NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

No ZombiU either, I never played it but I heard it was well received.

That's another one that didn't sit right with me. I just couldn't get into it and the whole thing felt very janky at times.

They need to get Tank!Tank!Tank! on that list. Cracking little game. Someone else on here loved it as well. Was it you @londragon?

EDIT: Just found the thread. Yeah, it was you. :D

They need to get Tank!Tank!Tank! on that list. Cracking little game. Someone else on here loved it as well. Was it you @londragon?

EDIT: Just found the thread. Yeah, it was you. :D

There's no hiding, it was me. And still to this day, it gets played in 2-player co-op mode, less so recently thanks to Minecraft being released on the Wii U, but Tank Tank Tank! is the most played co-op game on my Wii U. I would think as a single player experience it would get tiresome a lot quicker, but there's nothing quite like sitting down with your offspring, and blasting giant mechanical destroyers in the guise of animals. And with all the time put into we still haven't managed to get all medals with all tanks, unlocked all tanks though.

Great game.

There's no hiding, it was me. And still to this day, it gets played in 2-player co-op mode, less so recently thanks to Minecraft being released on the Wii U, but Tank Tank Tank! is the most played co-op game on my Wii U. I would think as a single player experience it would get tiresome a lot quicker, but there's nothing quite like sitting down with your offspring, and blasting giant mechanical destroyers in the guise of animals. And with all the time put into we still haven't managed to get all medals with all tanks, unlocked all tanks though.

Great game.

It's such an under appreciated game. I only played it a couple of times in multiplayer but I loved the single player mode. The amount of unlockables that the game has is great.

IGN have made a list of their top 25 games on the Wii U so far.

Minecraft beating Tropical freeze? No Wonderful 101? :mad::mad::mad:

Minecraft should beat almost anything put out...it's just an incredible game that you only see once in a while.

Its impact on the gaming world has been unbelievable.

Minecraft should beat almost anything put out...it's just an incredible game that you only see once in a while.

The thing wouldn't get a look in any of my lists. Can't stand the thing.

The thing wouldn't get a look in any of my lists. Can't stand the thing.

Yeah, I get that. It's not for everyone, but I can easily understand it being high up the list. It's such a massive game that has taken the world by storm - it has crazy amounts of potential and appeals to young and old alike. I personally love it and think it makes for a great creative and social experience. A lot of other games on that list I would just play and enjoy, then shelve. Minecraft is a game I've always come back to.

I've hardly touched Minecraft but I can certainly appreciate it's an amazing game!

Seeing how big it is and how much people love it... my girlfriend's little'ns absolutely love the game, I love joining them in their world and following them on adventures, building stuff etc! It's great!

Dragon Quest Builders is better.

No doubt. I'm actually looking forward to that. It looks to have a lot more personality to it.

No doubt. I'm actually looking forward to that. It looks to have a lot more personality to it.

It does. I have absolutely no interest in Minecraft but I adore Builders. I really hope it gets localised.

Ahh Zombie U, though it was a jittery game, I thought that it was a good start to the how Nintendo raising 3rd parties and having the demo available felt refreshing too... Went downhill so quickly however.

ZombiU is a decent game. If you put it alongside other horror or survival games, it doesn't stand out at all. Compared to the likes of Alien Isolation, The Evil Within, Dying Light, etc, the game doesn't get a look in. It gained in popularity on the WiiU because, deep down, we knew this may be the only survival horror game that would ever appear on the system.

I've just noticed that there's no Kirbys Rainbow Paintbrush on the list either! Kick Steam World Dig off there and give Kirby his rightful place in the top 25!

Absolutely disgusting! The way that Kirby&TRP has been ignored in general fills my heart with intense sadness. It's amongst my very favourite Wii U games! (easily top 3 & very likely my number 1) and a very worthy sequel to the original Power Paintbrush!

1.jpg

Shame on all of you who haven't played it yet!

Edited by Dcubed

ZombiU is a decent game. If you put it alongside other horror or survival games, it doesn't stand out at all. Compared to the likes of Alien Isolation, The Evil Within, Dying Light, etc, the game doesn't get a look in. It gained in popularity on the WiiU because, deep down, we knew this may be the only survival horror game that would ever appear on the system.
*orginal Third Party game.

I thought that list was pretty poor. I would have lots more 3rd party games on there: Batman Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, Deus Ex, Ninja Gaiden and ZombiU to name a few.

I've put some serious hours into 3rd party software on the Wii U and Mass Effect 3, Batman Arkham City and Deus Ex are three of the best games I've ever played!

Oh and as for Minecraft - fuck that boring pointless shite! Never interested me one bit ad when I have tried it, it bored me to tears.

I thought that list was pretty poor. I would have lots more 3rd party games on there: Batman Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, Deus Ex, Ninja Gaiden and ZombiU to name a few.

I've put some serious hours into 3rd party software on the Wii U and Mass Effect 3, Batman Arkham City and Deus Ex are three of the best games I've ever played!

This is s very good point. I've not played ME3 and haven't played DE:HR completely, but I have finished Batman... and what I have played stands alongside games at the top of what's available, most definitely.

bizarre list. Disney Infinity 3? FAST? Minecraft? Guacamole? Good games. But the best? no yoshi? Pikmin 3 that low down? God I hate opinions :)

oh and put me in the adore Shovel knight don't get minecraft camp!

Also, no one mentioned the rumour about nintendo miecraft?

Oh and as for Minecraft - fuck that boring pointless shite! Never interested me one bit ad when I have tried it, it bored me to tears.

I liked ZombiU a lot, but I didn't like Batman and ended up selling it before finishing 10% of the game (probably, have no idea how long the game is, but I didn't play a lot). And it's funny, I liked the graphics, liked a lot of options, but I just couldn't get into the game.

I liked ZombiU a lot, but I didn't like Batman and ended up selling it before finishing 10% of the game (probably, have no idea how long the game is, but I didn't play a lot). And it's funny, I liked the graphics, liked a lot of options, but I just couldn't get into the game.

Really? Batman was probably my favourite non-nintendo game last gen! Loved it.

Really? Batman was probably my favourite non-nintendo game last gen! Loved it.

I just couldn't get into it. I don't know why, but I couldn't.

I just couldn't get into it. I don't know why, but I couldn't.

Fair enough, I don't normally like open world games, this just worked for me. So much so I double dipped with the wii u version (after owning the ps3 one)

So much so I double dipped

giphy.gif

There's got to be a better way to word that :heh:

giphy.gif

There's got to be a better way to word that :heh:

How about I went through it twice even though loads of people had a go in-between?!

A lot of "rumours" from "inside sources" on the NX and its launch titles, as well as the remaining first party titles for the 3DS and Wii U, coming in in the last 24 hours or so.

Surely Nintendo don't plan on waiting it out until E3 at this point?

Yeah I've see these. The biggest thing to take from them (with a pinch of salt too of course) is Zelda NX being a release title, giving credence to it being a home console as opposed to handheld.

Although almost all of us have said this'll happen anyhow so it's not surprising in any way.

Edited by Kav