NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

:yay:

Thank you for this! I can finally stop using disposable batteries in favour of this. I was searching for this for a very long time! :bouncy:

EDIT:

Wait a second. I don't really get it - Can it only charge one wii remote?

1 at a time, yeah. You'll need additional rechargeable remote batteries for extra controllers which I'm not sure they sell separately over here. I know they do in Japan.

Or you could just buy the set but that's getting expensive. :/

Turns out mines at the post office so have to get it tomorrow or Saturday.

Ikea : 10 AA Batteries = £1 (80p on offer)

To justify a £35 charger... that's 350 AA's, 75 pairs... not really worth it.

Luigi Coin is on Club Nintendo! It looks really nice but the site keeps crashing :(

1,500 stars if you're interested!

for batteries I've been using these in my Wiimotes since 2008

usbcell.jpg

I bought a pack of 4 back then and they still work today. I even charge them on the Wii's USB's at the back with a little USB hub. Make sure to buy the proper USBcells made by Moxia though, as there are cheap knock-offs out there that'll just be a waste of money.

So I've just ordered one with Wind Waker. Should arrive on Tuesday. Now I need to get me some more games.

So I've just ordered one with Wind Waker. Should arrive on Tuesday. Now I need to get me some more games.

Nice one @Cube :D

I take it you'll be wanting Sonic Lost World for your brand new Wii U? If so then I'll keep my sealed copy back for you if you're interested...

If not then that's fine too but either way I'm sure that you're going to love being a Wii U owner. :)

null_zps2a017776.jpg

So today's Sunday Mirror magazine goes into more detail on the Wii U with another 2 page spread all about the console!

This time, it details Wii Fit U and how people can get fit after the Christmas period.

They make a point about saying how all the old Wii peripherals will work with the Wii U and talk about the new Wii Sports Club game.

Really informative actually - even I learned one or 2 things from it haha!

Not sure if they've got another spread next week, but I'll be sure to post if they have. I don't know how many people this will reach, but it's a fantastic advert for the Wii U which will probably do more than any TV advert has so far.

The interface for this console is actually really damn good. I do wish some stuff (like notifications and Miiverse) could be set to only load on the GamePad if you're in a game, but it's not a big issue.

I knew the console was small (though bigger than the Wii U), but I was surprised as to how small. I'm pretty sure the box itself was smaller than the Wii box. The gold Hylian text on the GamePad looks great.

Wind Waker looks lovely, too. I've set a load of demos and stuff to download and Sonic should be here tomorrow.

The major downside to the interface so far for me is the slowness of clicking things and waiting quite a few seconds for it to load, and generally everything being separated (no/little multi tasking, you have to switch between sections of the menu). Maybe I expected too much.

Compared to the 3DS and Wii, it's very fast.

Still, it could be faster.

Oh, yeah. But they're slow as hell. It's just nowhere near as fast as it should be for a console released so recently.

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=40761

MARIO AND LUIGI JUMP INTO THE NEW WII U DELUXE SET

New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U Packaged Together in New Configuration

REDMOND, Wash., Oct. 23, 2013 – Nintendo is launching a new Wii U Deluxe Set that puts the focus on value, and highlights the two biggest names in video games: Mario and his brother, Luigi. Available in stores on Nov. 1, the Wii U Deluxe model will come with two games – New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U – all on one disc. The new configuration will sell at the low suggested retail price of $299.99, and replaces the existing Wii U Deluxe Set, which included Nintendo Land. For fans who want to experience the uproarious fun of Nintendo Land, the game can still be purchased separately in stores and as a download in the Nintendo eShop at a new low suggested retail price of $29.99, also beginning Nov. 1.

The beautiful, limited-edition Wii U Deluxe bundle that comes with a download code for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, a gorgeous GamePad controller adorned with art inspired by The Legend of Zelda series and a download code for a digital copy of Hyrule Historia is also still available at a suggested retail price of $299.99 while supplies last.

"Mario and Luigi are two of the biggest heroes in video games," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "This new Wii U configuration gives people instant access to not one, but two of the most well-received Wii U games. It's another example of the tremendous value and variety that Nintendo is offering consumers this holiday season."

New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U are two of the best games on Wii U. The games offer players two separate platforming adventures – one starring Mario and one starring Luigi – each filled with dozens of creative levels. Both Mario and Luigi control differently, giving each game a distinct feel and challenge. Both games showcase the refreshing originality and game play that can only be found on Nintendo systems.

I think this is a good decision. Nintendoland hasnt captured the imagination of the public, neither has the gamepad so probably right to ditch that and pack in Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U.

Compared to the 3DS and Wii, it's very fast.

Still, it could be faster.

Its super speed compared on release!

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2013/10/23/rumor-nintendo-bringing-super-mario-64-reumagined-and-other-updated-classics-to-wii-u/

That article is nothing but rumour, but frankly however un realistic it might be I wanted to share as it excites the hell out of me!

ReUmagined (hmmm) N64 classics on Wii U would be a treat for me, especially Mario 64! Not convinced they could charge £30 for them or indeed they would actually be a system seller to anyone that hasn't already got a Wii U...but I would probably snap up every single one!

Mario 64 fully remastered graphically...two player with Luigi.....waaaahhh

Sounds like BS to me. Way too much effort involved for too little gain and Iwata has already said that they're releasing N64 games on the VC. Why would they want to sabotage themselves and release two competing versions of the same games on the same console?

We'll just get the games on the VC, running in 1080p and with Off TV play/the usual Wii U VC features.

Way too much effort involved for too little gain

Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie and Perfect Dark all seemed successful, and that was a similar thing done at a similar price.

Still, the rumour is from an unknown website with a design from the 90s, so probably not true.

Edit: This guy was behind the "Starfox X Metroid" rubbish.

Edited by Cube

I wonder, if there is any substance to this at all, that perhaps it's just a HD lick of paint, much like the BK and PD entries on 360, rather than a fully remastered game. Kind of agree with Dcubed, bit much effort for something that isn't really a system seller.

But would certainly go some way to explaining the criminal lack of 64 VC games on Wii U!

Also credit to @Ike, saw he posted this in Wii U eshop thread long before I saw it :) (probably correct place for it too...)

Edit: This guy was behind the "Starfox X Metroid" rubbish.

Oh. Well I'm out.

Also credit to @Ike, saw he posted this in Wii U eshop thread long before I saw it :) (probably correct place for it too...)

Got more discussion in here though so no worries.

On the download list I have lego city and... another one, can;t think at the minute. I'm a bit OCD with lists and want to delete them ( no idea why it's only these that STAY when others leave straight away), when I try and delete them they say the data will be deleted. Is this right? Really niggles me.

Is it extra content or updates? If so, you may need to start the game to install it.

Is it extra content or updates? If so, you may need to start the game to install it.

No it's all installed, I think it's updates as lego doesn't have DLC. It's installed but just stayed on the download screen.

Have you tried putting in the game disc and starting it up and then checking the list? Playing the game might give the list a kick?