NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Supposedly it's a new Paper Mario game for Wii U...

Now, I'm not one to put stock into anything that she says in particular, but I did actually literally JUST suggest that it was going to happen for sure this year to a friend of mine (it has been over 3 years since Sticker Star already, so that's plenty of time for a new PM game to be made, even a HD one), so I'm inclined to believe it for purely self-indulgent reasons ;)

I know what you mean, I 'told my friend' that Twilight Princess HD was happening, the next Fire Emblem would come in three editions, the Shovel Knight amiibo could be scanned trough the packaging and that the sky is blue, before it all happened too. Honest. ;)

Surely no one would be stupid enough to buy two consoles to play the same game locally in the same house? Surely...

Laughed at this! You funny, kid.

Sorry, but I have no idea what are you talking about :D :D.

Long story short, I live/am engaged to forum member @S\.C\.G. and buy a digital copy, meaning that we can play on 2 separate PS4s using one digital copy of the game at the same time.

Our living room has 2 TVs (big, normal tv and the one from the bedroom now moved into the living room) and play Battlefront almost every night together now.

Although, @Ashley is correct. He did it first! :heh:

OK, this is actually a great story, :D, hahahaahahaha.

It now presents an interesting problem for future consoles. NX for example. If that takes off, will we need to get two of them? It depends really what it is.

It now presents an interesting problem for future consoles. NX for example. If that takes off, will we need to get two of them? It depends really what it is.

Buy only games where you can play together on the same console. If there are games you like, but don't fall in that category (local multiplayer), just hide it from her :D.

So the bigger question is, will they be doing paper Paper Mario amiibos? Similar to the Animal Crossing card ones.

Paper Mario is a franchise that has lost its way a little and I'm scared that a new game will be rushed out to fill a hole rather than provide the quality the series deserves. If this is real, I hope it's awesome :heh:

With the N64 version and Super Mario RPG to take care of, though, I'm not sure I'm ready for another instalment. There are so many other forgotten franchises that I would prefer to see return.

Paper Mario is a franchise that has lost its way a little and I'm scared that a new game will be rushed out to fill a hole rather than provide the quality the series deserves. If this is real, I hope it's awesome :heh:

With the N64 version and Super Mario RPG to take care of, though, I'm not sure I'm ready for another instalment. There are so many other forgotten franchises that I would prefer to see return.

Agree with all of the above, especially with your comment about other stuff being left on the bench.

I wouldn't have minded Intelligent Systems having a crack at an Advance Wars/Battalion Wars for the Wii U. The GamePad was made for games like that and yet both franchises remain locked away.

Thing is, Intelligent Systems accidentally leaked they were working on a new Paper Mario game a few months back http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1043989

So I believe it

Plus like I said before, the timing matches up perfectly (Sticker Star came out December 2012. It has already been over 3 years since then and possibly up to 4 years if it came out end of this year; that's globs of time, even for a big budget Wii U PM game! :D

Our living room has 2 TVs (big, normal tv and the one from the bedroom now moved into the living room) and play Battlefront almost every night together now.

Although, @Ashley is correct. He did it first! :heh:

Heh, me and Glen-i do that quite a bit as well. We often do that to go online with each other alongside other players (Off TV play on Wii U comes in very handy for that ;) )

We also plan on doing it with Pokken. Set it up, arcade cabinet style, for LAN play! :yay:

Agree with all of the above, especially with your comment about other stuff being left on the bench.

I wouldn't have minded Intelligent Systems having a crack at an Advance Wars/Battalion Wars for the Wii U. The GamePad was made for games like that and yet both franchises remain locked away.

Hmm.. when you put it like that, I'll be glad if it IS Paper Mario :heh: I've never managed to get into Advance Wars or Battalion Wars, though the latter is on my radar for 2016 as I have both games in the series but am only a little bit of the way through the Gamecube game :grin:

(Off TV play on Wii U comes in very handy for that ;) )

Yeah but 6 inches can't compare to a glorious 50 inches.

Yeah but 6 inches can't compare to a glorious 50 inches.

Sounds like someone's overcompensating :p

6 dirty and washed out inches at that.

Paper Mario TTYD is one of my favourite games of all time, I love the humour and it's the first RPG I completed. I wasn't that taken by Super Paper Mario though, couldn't bring myself to complete it. I haven't played Sticker Star and haven't heard great things either, I should probably reserve judgement until I play it though.

With the games in decline, this being a rumour and the NX on the way, I'm not pumped in the slightest. I asked on Reddit, would Nintendo really put an unnanounced game on Wii U at this point? After they've been letting it die for 6 months and almost completely forgot about this thing called 'Christmas', if this game does turn out true I struggle to believe it will be a Wii U title, and if it is then I fear it will be of questionable rushed quality like Power Tennis and Amiibo Festival. I got down-voted to hell and lots of angry responses so I might get more levelled opinions here :p

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE for us to get another proper instalment on Wii U, I just really don't see it happening.

6 dirty and washed out inches at that.

Paper Mario TTYD is one of my favourite games of all time, I love the humour and it's the first RPG I completed. I wasn't that taken by Super Paper Mario though, couldn't bring myself to complete it. I haven't played Sticker Star and haven't heard great things either, I should probably reserve judgement until I play it though.

With the games in decline, this being a rumour and the NX on the way, I'm not pumped in the slightest. I asked on Reddit, would Nintendo really put an unnanounced game on Wii U at this point? After they've been letting it die for 6 months and almost completely forgot about this thing called 'Christmas', if this game does turn out true I struggle to believe it will be a Wii U title, and if it is then I fear it will be of questionable rushed quality like Power Tennis and Amiibo Festival. I got down-voted to hell and lots of angry responses so I might get more levelled opinions here :p

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE for us to get another proper instalment on Wii U, I just really don't see it happening.

Have you ever played Super Mario RPG? Always felt to me like the father of Paper Mario but far superior. What a game.

@Sheikah I haven't actually, it was on my radar when it first appeared on VC but I forgot about it. I still have enough credit for a SNES game so I'll give it a go! It's a game I've been meaning to play for years

@Sheikah I haven't actually, it was on my radar when it first appeared on VC but I forgot about it. I still have enough credit for a SNES game so I'll give it a go! It's a game I've been meaning to play for years

Yeah do it man. What a game, what a game.

I find the best way to introduce a person to this game is to make them watch this video:

Yeah do it man. What a game, what a game.

I find the best way to introduce a person to this game is to make them watch this video:

giphy.gif

Go for it Josh, play Super Mario RPG...

:D

...for the rest of yourrr gaming life!

You won't regret it!

: peace:

With the games in decline, this being a rumour and the NX on the way, I'm not pumped in the slightest. I asked on Reddit, would Nintendo really put an unnanounced game on Wii U at this point?

Of course they would. The Wii U isn't going anywhere and the NX console isn't coming till at least November 2017. Not to mention they still have Pikmin 4 that's coming that hasn't technically been announced yet; as well as Zelda Wii U, Starfox Zero, Pokken, #FE and Zelda TP HD (and that's just what we know about! Retro's new game, that's due to be announced and likely released this year, is also probably a Wii U title; given that they would've started making it around November 2013... far too early for it to be an NX title, be it console or handheld).

After they've been letting it die for 6 months and almost completely forgot about this thing called 'Christmas', if this game does turn out true I struggle to believe it will be a Wii U title, and if it is then I fear it will be of questionable rushed quality like Power Tennis and Amiibo Festival.

Given that it would've had 3-4 years worth of development, I would be shocked if it were rushed!

Yeah, just because it's coming in the last year of the Wii U's life doesn't mean it'll be rushed.

Yeah, just because it's coming in the last year of the Wii U's life doesn't mean it'll be rushed.

Heh, cute. You still think that this is the last year for Wii U...

Heh, cute. You still think that this is the last year for Wii U...

The last full year of support, absolutely. Most development teams will be working on NX software now for next year.

The last full year of support, absolutely. Most development teams will be working on NX software now for next year.

Oh yeah, no doubt about that. Their development focus will be shifting to both NX console and handheld for sure, but we'll still be seeing 1st party games for Wii U (and probably 3DS as well) in 2017 as well. Not many (the last year of a Nintendo console's life doesn't usually have many 1st party titles), but there will be some for sure.

We also plan on doing it with Pokken. Set it up, arcade cabinet style, for LAN play! :yay:

Either you're going to go crazy and buy both physical and digital or you're assuming the single player content is going to be enough to validate me buying it.

But if either of those things happen.

SUPER NERDY POKKEN LAN NO-HAWLUCHA-ALLOWED BATTLES!