NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Not the first time Namco pulled this bullshit. Remember when Soul Calibur III was PS2-exclusive for no reason whatsoever?

EDIT: After reading the news more carefully, it seems this is entirely based on the PS2 version (so, Heihachi for both PS3 and X360). It's possible that they might just consider a Link version of the game as a future release for Wii U.

Edited by Jonnas

Soul Calibur II HD not confirmed for Wii U.

what a mess.

It's fucking bollocks! SC2 is my favourite SC game and one of the very few traditional fighting games I actually really like! :cry:

Yeah, yeah, I can get it on either of the other two consoles I own, but I can't play it with my favourite character (Link) unless it's on Wii U :( (That's not to say that I don't love the game regardless, or that Cervantes or Yoshimitsu don't kick arse on their own - but man it's such a kick in the balls to have that big gaping hole in the character roster :( )

Nintendo really should think about moneyhatting Wii U ports of SC2 and TOS HD. Those games mean a lot to their audience!

Not the first time Namco pulled this bullshit. Remember when Soul Calibur III was PS2-exclusive for no reason whatsoever?

EDIT: After reading the news more carefully, it seems this is entirely based on the PS2 version (so, Heihachi for both PS3 and X360). It's possible that they might just consider a Link version of the game as a future release for Wii U.

Makes sense. Namco would have to pay to licence Spawn if they wanted him on the 360 version and nobody liked him anyway (Namco own Necrid though, so there's no issue there)

Edited by Dcubed

Nintendo should use their warchest to moneyhat CoD into being Wii U exclusive.

That'd sell consoles, and tick the Internet off beautifully

Edited by Serebii

Tekken Tag obviously bombed hard so Namco see no value in a wii u release. It sux but one of the reasons I Won't purchase a wii u arcade stick is simply cos I don't expect beat em ups to be released.

It is a shame though. I loved SC2.

Also TTT2 is an amazing beat em up. The online is dire though as its difficult to find a fight as no one hardly bought it.

Nintendo really should think about moneyhatting Wii U ports of SC2 and TOS HD. Those games mean a lot to their audience!

This may well be right. Publishers feel they dont need the wii u to make money as they have the ps3/360 audiences to work with. Its up to nintendo to negotiate the same releases on the wii u as just hoping for ports to be released isn't working.

That is a shame. I've never really been into fighters - but I remember playing that game and being absolutely blown away by it. Would have loved to play it on Wii U.

Oh hell yeah!

soulcalibur.gif

lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1662.gif

I've just performed my Wii to Wii U system transfer. All of my data is in one place. My Wii and Wii U...are one. Why does it remind me of the ending of the fly where Brundle Fly wants to merge himself and his woman (and their unborn child) into one entity?

Anyway, the transfer sequence is fantastic. I have to say brahs, there were almost tears. Of sadness. Such a long journey that I've had with my Wii. But, it's memory lives on. I still have games to finish. Xenoblade being one of many.

Nintendo should use their warchest to moneyhat CoD into being Wii U exclusive.

That'd sell consoles, and tick the Internet off beautifully

If Nintendo wants to antagonise the internet they should just fully fund Shenmue 3. The internet would explode.

How's about some good news?

COD Ghosts has finally gotten officially announced for Wii U.

Call of Duty: Ghosts – Featuring an all-new world, story, characters and experiences, all powered by a new engine, Call of Duty: Ghosts is a stunning leap forward for the blockbuster franchise. For the first time in Call of Duty, gamers play as the underdog, fighting as part of a single squad against an enemy that has superior numbers and firepower. Call of Duty: Ghosts’ genre-defining multiplayer delivers gameplay innovations throughout, including dynamic map events, character customization and other features yet-to-be-announced. The title includes Wii Remote and second-screen Wii U™ GamePad support and more. Call of Duty: Ghosts is scheduled for release on November 5, on Wii U and is not yet rated by the ESRB.

Why on earth Nintendo waited so long to announce it, I have no idea. God knows why they'd want people to think that it's not coming and despair even more over the 3rd party situation, but there you go :indeed:

How's about some good news?

COD Ghosts has finally gotten officially announced for Wii U.

Why on earth Nintendo waited so long to announce it, I have no idea. God knows why they'd want people to think that it's not coming and despair even more over the 3rd party situation, but there you go :indeed:

Stands to reason that Microsoft may have had something to do with that

Why? Every other non MS platform was confirmed time ago.

Because Microsoft was said to be moneyhatting publishers at E3 in order to showcase Xbox One versions, I wouldn't put it past them

I wouldn't think so because....

This.

If they were to do somthing like that then it stands to reason that the PS4 version would have been the target, not the Wii U.

It probably had more to do with it being handled by a different studio rather than the tin foil hat theory.

not sure if I will get COD but if I do, I wont be making the same mistake in getting the Wii U version.

Pretty much likely there will be no DLC again so that = no buy!

I am getting COD for one reason only:

To game with my pals on here

It's a shame it won't have the dlc. But £13 for a few maps? Wouldn't buy it anyway

Was re-watching the Smash Bros. trailer and linked my way to the only Nintendo World Store reaction video I've seen.

Multiple reactions to the Mega Man reveal at once.

Was re-watching the Smash Bros. trailer and linked my way to the only Nintendo World Store reaction video I've seen.

Multiple reactions to the Mega Man reveal at once.

Those reactions are awesome.

Even though I don't "get" all of this new found MegaMan love. He's always seemed pretty lame to me.::shrug:

I wouldn't think so because....

This.

If they were to do somthing like that then it stands to reason that the PS4 version would have been the target, not the Wii U.

It probably had more to do with it being handled by a different studio rather than the tin foil hat theory.

Perhaps because everyone knows it would be on PS4, whereas Wii U is a bit more of a wild card?

#wildspeculation

Perhaps because everyone knows it would be on PS4, whereas Wii U is a bit more of a wild card?

#wildspeculation

No9man.png

:D

I am getting COD for one reason only:

To game with my pals on here

Some lonely nights on COD for you then Bladey boy, waahheeeyy! ;)

Agreed though, after last year and disgracing myself by going on opposite teams and taking down other N-E players (and getting told off) I feel I need to redeem my name (or three names...)

Some lonely nights on COD for you then Bladey boy, waahheeeyy! ;)

Agreed though, after last year and disgracing myself by going on opposite teams and taking down other N-E players (and getting told off) I feel I need to redeem my name (or three names...)

Haha. That happened a few times with me as well.

Yeah, i'll be getting it on the Wii U too. I had quite a few laughs with Kav & Company with Black Ops 2, which I picked up again last week. I'll get ready to annoy more randoms with my shotgun.

*cocks shotgun*

Haha. That happened a few times with me as well.

Yeah, i'll be getting it on the Wii U too. I had quite a few laughs with Kav & Company with Black Ops 2, which I picked up again last week. I'll get ready to annoy more randoms with my shotgun.

*cocks shotgun*

Haha I remember sending you a few Miiverse messages apologising for it... or more accurately I think I was asking you not to kill me so much!! :D

Was great fun though, and after Monster Hunting with a few of you (only yourself once though I think Hero :( ) be well up for this!