NEurope

I've watched the trailer so many damn times over the last couple of days, like holy shit, I wasn't expecting anything on this level. I'm a relative newcomer to Persona as I started with P4G last summer that instantly became one of my favourite games of all time, so I'm hoping to crack out and finish Persona 3 before this even becomes obtainable.

Pretty damn hyped.

What if the localisation of this game this game is poorly dubbed. Or poorly translated. Or like... censored. Or takes years to come out.

tumblr_inline_mzdulg7t4d1r4m9qq.gif

Been playing a lot of P4 again, I forgot just how well dubbed and translated it is. It's clearly localised - for want of a less cliché description - by anime fans/for anime fans. The way they just use terms without explaining them, expecting you to either know or get it from the context, is just perfect for setting the scene in Japan and making it make sense.

Famitsu Interview, details courtesy of Siliconera

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/02/09/persona-5-details-protagonist-setting-dungeons/

+ The protagonist is a second-year high school student (the new kid in town, may or may not be a thief)

+ Social links are in (in some form)

+ Not all dungeons are randomly generated (but some probably are)

+ Starts in Shibuya, set in other Tokyo locations as well (Almost certainly a beach at some point)

+ Problems will be solved (but some probably won't be ... at least without a guide)

Protagonist info

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/02/09/persona-5s-protagonists-problems/

+ The cat thing Morgana can transform (perhaps into another cat)

+ Turn based battles, but with some differences (and the guns are not really guns, just things that look like guns and shoot)

+ Cutscenes are by Production I.G. (Ghost in the shell)

+ Everybody has problems

(summaries courtesy of gaf)

New screens shown (mostly just ones from the trailer but still, Persona 5 content!)

persona13jpg-72e1c6.jpg

persona14jpg-72e1c7.jpg

persona15jpg-a6e80b.jpg

persona11jpg-72e1c8.jpg

persona10jpg-a6e80c.jpg

persona12jpg-a6e80d.jpg

persona8jpg-a6e80e.jpg

persona7jpg-a6e80f.jpg

persona9jpg-72e1c9.jpg

persona6jpg-a6e810.jpg

persona5jpg-72e1ca.jpg

persona4jpg-a6e811.jpg

persona2jpg-a6e812.jpg

persona1jpg-a6e813.jpg

persona3jpg-72e1cb.jpg

Every time this thread is bumped I allow my hopes to raise for a release date or a new trailer :p

I think i'll wait for an article that doesnt look like it was pulled straight from Google Translate :p

Confirmed for a 2015 release in the U.S. I'd say we should get it 2020 then.

Unless we get a date this year as well then I think I will be importing.

Shame there wasn't a new trailer but confirmation that it'll be available within the next 6 months is enough for now :) Definitely importing if there's any significant EU delay.

I find this amusing on the website:

"Crazy battles use the full potential of the hardware"

[...]

"Platforms: PlayStation®3 & PlayStation®4"

Atlus announced that they’ll have a “Persona Special Stage” event at this year’s Tokyo Game Show on September 19th from 2:30pm to 3:30pm JST. [Thanks, Game Jouhou.]

The stage event will feature some popular talents behind the Persona series like vocalist Yumi Kawamura, Lotus Juice, Shihoko Hirata, DJ WAKA and many others, who’ll be there to perform live music.

Additionally, there will be a live talk show featuring Persona Stalker Club’s hosts Mafia Kajita and Tomomi Isomura. More details for the event will be announced in the near future.

I imagine this is where the release date will be revealed, at least for Japan.

Been such an awesome year for gaming. If this comes out in the west in 2015, it will be the perfect end.

That sounds about right for an announcement. Really hope the US (or even EU! but it wont happen) keeps its 2015 release. I want to import dammit!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, guys :( Delayed in Japan til Summer 2016.

New, substantial trailer to cheer you up, though.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I do think they've left it a bit late to tell people, they must have known for a while given its such a big delay and to be honest, having a big streaming event to tell people bad news kind of sucks!

Indeed. It looks so good though.

Oh yeah definitely, thats the worst part. I want to play it now!!! lol

I do think they've left it a bit late to tell people, they must have known for a while given its such a big delay and to be honest, having a big streaming event to tell people bad news kind of sucks!

The rage on the interwebs over this is real.

I don't understand why they kept saying it was still coming in 2015 when they clearly knew there was no way in hell that it was ever gonna make that deadline.

I'm surprised anyone thought it would make it out this year, tbh. I'm not that bothered, though. It's not really that long a delay.