NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I don't see VR as something people can spend a lot of time with and really relax with it. It is good for FPS, but how long can you really play it, without getting tired? Plus, the brain will receive the information differently and the reaction will be different and it will be "to exciting" (sorry, don't know how to say this properly in English) so you will have to rest more and I don't see how you can really relax there.

I also agree that it will find it's place, but I don't think that it will rival home consoles.

Again, maybe I am totally wrong.

PS

So Zelda TP, Pokken and Star Fox all in March and April. Quite a strong line up.

Edited by Kounan
Automerged Doublepost

The concept behind VR is great, although tech isn't there yet. It's jarring to be "wow it's like I'm really here, let's use this gun...oh wait I'm pressing a button".

Damn technology for not having invented replicators and make-believe guns for gaming! Outrageous I tell you.

Do you honestly expect the standard consumer to go in and calibrate everything? Considering how many haven't even properly set up their TVs, it's not likely.

504x_resort2.jpg

@Serebii

To be fair when I tried Oculus I ended up sweating, feeling dizzy and then ultimately feeling really sick. It was like my brain was in a different place but knew really that it wasn't real. I felt the whole experience as weird. I felt ill.

504x_resort2.jpg

But it is not the same, I don't think it's even simmilar, because I am quite sure that if people don't get it right on the second or third try and they get sick every time, I am quite sure most of them will just give up.

Oh no I wasn't saying it was exactly the same or anything, but merely pointing out that if presented in a clear and easy to do way, people will calibrate.

It depends really if calibration is at the heart of the issue some people have with VR. It might be a self-fulfilling idea that VR makes you feel sick so going in some people might expect it and thus feel it (there's a term for this I forget).

Oh no I wasn't saying it was exactly the same or anything, but merely pointing out that if presented in a clear and easy to do way, people will calibrate.

It depends really if calibration is at the heart of the issue some people have with VR. It might be a self-fulfilling idea that VR makes you feel sick so going in some people might expect it and thus feel it (there's a term for this I forget).

I understand, but I don't think it will be so simple to calibrate if it's the problem.

But the bigger issue for me is that in order to play it you have to be alone (you can't really play it with your parrents, wife, children next to you.

To have a local game you need at least two "consoles", which will increase the price even more and I don't think that parrents will be to happy with that.

Saying all that I do plan to buy it when I can :D.

Confirmation Bias is the term you're looking for :)

To have a local game you need at least two "consoles", which will increase the price even more and I don't think that parrents will be to happy with that.

Surely no one would be stupid enough to buy two consoles to play the same game locally in the same house? Surely...

Confirmation Bias is the term you're looking for :)

Nah that'd be more like observing/picking only the cases where people feel sick to fit with your existing thinking looking for it. Or getting sick then going 'ha, i was right!'. Expecting it and having it happen would be more like a Nocebo effect(Placebo effect for negative consequences).

Surely no one would be stupid enough to buy two consoles to play the same game locally in the same house? Surely...

How else would they play it with their family? You need 2 devices as you can't use split screen, or use one device on two people at the same time (for sports games).

Again, I have no idea what are they planning to put on it.

I am just talking about VR taking the home console place.

How else would they play it with their family? You need 2 devices as you can't use split screen, or use one device on two people at the same time (for sports games).

Again, I have no idea what are they planning to put on it.

I am just talking about VR taking the home console place.

Yeah sorry, you were making a perfectly valid point to do with the discussion topic.

I on the other hand was making a crappy joke at the expense of Flink and Eenuh. Ignore me and carry on!

Yeah sorry, you were making a perfectly valid point to do with the discussion topic.

I on the other hand was making a crappy joke at the expense of Flink and Eenuh. Ignore me and carry on!

I got the reference!

I understand, but I don't think it will be so simple to calibrate if it's the problem.

But the bigger issue for me is that in order to play it you have to be alone (you can't really play it with your parrents, wife, children next to you.

Saying all that I do plan to buy it when I can :D.

In theory (I guess...) it could be similar to the asymmetrical gameplay of the Wii U. One person has a very different experience only they see, while others see/do something else. Haven't they already done games like this (where the TV displays differently from the VR unit)?

Hey we did it first. They just jumped on our bandwagon.

Sorry, but I have no idea what are you talking about :D :D.

Rumour time from Nintendo Everything.

This is sort of a new one! We have an announcement about a rumor coming sometime next week (update: Monday, see added forth tweet below).

Emily Rogers, Liam Robertson, and ShockingAlberto from NeoGAF have supposedly managed to dig up information regarding a new Wii U title. This is a Nintendo-published game as opposed to a third-party release. There’s apparently a decent amount of evidence behind the rumor, as 4-5 sources have provided information.

And they are hiring Level Designers for 3D Action Game (Location: Tokyo).

Apparently it's a from a franchise that has fans. Well that means it could be anything. :D

Emily also said its not a mini game/party game, nor is it an indie game or 3rd party game.

In theory (I guess...) it could be similar to the asymmetrical gameplay of the Wii U. One person has a very different experience only they see, while others see/do something else. Haven't they already done games like this (where the TV displays differently from the VR unit)?

That's actually true, I was thinking about sort of "all in one console". That could be interesting, but also a bit weird, "you" with the "brick" on your head, without any knowledge what's going around you, while the other person is doing God knows what :D.

Edited by Kounan

Apparently it's a from a franchise that has fans. Well that means it could be anything. :D

Emily also said its not a mini game/party game, nor is it an indie game or 3rd party game.

Supposedly it's a new Paper Mario game for Wii U...

Now, I'm not one to put stock into anything that she says in particular, but I did actually literally JUST suggest that it was going to happen for sure this year to a friend of mine (it has been over 3 years since Sticker Star already, so that's plenty of time for a new PM game to be made, even a HD one), so I'm inclined to believe it for purely self-indulgent reasons ;)

It seems it's Paper Mario for Wii U.

20ae8b87a3f621cad7f8f1c1dfded473.png

It seems it's Paper Mario for Wii U.

20ae8b87a3f621cad7f8f1c1dfded473.png

Interesting.

Not too sure how to feel about that, especially as we've just kinda had one on the 3DS in the form of Paper Jam.