NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

If Nintendo want the system to have a chance to be a big seller, then it probably needs more than a price drop - it needs a relaunch. It's needs a competitive price, decent marketing (like the Wii adverts) and it needs to be bundled with something people want to play - NSMBU would be a better choice than Nintendo Land.

However all the talk that the Wii U is dead is nonsense. As long as Nintendo is in profit they will carry on. Nintendo is not in the same position Sega were with the Dreamcast, they have huge cash reserves and the 3DS is the biggest selling console at the moment. The Wii U certainly won't repeat the success of the Wii, but it also won't be the death of Nintendo.

I see that the awesome mods on this forum have now managed to scare away nearly everyone who posted anything positive about the Wii U or Nintendo in order to please the cry babies who felt this thread was 'too intimidating'. Nice one. So whilst it's taboo to defend Nintendo or say anything positive about the Wii U, there's people on the boards literally revelling in the demise of Nintendo as a home console manufacturer.

I see that the awesome mods on this forum have now managed to scare away nearly everyone who posted anything positive about the Wii U or Nintendo in order to please the cry babies who felt this thread was 'too intimidating'. Nice one. So whilst it's taboo to defend Nintendo or say anything positive about the Wii U, there's people on the boards literally revelling in the demise of Nintendo as a home console manufacturer.

That's not true at all. For the sake of this thread, and this forum, try to refrain from making comments like this. If you have a problem, you can PM a Mod or Admin and we'll sort it out from there. Let us not derail this thread, again.

Anyway, I'm loving the Wii U and am going to shower up before trying Pikmin 3 for the first time. :D

I was genuinely bricking it when I saw the word "tags"...not hash tags, right? I fucking hate THEM.

Correct, not hashtags

Just notes saying if it's a question, an accomplishment etc

Saw Accomplishment on it earlier, was wondering wtf was going on

Correct, not hashtags

Just notes saying if it's a question, an accomplishment etc

Saw Accomplishment on it earlier, was wondering wtf was going on

It will definitely come in handy when you are looking for help in a game. The Miiverse moves so fast that sometimes your posts tend to get lost. This is a very welcomed addition and I'm quite happy how the service is evolving.

I've been surprised with Miiverse. I had no idea what to expect with it and thought it would be a bit lame. I'm moving it though! Posting your photos on there is pretty addictive and generally it's a very friendly place. Surely it's a sign that Nintendo know a bit more about what they're doing online? Adding friends on there is easy, as it contacting people, writing messages to them, etc. I only wish that we had something like that on the Wii years ago.

I've been surprised with Miiverse. I had no idea what to expect with it and thought it would be a bit lame. I'm moving it though! Posting your photos on there is pretty addictive and generally it's a very friendly place. Surely it's a sign that Nintendo know a bit more about what they're doing online? Adding friends on there is easy, as it contacting people, writing messages to them, etc. I only wish that we had something like that on the Wii years ago.

have you got into doing pictures and doodling on it yet? its unbelievable addictive to do! MiiVerse is freaking awesome

@Zechs Merquise: If you feel the thread is too negative, feel free to be one of those who brings a more positive outlook. But do it without disrespecting the other side of the debate, nor the mods who have made an effort to calm things down.

Speaking as a member of the community, of course.

I agree with Jonnas. Some of us feel negatively and some positively about the Wii U, and that's fine. However, what is bollocks is saying / implying that other people are wrong / stupid simply because of their differing opinion, be it negative or positive.

Anyway, to the actual topic. Nintendo has trademarked Eternal Darkness again, might be a downloadable title?

Meanwhile, Nintendo did something with Eternal Darkness. A new trademark for the horror game was registered in the United States. The key difference in this trademark is it includes "downloadable electronic game programs" and "downloadable electronic game software." Perhaps, Nintendo is covering their bases just in case they want to release a Virtual Console version for Wii U someday.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/29/nintendo-registers-new-trademark-for-eternal-darkness-covers-digital-distribution/

Anyway, to the actual topic. Nintendo has trademarked Eternal Darkness again, might be a downloadable title?

That's the only way we're going to play Eternal Darkness on a Nintendo system. I would kill for a sequel or a prequel or just something. :(

If Nintendo want the system to have a chance to be a big seller, then it probably needs more than a price drop - it needs a relaunch. It's needs a competitive price, decent marketing (like the Wii adverts) and it needs to be bundled with something people want to play - NSMBU would be a better choice than Nintendo Land.

This is a good idea for a separate thread with everyone giving their thoughts on how they would turn the Wii U around.

why do people think the Wii U is a add on for the Wii Sony made a PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4 and people buy it don't people have Internet to find info about the Wii U

This is something Sony always get right with the naming of their consoles, by being simple and just adding the next number to their console.

Playstation 4 is clearly the successor to the Playstation 3. They won't have to waste time pointing this out in adverts like Nintendo have to as its right there in the name.

If the Wii U had been called the Wii 2, there would have been no confusion on whether it was a new console or just a new accessory for the Wii.

Nintendo tried to be clever with the name and it failed miserably.

They had a similar issue with the 3DS at launch with people thinking it was just another iteration of the DS but with 3D capability.

So does that mean that you can play Nintendo games on a PC or just buy them for your catalogue or what?

So does that mean that you can play Nintendo games on a PC or just buy them for your catalogue or what?
I imagine it's Nintendo's answer to the online Playstation Store for example... https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/home/main so you'll be able to buy games, demo's, top up store credit in a far more accessible way. Hopefully start the downloads maybe, I don't know how much they'll sync it up.

I imagine it's Nintendo's answer to the online Playstation Store for example... https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/home/main so you'll be able to buy games, demo's, top up store credit in a far more accessible way. Hopefully start the downloads maybe, I don't know how much they'll sync it up.

Well downloads are automatic now, and even begin in Standby mode. So say you're at a friends, playing Pikmin which he has. You think "Damn, this game is good. I want it". Log onto the eShop on your mobile, purchase it. By the time you're home, it'll be downloaded :)

'strict account management'? I guess this means accounts still stuck to the Hardware which sux.

That's a bit of a jump

What I dont understand is that they are able to push the 3DS very well. I see it advertised all the time. Yet with the Wii U it appears that they dont have a chuffing clue!

A price cut as suggested is needed.

This imo! I saw the adverts for MH3 numerous times but...it was for MH3 on 3DS with NO mention of Wii U. Not even as basic as a 'Also on Wii U' line right at the end. Fucking mad if you ask me. Pay for that advertising and not even spare 2 seconds to mention the Wii U too.

That's a bit of a jump

And is that possibly a bit of irony?

Anyhow I dug my Wii U(well...turned it on) for apparently the first time in almost a month today! Not got much out of it since May, but decided to fire it up for Pikmin 3. Forgot how nice/good the system looks sometimes, and also how awesome Miiverse is. It was a bit of annoying that I spent about 10-20 minutes on updates(went online to d/l DK, had to update...and THEN pikmin wanted to update too), not to mention I think MS had a hand in their download estimations given than under 1 minute took at least 5 minutes!

But yeah, it's nice to fire it up again, Pikmin's lovely and I see FLink's posting some N4S times...it tempts me so.

This imo! I saw the adverts for MH3 numerous times but...it was for MH3 on 3DS with NO mention of Wii U. Not even as basic as a 'Also on Wii U' line right at the end. Fucking mad if you ask me. Pay for that advertising and not even spare 2 seconds to mention the Wii U too.

And is that possibly a bit of irony?

Anyhow I dug my Wii U(well...turned it on) for apparently the first time in almost a month today! Not got much out of it since May, but decided to fire it up for Pikmin 3. Forgot how nice/good the system looks sometimes, and also how awesome Miiverse is. It was a bit of annoying that I spent about 10-20 minutes on updates(went online to d/l DK, had to update...and THEN pikmin wanted to update too), not to mention I think MS had a hand in their download estimations given than under 1 minute took at least 5 minutes!

But yeah, it's nice to fire it up again, Pikmin's lovely and I see FLink's posting some N4S times...it tempts me so.

You had to dig yours up? I have to be told to get off mine. My perception of the system has changed and I'm happy I've got one. Have you got Need for Speed? If not, get it, brah. It's fun. :D

The updates are a pain, though. I miss the old days where you just put the game in and played. Wii had better loading times, I think?

I saw those too. Like wtf were they thinking, advertising the 3DS version only? Pure insanity...

Yeah, I'm very surprised and very pleased that Nintendo are updating miiverse as frequently and usefully as they are.

Now they just need to add a GAME INVITE tag, and let us have on screen notifications for tags we want, so we can, in affect, invite people to games.

Just a heads up. Nintendo sales figures have started to trickle out this morning and would just like to remind everyone to use the dedicated thread for sales banter HERE rather that this one.

You had to dig yours up? I have to be told to get off mine. My perception of the system has changed and I'm happy I've got one. Have you got Need for Speed? If not, get it, brah. It's fun. :D

The updates are a pain, though. I miss the old days where you just put the game in and played. Wii had better loading times, I think?

My 3DS has seriously been sapping my life. In addition to life seriously sapping my life too. I do indeed have Need for Speed, I noticed a few of your pics in the miiverse...got me tempted to bust that out at some point and set some new times! ;)