NEurope

You could've just not bought it immediately....

I'm gutted. It's the only game I'm looking forward to tbh.

Funnily enough I was just looking at pre-order options yesterday :(

This is a great thing though:

Alongside the delay, Atlus announced that the Western release of Persona 5 will have dual audio options, with the Japanese voiceover track available as free DLC at launch.

But I can't help but think they could've just released it with Japanese and had English as a patch....

Edited by Shorty

I'm okay with this, i've got too many games and with the Switch Launching in March (supposedly) this could mean i've got time to use it before i descend into the Shadow Realm and my Girlfriend looses me

I completely missed this being delayed until about a week ago Amazon sent me an email letting me know it was delayed....that sucks. I'm laid off another 2 weeks and was looking forward to it

Persona 5 previews are starting to appear.

Excerpt from Kotaku's:

In the wake of Breath of the Wild turning out to be one of the greatest video games ever made, I have some bad news for your time and wallet: Persona 5 might be up there, too.

For the past few weeks I’ve been playing an early copy of the fifth Persona, logging around 42 hours with Atlus’s latest gang of rowdy high school students, which means I’m probably not even halfway done yet. Kirk’s in-depth review will be up closer to launch (April 4), but for now, I’ve played enough to at least give you the short version: It’s fantastic.

http://kotaku.com/persona-5-makes-a-fantastic-first-impression-1793008003

They claim to have code in the comments but they don't talk about anything we haven't seen before, like the English voice acting. I'm curious to know if there are any other differences too.

That aside, who cares, can't wait.

I think Zelda, Mass Effect and Persona might be my three top gaming series of all time, and there's new outings for each within the space of a month. Crazy times.

Not only that but there's Nioh, Nier and Horizon out there....

Edited by Shorty

Do I need to have played any other of the Persona to enjoy this? I hace never heard of the series before. What type of game is it?

You dont need to play any of the previous games. There tend to be nods to games that came before it, maybe a character cameo but nothing that matters.

The Persona games are very stylish JRPGs that are basically half dungeon crawler, half slice of life games. Its a really good mix that tends to have great characters which you will get to know through social link quests and then dungeons which you'll battle through to progress the story.

Here's IGN's review of the previous game:

ShopTo have just taken the money for my collectors edition, it begins! I've got all next week off as well so I'll really be able to put some time into it.

Giant Bomb have their P5 quick look video scheduled for 5.00pm tonight so I'm gonna have to watch that as they're the ones that got me into the series to begin with!

I'm totally broke and really shouldn't buy any games, but I'm not cancelling my pre-order for this. I want it more than I wanted Zelda.

ShopTo have just taken the money for my collectors edition, it begins!

Same.

I was still back and forth as to whether to buy it, given my dislike of P4, and honestly thought I still had a couple of days to decide. Looks like my decision has been made for me. :D

If you disliked P4... unless it was based on an overwhelming hate for procedurally generated dungeons... I wouldn't imagine this one would suit you really! I hope otherwise though.

If you disliked P4... unless it was based on an overwhelming hate for procedurally generated dungeons... I wouldn't imagine this one would suit you really! I hope otherwise though.

Yeah, I really doubt this one will change my opinion of the series. Still, you never know.

I've been listening to the OST at work all week in an effort to get in the mood for the game. Love the vocal tracks on it.

Yeah, I really doubt this one will change my opinion of the series. Still, you never know.

I've been listening to the OST at work all week in an effort to get in the mood for the game. Love the vocal tracks on it.

You should also check out the free P5 PS4 theme if you haven't already.

Hero owns every game that exists, or so it seems...So he might as well own this one as well. :D

I can't wait to play this... :)

...at some point, hopefully this year. :P

Until then it will remain in place within the RPG section of the PS4 storage tower.

Anyway, I hope everyone else enjoys playing it who has time for it. :D

Persona is a series I will make time for, just not right at the moment. : peace:

If I do end up liking and keeping the game, I hope they release a standard box version. It's gonna drive me nuts having a steel book version on the shelf. :shakehead I had the same issue with Rise of the Tomb Raider and it took me ages to track down a proper box version.

Dont worry, you'll get a normal one when you buy Persona 5 Golden

Does Sony have some kind of deal with Atlus for these games? I was wondering what the chances are of a Golden version being on the Switch?

As far as I know (I could be talking complete crap here) Sony doesnt have an actual deal and Atlus just likes to keep certain franchises on certain consoles and its only the spin offs like Arena and Persona Q that go elsewhere. Maybe those were Atlus testing the waters and realising that it all still sold better on Playstation?

I see Simply Games orders got dispatched today, so anyone who ordered from them will probably be getting the game for the weekend. Doesn't look like Shopto will be sending their copies until tomorrow.