NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Well now. This is random...
In more ways than one. :heh:

You have no direct control of the players in Pocket Football Club, so scoring a goal actually is completely random. :laughing:

*EDIT*

Ah! Seems like it's not actually using the main game, but a penalty shootout thingy.

Still, weird promotion. :hehe:

Edited by RedShell

Oh blimey.

Well apparntly this is just a mini game, so maybe it's a bit easier? Or maybe GAME are just sick bastards and it is as you say and you could be stood playing it all afternoon just to try and score for a measley 10% off! Probs the case knowing GAME too. :laughing:

I couldn't even be bothered reading all that press release, never mind something about going to a store and something about congratulations

:p

Random related tip: if you set your phone's WiFi hotspot name to "_The Cloud", then you can access Nintendo Zone. So you can presumably do this before you go to GAME, close your DS and show it to them there.

The thing is, the Wii U's failure is indicative of something very wrong in the industry. It is collapsing.

People say "Look at the PS4. It has sold 10 million in 9 months". Well yes, that's great, even though the Wii did 13.6million in the same period of its life. However, the PS4 and Xbox One sales were ridiculously frontloaded and look at the NPDs.

A 3.6million difference in sales compared to the what, the 2nd or 3rd best selling console of all time(a very close difference between them too, and a very clear difference to fourth). That's mega.

As for a collapsing market, with 10 million and counting PS4s out there? I can't see that collapsing anytime soon at all, that's a market that's just grown. Grown big, and fast. The PS4 is going to BE the market, and probably quite a good saviour for the industry given its reportedly more dev-friendly approach.

I wasn't going off on one. I was trying to have a discussion.

Welcome to my ignore list. You can't get hostility out of your mind.

It's actually useless having it because he shits up threads far more than Wii supposedly does, leading to a complete failure of the function. I appreciated that doom and gloom btw.

They are probably doing plenty behind closed doors. They aren't going to divulge all of their plans to everyone on the interwebs You think they are just sitting on their hands watching all of this happen?

Just to bring it back, I think more engagement and thought about PR is needed. I read that Yoshida interview earlier, and it seemed quite frank and fresh, and rather human too. It's nice to see that. That's the kind of thing that gets me more on board these days, even though I really don't care much for PS4/Sony, things like that are slowly getting me more interested as time goes on. Whereas with Nintendo and the WiiU I find myself possibly getting more disinterested instead.

Edited by Rummy

The gaming market is much, MUCH bigger than it ever has been before. Furthermore, casual games no longer need to buy an expensive handheld/home console to get by on casual experiences as they can get better experiences elsewhere.

A 3.6million difference in sales compared to the what, the 2nd or 3rd best selling console of all time(a very close difference between them too, and a very clear difference to fourth). That's mega.

As for a collapsing market, with 10 million and counting PS4s out there? I can't see that collapsing anytime soon at all, that's a market that's just grown. Grown big, and fast. The PS4 is going to BE the market, and probably quite a good saviour for the industry given its reportedly more dev-friendly approach.

Because one console is doing "well" does not mean the market is growing fast, especially since PS4 sales have drastically slowed. You just have to look at Daft's numbers which help illustrated that.

Xbox One and Wii U are doing worse too. You're looking at one console, seeing it's doing well compared to its rivals, and are declaring the industry is growing. It really isn't. The dedicated gaming industry is contracting, and scarily fast.

The dedicated gaming industry is contracting, and scarily fast.

lol. What absolute bollocks.

@Sheikah you should really join us in the land of having Serebii on Ignore. Its wonderful over here.

I would if the ignore function really worked (I'm on Tapatalk and pretty sure it doesn't).

Even then, people quote their posts and you see them and you have that tempting option to unhide them, so it doesn't really work. :p

I would if the ignore function really worked (I'm on Tapatalk and pretty sure it doesn't).

Even then, people quote their posts and you see them and you have that tempting option to unhide them, so it doesn't really work. :p

Thats why we all need to just put him on Ignore so nobody will have anything they need to quote :P

@Sheikah you should really join us in the land of having Serebii on Ignore. Its wonderful over here.

It's a shame I can still read his comments when people quote his posts. :blank:

Edit: Errr, yeah, what you both already said.

What a gloomy place it must be for you lot, with just the constant negativity about Nintendo on a Nintendo focused forum.

Sorry for being positive and for seeing things how they actually appear in regards to industry growth.

Edited by Serebii

LOL Of The Week right there. :bowdown::laughing:

What a gloomy place it must be for you lot, with just the constant negativity about Nintendo on a Nintendo focused forum.

Sorry for being positive and for seeing things how they actually appear in regards to industry growth.

I don't think they can see what you're saying :heh:

A happy medium between both viewpoints would be nice, I would call it realistic optimism.

I don't think they can see what you're saying :heh:

I know.

Besides, I've received messages from many users here who appreciate me actually sticking up for Nintendo and trying to be positive in the face of the constant trashing Nintendo receives from certain people here. Some users have stopped posting because of it.

It's a shame that it has come to this, really.

I'm sorry, but some of these posts towards Serebii are disgusting. It's bullying - talking about him as if he isn't there. You are perfectly free to put him on your ignore list, you're perfectly free to disagree with what he says, and you're perfectly free to argue against his points. But some of the attitudes are down right wrong. Can't people post, discuss, disagree and argue with just an ounce of respect? Regardless of whether you agree with him or not (I'm not saying I agree with all he posts here) he deserves as much respect as you'd treat any other poster.

'The dedicated gaming industry is contracting, and scarily fast.' vs 'Sorry for being positive and for seeing things how they actually appear in regards to industry growth.'

Does not compute.

@Mr\-Paul whilst I agree to an extent, I particularly found the comment to Wii about shitting up threads fairly lacking in respect. Add on top of that dismissing Daft's posts as 'going off on one' and implying he didn't read the post at all? It isn't simply one way here.

Ironically it appears to me he didn't read my post properly and completely misunderstood my point too.

Edited by Rummy

I'm sorry, but some of these posts towards Serebii are disgusting. It's bullying - talking about him as if he isn't there. You are perfectly free to put him on your ignore list, you're perfectly free to disagree with what he says, and you're perfectly free to argue against his points. But some of the attitudes are down right wrong. Can't people post, discuss, disagree and argue with just an ounce of respect? Regardless of whether you agree with him or not (I'm not saying I agree with all he posts here) he deserves as much respect as you'd treat any other poster.

Honestly for me no, I will not give him as much respect as other posters because I dont respect or like him. I think he is one of the problems with this forum and he is one of the reasons I stopped posting here for a few months. I think he is disruptive and arrogant.

Im not saying I'm just going to start talking shit about him constantly but because I think this place would be so much better without him I might bring it up from time to time if it comes up in conversation ::shrug:

I know.

Besides, I've received messages from many users here who appreciate me actually sticking up for Nintendo and trying to be positive in the face of the constant trashing Nintendo receives from certain people here. Some users have stopped posting because of it.

It's a shame that it has come to this, really.

Tbf Serebii it works both ways. People have been put off posting because of your posts. But you know that.

Tbf Serebii it works both ways. People have been put off posting because of your actions. But you know that.

Because I try to be positive about Nintendo on a Nintendo forum, and try to counter the rampant negativity that comes from certain posters?

Ok. I never understood that, but ok.

You're the one who's being so negative about stuff!

You're the one who's being so negative about stuff!

I meant being positive about Nintendo, which is the usual way trouble starts here :/

Because I try to be positive about Nintendo on a Nintendo forum, and try to counter the rampant negativity that comes from certain posters?

Ok. I never understood that, but ok.

I don't see why you feel the weight is on your shoulders?

It's not up to you to have to find the stat to disprove someone, just ignore it.

But you can't genuinely believe Nintendo are doing a good enough job? Yes they're trying their hardest, but talk about too little too late. We have nothing to talk about on the forum these days... on a Nintendo forum. That says it all. There are no games.

We're all adults here. Everyone just needs to chill a bit, because frankly I've had enough of it myself.