NEurope

I don't remember this happening to Yu in P4, you could do pretty much anything, the perks of staying up for the midnight channel eh? compared to the criminal and his bedtime

It did happen in P4, there just wasnt a specific character doing it.

I'm just starting the second dungeon at the moment. Still loving the game but I think I do still prefer the whole atmosphere/story/location/characters from 4 a bit more. I felt it all clicked a lot better.

There was a great guide i found on the talking mechanic to getting persona's

it relates to the nature of the persona

Upbeat shadows like joking answers

Timid shadows like kind answers but dislike vague or joking ones

irritable shadows like serious answers but dislike vague or kind ones

gloomy shadows like vague answers but dislike serious or joking answers

http://www.kotaku.com/hidden-persona-5-tip-will-help-you-nail-every-demon-neg-1794089838

It did happen in P4, there just wasnt a specific character doing it.

I'm just starting the second dungeon at the moment. Still loving the game but I think I do still prefer the whole atmosphere/story/location/characters from 4 a bit more. I felt it all clicked a lot better.

I don't remember it happening this much though, it seems more frequent! i think i just had over a week straight of being told to go to bed by a cat who told me i needed rest

I'm only just in the first day of the second Palace and its felt very restricted on my time so far

Edited by Agent Gibbs
Automerged Doublepost

I don't remember it happening this much though, it seems more frequent! i think i just had over a week straight of being told to go to bed by a cat who told me i needed rest

It may not have happened as much but it always happens around the same times in both games. Its when you're basically moving onto the next part of the story so you are limited to what you can do during the day/at night. In these games I always get my dungeon stuff done as soon as possible and then spend the remaining time working on my social links/boosting stats or making money.

Its not much of a complaint really, that i'm annoyed i can't spend more time with my in game friends rather than going to bed.

other than that i've nothing i can complain about so far, other than i'd much rather this be on a portable device too.

I'm happier with it on a tv to be honest. Thats how I played P4 and most of P4G through the Playstation TV. I played P3P on my Vita but was never massively happy with that version anyway. Felt it lost too much of the charm when it got rid of most of the animations.

I love it on TV but I've also played it plenty on remote and it works a charm there. I've moved my sofa just for this game though so I'm closer and it's bigger :p

There was a great guide i found on the talking mechanic to getting persona's

[...]

That's literally just the one from the in-game tutorial I mentioned ;)

The last thing I would want to do in Persona, is read external guides! Do the best you can on your first runthrough but accept anything you get wrong/miss, make it your own experience.

I do share your annoyance at Morgana though. It was the same in P4 in terms of there being some restrictions but having the cat tell you that you can't do anything is quite annoying. And I think the number of days you're restricted to just sleeping seems to have increased. I hit late fees on DVDs several times because I just ended up in several day streaks where you couldn't return it if you wanted to.

Edited by Shorty

Just finished the first dungeon after around 7-8 hours of gameplays. Already forward to the next one! Dunno if I supposed to stick with a same Persona or I should mixed them up so I can level them up Pokemon Style?

Nah you don't stick with them. They stop getting new moves after a bit. Just move on to newer better ones whenever possible!

Thats one thing I've noticed about P5 actually. In P4 I never wanted to get rid of Izanagi and spent longer with him than I probably should have. In P5 I fused Arsene almost straight away.

In P5 I fused Arsene almost straight away.

arsene-wenger-arsenal_3391151.jpg

I can't be the only one...

Just preordered 'The Art of Persona 5' book. Comes out June/July.

I'd be interested in this but would be good to get a sense of how much concept art is in it. I know there's some, but if its mostly official rendered images/illustrations I'd give it a pass.

Put in about 3 hours playing it so far as I'm very much just doing it here and there, but I'm enjoying it.

Doubt I'll ever finish it, but I'm catching glances of the storyline by seeing @Daft play it. Close enough.

Don't you... have to fuse Arsene as part of the story? Pretty sure he's the only fusion available when it's introduced, he even has a unique line. I resummoned him right away but he hardly gets any new abilities.

Don't you... have to fuse Arsene as part of the story? Pretty sure he's the only fusion available when it's introduced, he even has a unique line. I resummoned him right away but he hardly gets any new abilities.

He wasnt the first Persona I fused so I dont think so.

The only thing I'll say negative about this game (aside from the cat) is that it's a bit of a shame how much they give away by leading into each part of the story with hints and background info. It's supposed to be from the protagonist's perspective but we get snippets of footage from the bad guys, future party members, etc., it saps away at the mystery a little.

Just cleared the second palace with plenty of free times to strengthen the bonds with other Phantom Thieves and important NPCS before the deadline! Also I gained a level 15 fused Persona with a range of cool abilities. :)

Do you have any idea how I can watch a rental DVD? I already bought TV and it came with a free dvd player but can't get the game to let me watch it.

Easy Allies

Review

Must... find...time...for... ALL of the games!

: peace:

I advanced a bit into the game and discovering you can strengthen your Arsene/your fave Persona with other Persona and gained one of their abilities.

:)

Just cleared the second palace with plenty of free times to strengthen the bonds with other Phantom Thieves and important NPCS before the deadline! Also I gained a level 15 fused Persona with a range of cool abilities. :)

Do you have any idea how I can watch a rental DVD? I already bought TV and it came with a free dvd player but can't get the game to let me watch it.

You have a dvd from central street Shibuya yeah? Then you just check the TV, may have to check if twice (first time just sums up what's on tv)

Just finished a marathon session on the game. I've now got one of my links maxed out (Ryuji) and a bunch of others close to being done. I've got Knowledge on rank 4 and the rest of them on 3. I opened up a bunch of links with new people and completed the 4th palace.

Man, that 4th palace/storyline was good, like stupidly gooooood.

Firstly, when they arrived in the desert I had a laughing fit. That scene when they are driving and the girls are getting all hot and bothered was hilarious. There's no way Western developers would even try to get away with some of the stuff that's in this game. Gotta love Japan!

:D

In terms of the story, I was getting a little tired of hunting the bad guys and then sorting their hearts out storyline that was going on and this was exactly what the game needed to shake things up. I found it quite interesting the way they took the game. Having someone actually want their hearts to be changed was something different.

The story was so bleak and I found it quite heartbreaking at times. The poor kid getting blamed for her mothers death was awful. I wonder if we find out who set all of that up?

The palace itself was great. It felt like I was in some kind of Zelda dungeon,

pressing buttons and working out codes.

I've really started to get the hang of things now. For the past few palaces I have managed to finish them all in the minimum time, leaving the max amount of time for me to faff about with my own things.

Persona fusions have been going well, too. I have been fusing a few but making sure I carry a bunch of moves that are useful along for the ride. I think I had most of the elements covered in that last palace, which made it smooth sailing.

Here's hoping the game will continue to keep pulling me in. There's no doubt still a long way to go and i'm hoping I don't run out of steam before I see the end...

I'm loving this game but there's too much handholding compared to previous entries. You can't so much as miss a dungeon map because your teammates will point it out. Everything is explained to you in simple terms.

Still fantastic though, the story is great. It has some really long stretches with little interaction that make it more like a VN than previous games, but the characters are as likeable as ever so they carry it along.

So much to do in the overworld, it's great!

I'm on the fifth dungeon now and difficult has ramped comfortably along the way. Looking forward to bringing the story together soon!

The game is too addictive! I agreed with Hero about the fourth palace was great! Absolutely love how the game made you feel really connected to the teammates and NPCs. Gonna take a mini break from the game cos I invested way too much of my time in the game within a week haha.

Still fantastic though, the story is great. It has some really long stretches with little interaction that make it more like a VN than previous games, but the characters are as likeable as ever so they carry it along.

I've not played any of the others, but I do like how its a mash up of a JRPG, visual novel, Berlanti show and a J-teen drama. It's a good vibe.

I love all the awakening scenes in this game. Each one gets me fairly hyped up. I'm sitting here trying to decide which ones has been the best so far.

I've just started tackling the 5th palace. Dat music! :bouncy::love::bouncy:

We all seem to be tackling the 5th palace right now.

Edited by Emerald Emblem