeah, I think it's hitting the 360 and PS3 as well. None of the Frontier games have made it to the West, so it's highly unlikely that this will be an different. It's a shame as I would soooooo play this version.

My 3DS has seriously been sapping my life. In addition to life seriously sapping my life too. I do indeed have Need for Speed, I noticed a few of your pics in the miiverse...got me tempted to bust that out at some point and set some new times! ;)

Get back on it, brah. We need to sort out some races.

I was on Miiverse last night and seen Aaron post his time that beat Flinkys. I like the friendly competition you guys have got going on it. :D

I genuinely laughed, cried, smiled and was gutted at the same time.

I had been trying for aaaaages to win that race. Somehow, I kept fucking up. I'd literally crashed in front of a truck right ON the finish line or when it was in sight, or I'd get overtaken. Somehow, I managed to win the race and then I set a new God time. I somehow jumped up half a dozen places on that leaderboard.

"I AM A GOD!" I thought. You know that scene in Castaway where Tom Hanks creates fire? That's how I felt.

Then, @D_prOdigy came and shattered my dreams.

Then, @D_prOdigy came and shattered my dreams.

That's actually written in his contract. Sorry bro.

Miiverse is immense. Would have been even cooler to have had it launch on the 3DS at the same time as Animal Crossing.

Whenever I post AC images on my Facebook wall I get asked by people what the hell it is and NO likes!?

On Miiverse they'd be totally digging my kiwi tank, dragon leggings combo whilst talking to a gym-rat Buffallo calling me sugar bro!

Only on Nintendo!

Edited by tapedeck

Nintendo seriously need to let us tag people too, those high scores would work even better!

ACWKO.gif

Laughed so hard. :D

Miiverse is immense. Would have been even cooler to have had it launch on the 3DS at the same time as Animal Crossing.

Whenever I post AC images on my Facebook wall I get asked by people what the hell it is and NO likes!?

On Miiverse they'd be totally digging my kiwi tank, dragon leggings combo whilst talking to a gym-rat Buffallo calling me sugar bro!

Only on Nintendo!

Yeah, Miiverse on 3DS would have been unreal. Imagine all the images for stuff like 3DLand, Kid Icarus and Mario Kart.

Nintendo seriously need to let us tag people too, those high scores would work even better!

Yeah, that seems like the next thing to do. It would also make meeting up for matches and games and stuff a lot easier, surely?

Looks like Morrisons have dropped the Wii U too. Asda tried to justify it by stating that the price cut they had recently had an increase of 250 units country wide over the previous week.

I'll say it again. Price cuts are great, but it won't make a damned bit of difference if you don't notify people that the price is cut. People online only found out because they track these things, so how the hell would the general populace find out, other than dumbluck?

I thought these places had to actually stock the product before they dropped it? I've not seen the Wii U anywhere - other than GAME.

And I'm sure they'll be clamouring to sell it again later in the year / next year once Mario World and Mario Kart drop.

Looks like Morrisons have dropped the Wii U too. Asda tried to justify it by stating that the price cut they had recently had an increase of 250 units country wide over the previous week.

I'll say it again. Price cuts are great, but it won't make a damned bit of difference if you don't notify people that the price is cut. People online only found out because they track these things, so how the hell would the general populace find out, other than dumbluck?

People do know. Once the details get on something like hotdeals then it spreads like wildfire. That site is used by thousands and thousands of people and its why you see deals end so quick once its been put on there.

The price drops have had very little impact as people are just not interested in the product. Its not the first product to happen to and wont be the last.

If more and more retailers start to drop the console then its well and truly over as without retailers there is nothing you can do.

People lack interest because they don't know the bloody thing exists. Nintendo needs to sort the marketing out.

Retailers dropped the 3DS too, you know, even supermarkets. It wasn't widely reported, but it happened

People lack interest because they don't know the bloody thing exists. Nintendo needs to sort the marketing out.

Retailers dropped the 3DS too, you know, even supermarkets. It wasn't widely reported, but it happened

Possibly but as I said sometimes products just dont resonate with consumers.

Look at the MS surface Tablets. They spent about $900 mil marketing those things and still nobody gives a damn. I dont think more marketing is the suddenly going to change things.

Sometimes the price and marketing isnt the problem but the product is.

Possibly but as I said sometimes products just dont resonate with consumers.

Look at the MS surface Tablets. They spent about $900 mil marketing those things and still nobody gives a damn. I dont think more marketing is the suddenly going to change things.

Sometimes the price and marketing isnt the problem but the product is.

This, sadly, is the truth. The Wii flew off the shelves and was I such high demand as it was simple, effective and clear to see how games were to be played.

The WiiU simply is not this. It's pad looks like the most complicated controller yet and in no way does it demonstrate how games can be played/improved upon clearly enough. It's a confusing mish-mash of input methods and that's the reason it doesn't resonate with the masses.

There's still not one single game that makes you think "Ah, this is what makes the screen so beneficial" without having hands-on time with it.

It's a confusing mish-mash of input methods and that's the reason it doesn't resonate with the masses.

There's still not one single game that makes you think "Ah, this is what makes the screen so beneficial" without having hands-on time with it.

And yet 3:07 to 4:21 in the following video shows casuals the value of the controller IMHO. Clearly just promote that it's a NEW! Wii and surely that would do. :shrug:

Better than they pew pew pew Nintendoland WTF was that UK ads...

Edited by Retro_Link
youtube video

Have Nintendo put any board games for the Gamepad up on the eShop?

I know the above is just a demo video... but some games like the Drafts like one they show would be nice little additions.

I like the tilting of the Gamepad making the pieces fall off to start a new game :p don't imagine a crappy indie Drafts game would bother with a little thing like that.

ALSO... I WANT WII SPORTS DAMMIT!!!

Well Nintendo haven't, but they've encouraged developers to. Did they not say that they've had thousands of developers sign up to use the Nintendo Web Framework to get App like software out onto the eShop?

Well Nintendo haven't, but they've encouraged developers to. Did they not say that they've had thousands of developers sign up to use the Nintendo Web Framework to get App like software out onto the eShop?

It's good they've told others to, but Nintendo need to lead by example. Developers will try to emulate what Nintendo do if they can see that it works. If they've got no idea if the stuff will sell and if Nintendo themselves don't do anything creative there, it's not really sending out the right signals.

Crazy stuff. Whats even worse is retailers are jumping ship just as the games are starting to arrive. Nintendo are going to advertise stuff but the people who do take an interest aren't going to be able to find the thing!

Nintendo are to blame though. They ran into a bunch of problems that many people seen coming a mile off ( HD development problems, pricing, product confusion ) and by the time Pikmin 3 arrived the consoles had been sitting on retailers shelves gathering dust.

With the other consoles still selling and 2 new ones arriving soon something had to give and unfortunately it's the Wii U.

This simply fact is that if it was selling then this wouldn't have happened.

I can't help but notice the irony that once again Nintendo are going to be relying on The Wind Waker to spur up sales of a dying console.

How well did Ocarina of Time 3D sell btw? Just wondering what kind of sales to expect from the WW HD...

I'll blow a gasket if the Wind Waker HD outsells something like Pikmin or 101. Never been a fan of it.