NEurope

That's outstanding. Don't really fancy a bag or plushy or any tat like that but reckon I'll grab the Steelbook :)

Crunchyroll to Simulcast "PERSONA5 the Animation -THE DAY BREAKERS-"

Today Crunchyroll revealed plans to stream PERSONA5 the Animation -THE DAY BREAKERS-, the tie-in prologue anime produced by A-1 Pictures. The launch time is set for September 3 at 5:00am Pacific Time.

PERSONA5 the Animation -THE DAY BREAKERS- will be available to Crunchyroll members in North America, Central America, South America, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and Ireland.

f0dba684256c898af9e94c5a129fa6ad1472850716_full.png

8db58747edf194894812ba2115a99df41472851534_full.jpg

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/09/02/crunchyroll-to-simulcast-persona5-the-animation-the-day-breakers-

Famitsu have given Persona 5 39/40. They said it takes around 80 hours to complete and has a nice amount of side stuff to keep you busy as well.

Today will be a difficult day. As some of you know, I was pretty hyped to be arriving in Japan before release date as I wanted to play it, but I won't be buying it just yet.

I have no TV and no PS3/PS4 and, more importantly, haven't got the security of a job yet. If I wanted to go out and buy it all now, even with the cheapest route I'm looking at roughly £250 and that's with a used PS3 which will probably be in very bad condition, a PS3 copy of the game and a tiny TV from a recycle store which I'm probably underestimating the price for as they hold their value quite well here.

This could change though as the new PS4 slim is on sale from today for 30,000 yen compared to the 32,000 your mostly looking at for a used regular PS4 so I'm expecting those prices to be adjusted soon.

But I guess this post could serve as a spoiler warning to most people as the game is now out in the wild!

On the plus side, you can buy the P5 console bundle when you eventually have the disposable cash? :D

I'd take your time, get it when it's the best option at a comfortable price. You're still going to be playing it way before any of us ;)

Sales figures are in from Japan...

01./00. [PS4] Persona 5 # <RPG> (Atlus) {2016.09.15} (¥8.800) - 264.793 / NEW

02./00. [PS3] Persona 5 # <RPG> (Atlus) {2016.09.15} (¥8.800) - 72.974 / NEW

It also gave the PS4, with the help of the Slim, one hell of a bump.

PS4 = 96.433

3DS = 38.140

PSV = 12.931

Wii U = 2.703

PS3 = 1.099

XB1 = 156

Impressive given that Persona 5 also released on PS3.

Edited by Sheikah

English footage and an interview with the English protagonist VA are up on Youtube, I'll let you find them here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/AtlusUSA/videos

Getting the email about these prompted me to check gaf to see how P5 has gone down. Seen quotes like this.

Either way, the consensus appears to be that it's better than P3 and P4 in terms of both writing and gameplay.

In my 75 hours with Persona 5, I couldn't stop gushing about just how amazing it is. A few niggles aside, it is easily my favourite game in 25 years of gaming. And yes, it really does trump P3/4 in every possible way.

The only real negatives are some people saying the endgame is comparatively (to its own strong start) weak and it feels like they're holding out for a P4G type re-release with a new ending.

:(

Persona 5 Release Date Delayed to April

In a statement, Atlus said “the Japanese release of Persona 5 smashed all our expectations, and as a company, we decided that we owed our fans the very best effort to make Persona 5 our gold standard in localization. Practically, this means redoubling our QA and localization efforts, even returning to the studio to record previously unvoiced lines.”

“We don't want to rush this game,” the statement adds. “And in this case, it meant we needed to move the release back for the last time.”

Alongside the delay, Atlus announced that the Western release of Persona 5 will have dual audio options, with the Japanese voiceover track available as free DLC at launch.

In addition, Persona 5 will be playable in English for the first time at the upcoming 2016 PlayStation Experience, which takes place next month on December 3 and 4 in Anaheim, CA.

Atlus also revealed updated art for the Persona 5 Take Your Heart special edition, which you can check out below. The Take Your Heart edition is still available for pre-order at most major retailers.

P5UpdatedArt.jpg

Last month, Atlus announced Persona 5’s English voice cast, which includes actors known from Super Smash Bros., One Punch Man, Persona 4: Dancing All Night, and many more. For a look at the full list, plus a trailer featuring each character (including new ones added today), check out our Persona 5 English voice cast trailer hub.

Persona 5 was originally announced in 2013 with a winter 2014 release date, and eventually delayed to 2016 at the Tokyo Game Show last year. It launched on September 15 in Japan and, until today, was expected to launch on February 14 of next year in North America and Europe.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/11/16/persona-5-release-date-delayed-to-april