NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

If Nintendo wants to antagonise the internet they should just fully fund Shenmue 3. The internet would explode.

This.

Or... put Retro Studios in charge of making a Wii U exclusive GTA-title based on the GTA 5 engine... only set in Vice City. And it has to have an 80's radio station. And the main character should be voiced by Don Johnson. And look like him. Or they could make a GTA-beater based on the Miami Vice license, with the whole original cast.

Then Miyamoto-san could run around Sonys booth next E3 and go:

tumblr_lo5hz9nF1X1qfjej5o1_400.gif

Edited by Hogge

God, I'd not want Retro's talent wasted on a driving sim! God no!

God, I'd not want Retro's talent wasted on a driving sim! God no!

GTA isn't a driving sim :confused:

Plus, their talent is even more wasted now that they're doing Donkey Kong Country games.

I wouldnt play MH with @Hero\-of\-Time he has had more faints than I have had chippy tea!!!

Yeah, i'll be getting it on the Wii U too. I had quite a few laughs with Kav & Company with Black Ops 2

Why does Kav get special mention? Thats hurtful..

1366352331072.gif

GTA isn't a driving sim :confused:

Plus, their talent is even more wasted now that they're doing Donkey Kong Country games.

Hahaha, I read it as GT (Gran Tourismo)... don't know how I missed the A! What a dumbass! Haha

I wouldnt play MH with @Hero\-of\-Time he has had more faints than I have had chippy tea!!!

I was lucky to have such a strong hunter as yourself to cook the meat mid battle for me. :D

Why does Kav get special mention? Thats hurtful..

1366352331072.gif

Because I played with Kav the most. I also wasn't ready to publicly admit my love for you but now you've forced my hand. Lostmario...I....

Well now I feel awkward and upset :(

You know I still love you, Mokong. There's a certain bond you have with a guy after hunting a Jho in your underwear. :D

Here's some bad news. Although the timing of this questionable.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/asda-has-dropped-the-wii-u-from-all-uk-stores/0119309

And so it begins. Cant say I’m surprised. When a product is selling so poorly what incentive is there for the retailer to carry stock. Once PS4/Xbox One hits something is going to have to give as there is only so much shelf space available. 360/PS3/3DS are going strong. The Vita will still get some due to the PS4 but the Wii U could get shelved or you will find tiny little corners on wii u stock.

Since launch the Wii u presence on the high street has been a bit of a joke and somehow it could get even worse.

Here's some bad news. Although the timing of this questionable.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/asda-has-dropped-the-wii-u-from-all-uk-stores/0119309

The Wii U has struggled since launch when it has come to it's supermarket presence and this is just another blow to the console. It's not a shock when you consider how little it has been selling and just how few high profile games have been released on it since launch.

I've just read the thread on Gaf about this news and someone posted this.

i0zThUb6h24Dc.gif

Hilarious. :bowdown:

The Wii U has struggled since launch when it has come to it's supermarket presence and this is just another blow to the console. It's not a shock when you consider how little it has been selling and just how few high profile games have been released on it since launch.

I've just read the thread on Gaf about this news and someone posted this.

i0zThUb6h24Dc.gif

Hilarious. :bowdown:

lol thats funny. I expect some more gifs on wednesday when the financials come out. The Wii U numbers from nintendo are going to be horrific.

I've been to three Asda stores and admittedly they didn't have any Wii U consoles in stock. In fact the last time I went there (1/2 months ago) the Wii U only had a few games on a single row of one shelf in the Wii area and that's it.

Incidentally, they've also removed most 3DS bits from sale too, despite the 3DS selling well

Surely to stop stocking something, they'd have had to have done in the first place.

No Asda I have been at has ever had any Wii U stock whatsoever in the last 8 months.

It's been pretty much the same up here. No ASDA I've been in has had either the basic or premium consoles or any games. I did, however, see that my local was selling the Pro Controller for the Wii U but that was it! Don't quite understand that one myself.

It's GCN in fast forward it seems. It's just like when Argos publically dropped the GCN from their catalogue.

Even despite the fact that they gave very little shelf space to begin with, it's the kind of message that is the last thing Nintendo needs to see right now :(

I would understand this a few months ago, but now? I think that the turnaround has only just begun. Just wait for Sonic Lost World, Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World and watch those titles as they steadily begin to shift consoles.

One of the biggest ASDA stores in North Wales have had a pretty decent Wii U display since launch, but earlier this month it looked like this :-

BOrx-15CMAAnBYD.jpg:large

I will miss that red sign which said "Wii U games cannot be played on Wii consoles". :heh:

The other two ASDA I frequent, are smaller stores and have never stocked Wii U products, although a number of Wii U headsets have appeared in one of them for some reason ::shrug:

Also, the two HMV stores I visit, looked like they were dropping the Wii U back in April/May, but the shelf space has actually increased recently.

Edited by welsh_gamer

It's GCN in fast forward it seems. It's just like when Argos publically dropped the GCN from their catalogue.

Even despite the fact that they gave very little shelf space to begin with, it's the kind of message that is the last thing Nintendo needs to see right now :(

Its GC all over again but its happening so much quicker. We are not even 9 months in the consoles life and retailer confidence in the paltform is rock bottom.

I would understand this a few months ago, but now? I think that the turnaround has only just begun. Just wait for Sonic Lost World, Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World and watch those titles as they steadily begin to shift consoles.

I suspect the decision was made a while ago and it's taken a while for it to be implemented.

Pretty terrible news. Talk about a vote of no confidence. Retail is becoming less and less important...but the lack of in-store presence is going to be another hurdle for Nintendo.

I suspect the decision was made a while ago and it's taken a while for it to be implemented.

Pretty terrible news. Talk about a vote of no confidence. Retail is becoming less and less important...but the lack of in-store presence is going to be another hurdle for Nintendo.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/nintendo-moves-to-calm-wii-u-fears-as-unofficial-price-cuts-fail/0112855

That was back in March. Things clearly havent improved much since then.

Update: The grocer has issued an statement to CVG, following the publication of this article, which reads:

"Asda will stock [Wii U] games on a title by title merit basis as they come along through Asda Direct. We will continue to support Nintendo as a format holder partner.

Edited by liger05

Its GC all over again but its happening so much quicker. We are not even 9 months in the consoles life and retailer confidence in the paltform is rock bottom.

Hey! If we're already up to 2003, maybe we'll skip straight to 2006 by early next year ;)

Grocery giant Asda dropped Wii U from its shelves in order to support more successful consoles, including 3DS.

The supermarket firm called MCV to say that, contrary to reports, it had never stocked Wii U in its 555 stores, and in fact the console was only available in around 100 outlets.

It also firmly denied that it was dropping 3DS, and has in fact increased its support for the handheld.

The company's games boss told us that Wii U will continue to play a part in its online offering, despite being currently unavailable. The machine is temporarily unavailable on Asda Direct because of a £100 price cut, which has caused the console to sell out, he says.

It's still a blow to Wii U. But Asda has reiterated its support for Nintendo and hopes sales will improve, although has no plans to stock Wii U again this year.

3DS current online unavailability is also due to a recent price promotion, the supermarket claims.

Asda added that consumers can still order Wii U online and pick it up in store via the firm's Click and Collect service.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/asda-we-still-support-nintendo-despite-wii-u-drop/0119311