NEurope

Hmmm, might this be the push I needed to get a PS4? I guess I'll wait to see if there's a significant difference between the versions. Anyway, good news!

Surprised by the announcement of a PS4 version. I half expected it six months down the line in a FES/Golden version. Happy though!

Holy shit!

holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit

This is going to be amazing.

My Highest Anticipated Game Of All Time TM

Never played any Persona game before but I have seen the P4 anime last year though, this game look quite appealing to me.

Did the previous games got the GOTY treatment? If so I'll wait a good while before get this game.

If you have a Vita, do yourself a favour and get Persona 3 and Persona 4 Golden.

If you don't have a Vita, do yourself a favour and get a Vita then get Persona 3 and Persona 4 Golden.

If you have a Vita, do yourself a favour and get Persona 3 and Persona 4 Golden.

If you don't have a Vita, do yourself a favour and get a Vita then get Persona 3 and Persona 4 Golden.

Persona 5 The Orgasmic Collectors Edition gonna get ordered.

Super-exaggerations aside, I'm really impressed by what we're seeing. I'm trying to figure out if they're showing actual clips of the UI (like the inventory menus etc) or just stylistic representations because it looks so damn slick. And the action parts of the game aren't simplistic dungeon crawlers anymore, I actually get a Killer 7 vibe from some of it, and the whole thing screams Catherine in terms of visuals. I'm still not big on the main character's design (until he pulls that freaky face) but the supporting characters and mascot already look cool.

If this is somehow not released over here, I'm going to go back to learning Japanese just to play it.

Yeah its looking pretty great, I just hope we dont have to wait too long to get it.

Got to admit though, I was watching parts of that livestream over the past 2 days hoping that one of the secret sections would be a Persona 3 Golden announcement, maybe to coincide with the release of the P3 movies. I loved playing P3P but it really did feel like I missed out on a lot of the charm the series has without the 3D models.

^ You do know that only P3P was like that, right? The original and FES had full 3D models.

The P5 website's had a little update and has

visual.png

^ You do know that only P3P was like that, right? The original and FES had full 3D models.

Yeah I know, its just that P3P had the updated battle mechanics to make it more like P4. I had FES as well but wasnt enjoying it as much.

Yeah I agree that P3 needed an update to have a combination of secondary character/ability to control your teammates' actions (which wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have the move selection ability of a Pokemon trainer) from P3P, with the 3D models of FES. But, I doubt it would be financially sound to put so much effort into an update now for such an old title, especially with the core team invested in P5.

Yeah I agree that P3 needed an update to have a combination of secondary character/ability to control your teammates' actions (which wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have the move selection ability of a Pokemon trainer) from P3P, with the 3D models of FES. But, I doubt it would be financially sound to put so much effort into an update now for such an old title, especially with the core team invested in P5.

I might play through P3P soon once ive finished Golden again, see how it looks on the PSTV.

So I went and pre-ordered on ShopTo, saw they have the release date down as 27th March 2015. I'd hope that was true.

So I went and pre-ordered on ShopTo, saw they have the release date down as 27th March 2015. I'd hope that was true.

Nah, no release date has yet been revealed.

Yeah I don't know where they got that date from but I'm expecting the end of the year if we're lucky.

Yeah the 27th of March date has been around for a while, I think it was just an end of the quarter date they pulled out of their arse.

Im probably going to hold off preordering until we get any news on special editions. P5 will be one of the rare few games I would spend quite a bit on to get a nice edition.

Yeah, if it releases in Spring in Japan we might get it near the end of this year, any later it'll be Winter 2016 I'd expect.

I don't think this is necessary. I played FES and I wish I'd played P3P as the models are completely superfluous. The Answer is average at best, too.

P3P is pretty much the definitive edition as it stands.

Yeah the 27th of March date has been around for a while, I think it was just an end of the quarter date they pulled out of their arse.

I hope so, otherwise I'm fucked. MonHun and Bloodborne are gonna be huge timesinks and so is Persona... I don't want my social life to die for 6 months!

I don't think this is necessary. I played FES and I wish I'd played P3P as the models are completely superfluous. The Answer is average at best, too.

I don't think it's necessary now, but it's certainly how I'd rather have played it (having only played P3P). Fully animated cutscenes are another aspect I missed.

I don't think it's necessary now, but it's certainly how I'd rather have played it (having only played P3P). Fully animated cutscenes are another aspect I missed.

I'm telling you... the lack of skill cards and party control will make you resent the trade-off. Gameplay is alot more important than character building "visual flavour text". Sure, FES is still pretty damn cool but I'm glad P3P exists because if I ever revisit it, I want to avoid the very frustrating lack of party control.

And the P3 world isn't nearly as fascinating as P4's. Story may be slightly better but the world itself isn't the involving masterpiece that was 4. 4 has perfect world building, where as 3's is okay but alot less fascinating. Inaba is a much better put together "place" than Iwatodai/New Port City.

If I ever revisit it, it'll definitely be with P3P. Plus it has the whole female protag thing going for it, too, as far as replayability is concerned!

I'm telling you... the lack of skill cards and party control will make you resent the trade-off.

Right... which is why my whole point was that I'd like to have had a version which combined the best aspects of each :p