NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I hoped most people had realised that - even when it happened it was clear it was being bought/used solely for the 'brand' of the name. It's just the fact that barely anyone talks about Napster anymore, for that very reason pretty much, that it's hilarious to see Nintendo partner up with them because the real use of the word Napster brings back the memories of old and outdated times. Not that anyone would ever say similar of Nintendo of course...

I hoped most people had realised that - even when it happened it was clear it was being bought/used solely for the 'brand' of the name. It's just the fact that barely anyone talks about Napster anymore, for that very reason pretty much, that it's hilarious to see Nintendo partner up with them because the real use of the word Napster brings back the memories of old and outdated times. Not that anyone would ever say similar of Nintendo of course...

To be fair, Nintendo probably has very little to do with this...

You mean to say Nintendo are so out of touch its as if they have very little to do even with the apps coming to their own system/platform!? I know that some criticise them, but that's pretty damn cold @Serebii!

You mean to say Nintendo are so out of touch its as if they have very little to do even with the apps coming to their own system/platform!? I know that some criticise them, but that's pretty damn cold @Serebii!

Lawl, this is how I read it too. Nintendo obviously was involved in the collaboration with this dinosaur!

Seriously though, why is this happening?!

Lawl, this is how I read it too. Nintendo obviously was involved in the collaboration with this dinosaur!

Seriously though, why is this happening?!

Involved to the extent of Napster went "We want to do this" and they went "Yeah alright"

It seems almost damaging for someone to buy such a brand. I thought the same when they tried to re-launch MySpace, it was such an outdated name that no matter how great the site was, it'd still be sneered at and they'd have just been better to go with a brand new name. Kinda like the WiiU using the Wii name I guess :p

And I'd guess that Nintendo had more to do with this partnership than a lot of the stuff on the console, considering it came to my WiiU as a 'gift' download which doesn't happen that often

I am thinking of getting Mass Effect 1 and 2 on steam, then Mass Effect 3 on Wii U. That's OK, isn't it, the games are the same on every platform, or is it not worth to get it on Wii U and instead I should look for it on PC?

Do I need the save files from the first 2 games?

Edited by Kounan

I am thinking of getting Mass Effect 1 and 2 on steam, then Mass Effect 3 on Wii U. That's OK, isn't it, the games are the same on every platform, or is it not worth to get it on Wii U and instead I should look for it on PC?

Actions you take will have an effect on the sequels so if you swap platforms then you won't be able to continue on from a previous save file. I would advise getting them all on the same platform.

Actions you take will have an effect on the sequels so if you swap platforms then you won't be able to continue on from a previous save file. I would advise getting them all on the same platform.

Thx, then it's PC, as I can get 1 (steam) and 3 (origin), and my nephew has 2 (steam).

Nintendo Life have a look at the biggest Wii U games in 2016.

HERE

To be honest it makes for some grim reading.

Zelda

Zelda TP

Star Fox Zero

Pokken Tournament

SMT/FE crossover game

Lego Avengers

Mario & Sonic

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

SteamWorld Heist.

I'm sure there will be more to come but as it stands it's a pretty poor line up IMO. The 3DS on the other hand....JRPGs here we come. :yay:

That is awful!

Only Zelda WiiU interests me. I'm glad I've still got Xenoblade CX to get (need to clear my PS4 backlog first) but really, I can't see me switching my WiiU on for an age now!

That is awful!

Only Zelda WiiU interests me. I'm glad I've still got Xenoblade CX to get (need to clear my PS4 backlog first) but really, I can't see me switching my WiiU on for an age now!

The big kick to the nuts is that the next big game is Zelda TP and that isn't until March. The drought continues. :(

Honestly, I think the Virtual Console has been the saving grace for the Wii U, at least for me. I can quite happily play some of the classics again and again. Of course, if you aren't bothered about such things and only want newer titles then you will once again have to play the waiting game.

To be fair, with Nintendo it is quite common for a short reveal to release period of games.

To be honest, Starfox Zero and The Legend of Zelda for Wii U are probably enough for me in 2016 as there are a lot of games I want to catch up on :heh:

January tends to be quiet anyway, but this years Wii U line up is pretty thin on the ground. The only thing I can think is they release a load of smaller eShop titles or something (SNES Remix). Even if they do have new titles up their sleeves I don't think well see them until late Q2/Q3.

The next Direct should be in February, right?

I'm sure there will be more to come but as it stands it's a pretty poor line up IMO. The 3DS on the other hand....JRPGs here we come. :yay:

I was worried until the last Direct, it's going to be a great year for the 3DS.

Wow that looks like a dire list

Zelda, TP and SMT for me i think, possibly star fox too - but that makes dire reading if that the line up

Zelda, TP and SMT for me i think, possibly star fox too - but that makes dire reading if that the line up

It will be interesting to see if SMT/FE does make it over here. It bombed in Japan and they may think localising it is not worth the time or money. I imagine it will be heavily censored if it does make it over here, given the amount of flesh that goes on show in the game.

January tends to be quiet anyway, but this years Wii U line up is pretty thin on the ground. The only thing I can think is they release a load of smaller eShop titles or something (SNES Remix). Even if they do have new titles up their sleeves I don't think well see them until late Q2/Q3.

The next Direct should be in February, right?

Yep, if not February :)

Come on. Name me a year where Nintendo's lineup for the year in January has been the lineup the year ends up with? Nintendo often has titles with short reveal to release cycles, some better than others.

For example, off the top of my head. All of these were released less than 12 months after their initial reveal. Many even 6 months and in the same calendar year.

Super Mario 3D World

Captain Toad Treasure Trackers

Majora's Mask 3D

Twilight Princess HD

Mario Kart 8

Splatoon

Hyrule Warriors

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam Bros

Hyrule Warriors Legends

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Pokémon X & Y

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Pokémon Shuffle

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon

Pokémon Picross

Pokkén Tournament (Wii U Version)

To name but a few as the list goes on and on. Essentially ~80% of Nintendo's products have less than a year from reveal to release. There is zero reason to think this lineup isn't going to increase.

There is one very big reason @Serebii... the NX.

The NX is reason enough to think they've stopped WiiU game production and are working on NX game production.

Well to elaborate on what Kav said and answer your question Serebii - the last year of the Wii would be a good comparison

The WiiU is currently being taken out back old yella style by nintendo

We could wait until we're more than 4 days into the year to make such a determination. After the first Direct, then we'll see.

You've got to concede that while Nintendo may deliver more than we currently know about this year, going into a year and knowing so little is a bad thing from a marketing/getting new people POV (although not sure if Nintendo is even trying the latter any more!)

You've got to concede that while Nintendo may deliver more than we currently know about this year, going into a year and knowing so little is a bad thing from a marketing/getting new people POV (although not sure if Nintendo is even trying the latter any more!)

No different to every other year really

Yes and in Nintendo's defense it's really helped their sales figures :heh: