NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Heh, cute. You still think that this is the last year for Wii U...

Yeah that was 2012. Get with the times.

I don't think there has been many games to begin with never mind for the next 12 month or so.

It'll be tough for the Wii U to top its four GOTY nominations from 2014 again that's for sure

I missed the original announcement of this, apparently the Google street view app is being taken down in a couple of days. The app itself will be discontinued on the 31st of March which means it will no longer work.

[tweet]693078770073354241[/tweet]

I know the app was originally free as my sister has it on her Wii U which she had since launch, but they've been charging money for it since the end of 2014, so I have to wonder if people that paid for it will get a refund.

Edited by Helmsly

I'm not sure why anyone would pay for it. I'll be more than happy to free up space by deleting it :heh:

I'm not sure why anyone would pay for it. I'll be more than happy to free up space by deleting it :heh:

Yeah I can't imagine many people spent the £4.49 on it once they added a price tag. All the same, it doesn't seem very good that it was purchasable and within a couple of years of its release its taken away like that.

It does seem odd that its being removed so quickly though. Nintendo seemed quite proud to have the app on Wii U at the time. There was even an Iwata's asks with the dev team, that of course gave us this fantastic picture:

slide002.jpg

Edited by Helmsly

Is the Wii U Fit Meter any good? Is it accurate? What else do I need with that? Thx.

Again a question about the Wii U Fit meter. There is the black one for 6,99 , everywhere else it's 15.99, or 19,99, so I would buy this (it looks like it's preowned, but I don't really care as I think it works, so....)

I have the balance board, so the game should be free now, or did something change?

It is for my wife and she would use it to count steps and have a log, so can it to that properly? I know it has other futures, but I don't think she will have time for the game, and I know the calorie counter isn't the best, but I am OK with that.

So, is it good for the things I need it?

I really hope someone will answer soon so I can order it tonight :). Thx.

Yeah I can't imagine many people spent the £4.49 on it once they added a price tag. All the same, it doesn't seem very good that it was purchasable and within a couple of years of its release its taken away like that.

It does seem odd that its being removed so quickly though. Nintendo seemed quite proud to have the app on Wii U at the time. There was even an Iwata's asks with the dev team, that of course gave us this fantastic picture:

slide002.jpg

To be fair, they announced from the very beginning that the service would only last until 2016

Again a question about the Wii U Fit meter. There is the black one for 6,99 , everywhere else it's 15.99, or 19,99, so I would buy this (it looks like it's preowned, but I don't really care as I think it works, so....)

I have the balance board, so the game should be free now, or did something change?

It is for my wife and she would use it to count steps and have a log, so can it to that properly? I know it has other futures, but I don't think she will have time for the game, and I know the calorie counter isn't the best, but I am OK with that.

So, is it good for the things I need it?

I really hope someone will answer soon so I can order it tonight :). Thx.

Being that the fit meter is pre-owned you might need to get rid of the odd data on it or it might do that automatically when you sync it to the software.

The free offer for Wii Fit U when you buy the fit meter expired aggggges ago, so you'll need to either buy the software physically or digitally.

You have the balance board? That's good because you need it to get anything useful out of the software, I mostly play the balance games.

Buy eet! : peace:

Being that the fit meter is pre-owned you might need to get rid of the odd data on it or it might do that automatically when you sync it to the software.

The free offer for Wii Fit U when you buy the fit meter expired aggggges ago, so you'll need to either buy the software physically or digitally.

You have the balance board? That's good because you need it to get anything useful out of the software, I mostly play the balance games.

Buy eet! : peace:

OK, there is the game plus wii u fit meter for 16.90, so I could go for that, have to calculate it correctly.

I don't really want the game, just the wii u fit meter :D, but I habeven't decided yet.

Thx for the answer :).

OK, there is the game plus wii u fit meter for 16.90, so I could go for that, have to calculate it correctly.

I don't really want the game, just the wii u fit meter :D, but I habeven't decided yet.

Thx for the answer :).

At that price you really might as well go for the fit meter and the game, get the most out of it. :)

At that price you really might as well go for the fit meter and the game, get the most out of it. :)

I wanted to order it, but with the shipment it would cost 50,86KM (the currency in my country), which means I would have to pay VAT, tax, plus other forms (it's above 50KM), where everything could go up to 100KM (about 39-40 pounds) and I don't want to pay that much for now....

Damn.

I'm not sure the Activity Meter is worth picking up without Wii Fit U, @Kounan, if at all ::shrug:

I purchased it in order to unlock the game for 'free' at the time as I already have the Balance Board from the original Wii Fit and thought it was a great deal to upgrade. I wore the Activity Meter all the time in an attempt to clear some of the walking and climbing challenges on Wii Fit U, the latter of which seemed impossible given how little I seemed to ascend during a typical day!

Ultimately, I lost it several months ago and I thought I'd miss it.. but I don't :heh: In fact, since losing the Activity Meter, I've lost over a stone and taken my BMI down to around the 23.00 mark, down from 25.96 in early October. Throughout this time, I've mainly just been giving myself regular check-ins on Wii Fit Plus as it's more convenient for me to access.

If you already have Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus, I'm not sure an upgrade to the Wii U version is entirely necessary, whether you decide to pick up the Activity Meter or not :smile:

I'm not sure the Activity Meter is worth picking up without Wii Fit U, @Kounan, if at all ::shrug:

I purchased it in order to unlock the game for 'free' at the time as I already have the Balance Board from the original Wii Fit and thought it was a great deal to upgrade. I wore the Activity Meter all the time in an attempt to clear some of the walking and climbing challenges on Wii Fit U, the latter of which seemed impossible given how little I seemed to ascend during a typical day!

Ultimately, I lost it several months ago and I thought I'd miss it.. but I don't :heh: In fact, since losing the Activity Meter, I've lost over a stone and taken my BMI down to around the 23.00 mark, down from 25.96 in early October. Throughout this time, I've mainly just been giving myself regular check-ins on Wii Fit Plus as it's more convenient for me to access.

If you already have Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus, I'm not sure an upgrade to the Wii U version is entirely necessary, whether you decide to pick up the Activity Meter or not :smile:

My wife is exercising so I wanted the meter just as a bonus to give the little extra (like make yourself to do the extra 500 steps to be on 5-10k and burn the extra calories during that).

The game would be just for fun.

I have Wii Fit, but we are not really using it (forgot I could use it in the Wii U :D).

But that's why I need the Wii U Fit meter to be "cheap" as it mostly will be used as a pedometer.

If I have understood you correctly, the meter works fine? That's the most important thing for me, so I maybe just get it without the game.

Btw. I can't access the forum via web browser.

That sucks about Street View, that app was /awesome/, especially viewing places in a spinny office chair :p I have a lot of fond memories of me and my friend checking out the holiday resort we were gonna visit a few weeks before going. It also had highlighted tours for you to go on, some of which were really interesting. I checked out a Japanese monkey park and the inside of some underground anime club. I really don't get why people always shit on decent apps because they're not games or streaming services, this was being moaned about before it was even released.

This one really doesn't make sense though, surely it just uses the same servers as the website? It's not like Google are gonna take down actual Street View on PC's / tablets any time soon? So I don't get the need to discontinue.

This one really doesn't make sense though, surely it just uses the same servers as the website? It's not like Google are gonna take down actual Street View on PC's / tablets any time soon? So I don't get the need to discontinue.

Maybe the API has changed and Google aren't bothering to update the app?

Or Google likes to discontinue things for no reason (Google Reader... :()

Some new sales numbers as of December 31st 2015

Mario Kart 8: 7.24 million

New Super Mario Bros. U: 5.08 million

Nintendo Land: 5.02 million

Super Mario 3D World 4.63 million

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 4.61 million

Splatoon 4.06 million

Super Mario Maker 3.34 million

Yoshi's Woolly World: 1.31 million

The US really came through for Yoshi's Wooly World! It's really quite surprising how much more it sold there than in Japan or in Europe!

NOA really did make the right call with that delay and the Mega Yarn Yoshi Amiibo timing!

Smash Bros Wii U seems just as frontloaded as Brawl was.

Edited by Dcubed

Splatoon over 4 million, didn't know that.

And Mario Kart,....., what is that, about 60% attach rate?

I still didn't get Yoshi, but I am happy it is doing well as I plan to get that game.

Btw. do they only list first party titles in this report?

PS There is also this:

20.5 million amiibo figures.

21.5 million amiibo cards.

PPS:

Splatoon third quarter of sales = 1,640,000

Mario Kart 8 third quarter of sales = 1,280,000

Is there enough time for Splatoon to overtake Mario Kart 8? I do think that they should make a DLC (good one) so the hype starts again (even if it didn't really stop) and they could push even more.

PPPS:

Nine months ended December 31, 2015 Software Revenue: 185.410 billion yen

Of which digital: 30.5 billion yen

Digital shares: 16.4%

Nine months ended Dec. 31, 2014 Software Revenue: 207.128 billion yen

Of which digital: 21.1 billion yen

Digital share: 10.1%

The rest: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/02/nintendo_profits_dip_as_amiibo_hits_over_40_million_sales_in_nine_months

They are still making profit, which is good.

Edited by Kounan

Good sales figures there. It is nice to see the high attachment rates.

I imagine that the high attachment rates may be slightly influenced by the fact that there are not many 3rd party games for Nintendo to compete with.

Good sales figures there. It is nice to see the high attachment rates.

I imagine that the high attachment rates may be slightly influenced by the fact that there are not many 3rd party games for Nintendo to compete with.

It is that, but I also think it's more because a lot of people who buy Nintendo buy it because they love some of their IP's (MK, Mario, Smash,....), so they will always buy these games if they get the console. When you say Nintendo, you think of Mario, when you say Mario, you think of Nintendo.

That's at least how I work :D.

Delighted to see how well Super Mario 3D World sold as typically the New series far exceeds the 3D Mario titles.

Phenomenal to see how well Splatoon has sold for a new IP, it's turned into a system seller which is even more impressive.

Any update on how Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD and the other first party titles have sold?