NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Honestly for me no, I will not give him as much respect as other posters because I dont respect or like him. I think he is one of the problems with this forum and he is one of the reasons I stopped posting here for a few months. I think he is disruptive and arrogant.

Im not saying I'm just going to start talking shit about him constantly but because I think this place would be so much better without him I might bring it up from time to time if it comes up in conversation ::shrug:

If you have nothing nice to say, it's better to say nothing at all. And if you have a problem, take it to someone higher up rather than air it publicly, it doesn't help cultivate a nice atmosphere around here. Serebii's posts are less disruptive than all these posts saying "urgh ignore Serebii, he's the worst!"

@Rummy I do agree that post from Serebii was rash and inappropriate. Regardless, I just think in general, he gets an awful attitude towards him because it is him rather than because of what he is saying. If for example, you or I, posted what he was posting, we would have no way near the rude responses he gets from many users on here.

I meant being positive about Nintendo, which is the usual way trouble starts here :/

People are fine with you (or others) being positive, it's when you (or others) are borderline delusional and can't even have a proper conversation without taking offense.

It also doesn't help that there are multiple occasions where someone will respond to one of your posts with a great answer that contributes to the discussion and actually corrects what you've said previously...and you completely ignore it (like yesterday when I posted about the Wii U not being able to run last gen engines in response to you calling 3rd parties lazy).

There are two extremes on this board at times, but most of us actually want a discussion.

Because I try to be positive about Nintendo on a Nintendo forum, and try to counter the rampant negativity that comes from certain posters?

Ok. I never understood that, but ok.

A lot of the time though it comes across as if what you say is fact and other people's opinions aren't as valid as yours. At times there is a bit of arrogance in the way you reply to people as well. Both points I've discussed with you before in the past via PM.

There's people on here who still love Nintendo ( I'm one of them ) but I'm not blinded by certain actions they take. You can still love something and be critical at the same time.

I know I've said in the past how I admire your passion for the company and this still remains true today. I just think you need realise a lot if people aren't happy with the way things are at the moment, just like others need to accept that members of the forums are happy with their Wii U purchase.

I'll admit I left the forum for a month earlier this year because I felt I couldn't discuss certain things without being shot down by you. So it does work both ways.

I wouldn't want anyone on here to leave the forums, I mean we are a small, diminishing group as it is, but both parties need to just accept each other and try and have a good discussion rather than being at each other's throats all the time.

If you have nothing nice to say, it's better to say nothing at all. And if you have a problem, take it to someone higher up rather than air it publicly, it doesn't help cultivate a nice atmosphere around here. Serebii's posts are less disruptive than all these posts saying "urgh ignore Serebii, he's the worst!"

Well we'll have to just agree to disagree then, ive got no interest in arguing with you and carrying this on. Ive said my bit and what I think of Serebii and that'll do for me.

People are fine with you (or others) being positive, it's when you (or others) are borderline delusional and can't even have a proper conversation without taking offense.

It also doesn't help that there are multiple occasions where someone will respond to one of your posts with a great answer that contributes to the discussion and actually corrects what you've said previously...and you completely ignore it (like yesterday when I posted about the Wii U not being able to run last gen engines in response to you calling 3rd parties lazy).

There are two extremes on this board at times, but most of us actually want a discussion.

I admit, I do get distracted easily, but that is necessary for what I do. I didn't see your post because of that. My apologies.

Though I do take exception to the idea that my posts are delusional. They are not.

I don't see why you feel the weight is on your shoulders?

It's not up to you to have to find the stat to disprove someone, just ignore it.

But you can't genuinely believe Nintendo are doing a good enough job? Yes they're trying their hardest, but talk about too little too late. We have nothing to talk about on the forum these days... on a Nintendo forum. That says it all. There are no games.

We're all adults here. Everyone just needs to chill a bit, because frankly I've had enough of it myself.

Because, if I don't do it, then this place would just become a festering pool of negativity and that is far more toxic than any of my posts.

Also, I never have said Nintendo hasn't messed up. I have outright stated otherwise on numerous occasions.

I shall attempt to restrain myself from countering all the negativity, but come on, can you not see how horrible it is?

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

I admit, I do get distracted easily, but that is necessary for what I do. I didn't see your post because of that. My apologies.

Though I do take exception to the idea that my posts are delusional. They are not.

Because, if I don't do it, then this place would just become a festering pool of negativity and that is far more toxic than any of my posts.

Also, I never have said Nintendo hasn't messed up. I have outright stated otherwise on numerous occasions.

1. You often post things that are completely off point, often blaming 3rd parties or just giving an opinion as if it's fact and saying 'you'll see' afterwards. That completely destroys any attempt at conversation.

2. My post yesterday is one example, but there are countless others when you disappear when someone engages in a chat with you and actually calls you out on some of the OTT statements, and then 2 weeks later we have to have the exact same conversation AGAIN.

3. This is an interesting point. It's okay for the forum to be 'negative' if the conversation is good. I would much rather have good, honest conversation with people making great points (regardless on whether it is on good or bad things) than what currently exists.

1. You often post things that are completely off point, often blaming 3rd parties or just giving an opinion as if it's fact and saying 'you'll see' afterwards. That completely destroys any attempt at conversation.

2. My post yesterday is one example, but there are countless others when you disappear when someone engages in a chat with you and actually calls you out on some of the OTT statements, and then 2 weeks later we have to have the exact same conversation AGAIN.

3. This is an interesting point. It's okay for the forum to be 'negative' if the conversation is good. I would much rather have good, honest conversation with people making great points (regardless on whether it is on good or bad things) than what currently exists.

1. I disagree. I only end with "you'll see" when the argument has become circular and I want to stop it.

2. As I said, I get distracted. I have a huge site to run, and my freelance work, so I have to focus on that and that sometimes means I miss replies.

I shall attempt to restrain myself from countering all the negativity, but come on, can you not see how horrible it is?
Of course I can, but as far as I'm concerned it's as a result of Nintendo, not the members of this site. When E3 was on this forum was like a completely different place for a couple of days.

This is totally off topic but I'm going to respond with two things I feel pertinent.

I don't think I've ever see you hold your hands up or say you're wrong. A convinient reason for everything usually backed up with some circumstance when you're really backed into a corner or called on something you can't/won't/don't respond to. This is a perfect example. Out of interest what would you say your 'error rate' is of missing posts on this forum, truly? You seem fairly good and picking up meticulously on them, in fact.

I do believe there were a few weeks when you weren't here previously. I don't recall it becoming a 'festering pool of negativity' at all, and that your lack of presence was noted by some to be an improvement.

Sorry if that's hard to hear, as I'd rather not point out something like this, but given your claim just now about not being delusional, yet simultaneously implying this place will become a 'festering pool of negativity' when it's something that's already been explicitly tested, well; you're often the quoter of 'logic' and 'facts' so I'll leave that to you to draw the conclusions.

Edited by Rummy

Of course I can, but as far as I'm concerned it's as a result of Nintendo, not the members of this site. When E3 was on this forum was like a completely different place for a couple of days.

Good times. We were all buzzing off the Direct and the Treehouse stuff. :D

I don't think I've ever see you hold your hands up or say you're wrong. A convinient reason for everything usually backed up with some circumstance when you're really backed into a corner or called on something you can't/won't/don't respond to. This is a perfect example. Out of interest what would you say your 'error rate' is of missing posts on this forum, truly? You seem fairly good and picking up meticulously on them, in fact.

I don't know. I'd say slim. I also do admit when I'm wrong.

I do believe there were a few weeks when you weren't here previously. I don't recall it becoming a 'festering pool of negativity' at all, and that your lack of presence was noted by some to be an improvement.

Sorry if that's hard to hear, as I'd rather not point out something like this, but given your claim just now about not being delusional, yet simultaneously implying this place will become a 'festering pool of negativity' when it's something that's already been explicitly tested, well; you're often the quoter of 'logic' and 'facts' so I'll leave that to you to draw the conclusions.

Really? I do remember that it did become bad and I even, stupidly snarkily, pointed it out to Ashley when it happened. You appear to have a selective memory.

As we should be, I am even still. Things haven't suddenly got grim since then. Very little has changed.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

As we should be, I am even still. Things haven't suddenly got grim since then. Very little has changed.
Serebii it has, jeez!

For 3 days we had nothing but games to talk about!

Now we have a Smash Bros picture and a possible Hyrule Warriors video to talk about each day if we're lucky.

There's been zero info on Splatoon, Xenoblade, Yoshi, Mario Maker etc... since E3. Even everything they took to Gamescom was exactly the same demos, as I frustratingly found out when I sat down to watch IGN's videos.

Really was great! :)

Serebii it has, jeez!

For 3 days we had nothing but games to talk about!

Now we have a Smash Bros picture and a possible Hyrule Warriors video to talk about each day if we're lucky.

There's been zero info on Splatoon, Xenoblade, Yoshi, Mario Maker etc... since E3. Even everything they took to Gamescom was exactly the same demos, as I frustratingly found out when I sat down to watch IGN's videos.

Really was great! :)

So you'd rather they spill all the beans for the games long before launch? I hate it when developers do that. Hell, I was annoyed by Mario Kart 8 Direct doing that for Mario Kart 8.

Just going back to the No COD on Wii U story.

Its definitely not happening, end of story.

"This year's Call of Duty game will not release on the Wii U console, Activision has confirmed to Eurogamer.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare developer Sledgehammer Games told Eurogamer at Gamescom last week that publisher Activision made the decision. "We're not developing a Wii U version," co-founder Michael Condrey said. "That was a business decision made by Activision to focus us on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. Another studio is doing current-gen. The Wii U wasn't on the business key plan. So that was off our radar, but I know the company's not doing it."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-21-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-dev-confirms-there-wont-be-a-wii-u-version

See, this has become the Serebii inquisition. Do we really need to scrutinise how he posts? Can we put a stop to this please?

Can we all just agree to be more respectful to each other? To make an effort to not try and present our opinions as fact, and respect what others are saying? To not go over the same things again and again and again?

To have good discussion, positive or negative? To not victimise someone for having any point of view?

I feel it is wrong to highlight anyone in particular as a problem, or toxic. I feel if we all make an effort to have a bit more respect - both ways - it will lead to an improvement in discussion. Grievances with particular people should be taken up privately rather than in public.

We all want to be here and everyone contributes something to this community. The level of disrespect around will just lead to people leaving. Put a stop to it, and N-E will be a great place, whether Nintendo are thriving or not.

To try and steer back on track, albeit it still maintains a slight negative tinge, I've been thinking after all of this bad new with regards to 3rd party releases and whether Nintendo might be moving forward production of their next home console to try and rectify and resolve some of their current problems and it left me thinking about something:

Obviously, there's the new Zelda title for the Wii U and also Xenoblade Chronicles X, both of which I think we all suspect will be released next year, but we don't know of anything which will see release after those. If Nintendo are to bring forward the release of their next home console (and this is pure speculation on my part, we've had no indication that this might be the case or not), does anyone else think Nintendo might pull a Twilight Princess and release both of these on said new console, depending on when it is released, such that it might help recoup development costs which they might not get back solely on the Wii U?

As I say, purely speculation on my part and it obviously depends on whether they feel they should continue to ride the storm with the Wii U, resolving small bits and pieces here or there, or get their next home console ready for market but I could see them doing it. I mean, obviously most consumers would be weary of picking up Nintendo's next console at launch but should they bring it forward and put out both the titles I mentioned above, I think they alone would attract a large portion of people to justify their release there and still putting it out on the Wii U for those not wanting to upgrade. And if they are hoping to position both home and handheld consoles with similar architecture which should make it easier for 3rd parties, then they may be able to fix that problem as well (assuming the architecture is similar to the other consoles) which again would make the console more noteworthy.

Thoughts?

I think it's time places stop posting "This isn't on Wii U". Stuff like that is no longer news. Instead, we should make a fuss when something is announced for Wii U.

So you'd rather they spill all the beans for the games long before launch? I hate it when developers do that. Hell, I was annoyed by Mario Kart 8 Direct doing that for Mario Kart 8.
No I'd absolutely rather they didn't! I hate that stuff too.

... but then this is the hole Nintendo have dug themselves into with the Wii U isn't it.

Supporting the console singlehandedly is proving far too difficult. These game droughts and gaps between any news/reveals is destroying them, and taking fans enthusiasm down with it.

And the Directs seem to have all but disappeared to.

I'm sorry, but some of these posts towards Serebii are disgusting. It's bullying - talking about him as if he isn't there. You are perfectly free to put him on your ignore list, you're perfectly free to disagree with what he says, and you're perfectly free to argue against his points. But some of the attitudes are down right wrong. Can't people post, discuss, disagree and argue with just an ounce of respect? Regardless of whether you agree with him or not (I'm not saying I agree with all he posts here) he deserves as much respect as you'd treat any other poster.

Not much to say to this, other than I totally disagree and I find it pretty shameful that you've just played the bullying card.

Rather than consider the possible reasons why you think a group of people have, individually, considered putting a person on their ignore list, you've immediately opted for one possibility (which at least in my case couldn't be further from the truth). If I was to ignore him, it would be based on his constant derailing of topics and religious defense of Nintendo to the point that he either makes things up or ignores reason and logic.

No I'd absolutely rather they didn't! I hate that stuff too.

... but then this is the hole Nintendo have dug themselves into with the Wii U isn't it.

Supporting the console singlehandedly is proving far too difficult. These game droughts and gaps between any news/reveals is destroying them, and taking fans enthusiasm down with it.

And the Directs seem to have all but disappeared to.

I reckon we'll see a Direct soon, but there is a reason that Directs have disappeared...Iwata.

Iwata hosts the Directs, and Iwata has not been well. I'm sure once he's well enough, they'll be back properly.

To try and steer back on track, albeit it still maintains a slight negative tinge, I've been thinking after all of this bad new with regards to 3rd party releases and whether Nintendo might be moving forward production of their next home console to try and rectify and resolve some of their current problems and it left me thinking about something:

Obviously, there's the new Zelda title for the Wii U and also Xenoblade Chronicles X, both of which I think we all suspect will be released next year, but we don't know of anything which will see release after those. If Nintendo are to bring forward the release of their next home console (and this is pure speculation on my part, we've had no indication that this might be the case or not), does anyone else think Nintendo might pull a Twilight Princess and release both of these on said new console, depending on when it is released, such that it might help recoup development costs which they might not get back solely on the Wii U?

As I say, purely speculation on my part and it obviously depends on whether they feel they should continue to ride the storm with the Wii U, resolving small bits and pieces here or there, or get their next home console ready for market but I could see them doing it. I mean, obviously most consumers would be weary of picking up Nintendo's next console at launch but should they bring it forward and put out both the titles I mentioned above, I think they alone would attract a large portion of people to justify their release there and still putting it out on the Wii U for those not wanting to upgrade. And if they are hoping to position both home and handheld consoles with similar architecture which should make it easier for 3rd parties, then they may be able to fix that problem as well (assuming the architecture is similar to the other consoles) which again would make the console more noteworthy.

Thoughts?

It's certainly a possibility, especially if they do launch their next console earlier than expected.

I personally think their next console won't launch till 2016 though. The lineup for next year is already looking healthy, providing they don't start pushing stuff back.

To be honest I would rather they didn't do this with Zelda. I dunno what it was but it felt like a very cheap way to get TP on the Wii. I mean really we didn't get a true Wii Zelda until Skyward Sword arrived and that was in the dying years of the console. To be fair, it could happen again with the next Zelda in that it will get released when the console is in its twilight period. At least with the N64 we got OOT mid cycle and then MM at the end.

I may have gone off topic. :p

I reckon we'll see a Direct soon, but there is a reason that Directs have disappeared...Iwata.

Iwata hosts the Directs, and Iwata has not been well. I'm sure once he's well enough, they'll be back properly.

I said this the other week and you dismissed it! Something about doing it without him or something?

*shakes angry fist*

Really? I do remember that it did become bad and I even, stupidly snarkily, pointed it out to Ashley when it happened. You appear to have a selective memory.

Everyone else and never you again, I see. It wasn't an attack Joe, I was actually just stating facts. Find me something to the contrary, but it got no worse on the whole(tbh, can it?) and some noticed and felt the place was better of it. Some more discussion was had as some more people came back to contribute without fear of derailment or being dismissed the way you do. People with no idea that you weren't around noticed - what does that say?

Not much to say to this, other than I totally disagree and I find it pretty shameful that you've just played the bullying card.

Rather than consider the possible reasons why you think a group of people have, individually, considered putting a person on their ignore list, you've immediately opted for one possibility (which at least in my case couldn't be further from the truth). If I was to ignore him, it would be based on his constant derailing of topics and religious defense of Nintendo to the point that he either makes things up or ignores reason and logic.

If someone has ignored him, they should do just that, rather than carry on posting about him. Attacking someone in a thread is downright rude, and would apply to any member.

Again, I said it is fine to disagree with him, to not like what he says. But to be so horrible towards him in public is disgusting.

I'm not saying this because I agree with him and what he posts. I'm defending him because I don't agree with how he is treated by many people.

I said this the other week and you dismissed it! Something about doing it without him or something?

*shakes angry fist*

I said that they could have theoretically done one with him doing voice overs and there being an animated form of him :p

Everyone else and never you again, I see. It wasn't an attack Joe, I was actually just stating facts. Find me something to the contrary, but it got no worse on the whole(tbh, can it?) and some noticed and felt the place was better of it. Some more discussion was had as some more people came back to contribute without fear of derailment or being dismissed the way you do. People with no idea that you weren't around noticed - what does that say?

It says that the hyperbole police is here. Where did I say it was everyone else?