NEurope

It was originally pencilled for late 2014 though, and Persona 4 came out in 2008. The wait for a Persona fan is painful! They should've definitely piped up sooner.

It's not that bad though, and I echo my sentiment from the delays of The Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight - it's better to have a game delayed until they're happy with it, than rushed to meet deadlines and released broken like an Assassin's Creed title or something.

I didn't realise it was meant for late 2014. Yeah, that is disappointing.

Man, if it's getting released in English around the same time, I'm going to plan my whole summer around it. :blank:

It was originally pencilled for late 2014 though, and Persona 4 came out in 2008. The wait for a Persona fan is painful! They should've definitely piped up sooner.

To be fair, you've only been waiting for, like, two years or so? :heh:

To be fair, you've only been waiting for, like, two years or so? :heh:

I didn't say me :p

Atlus USA Games Will Now Be Published by SEGA

In an effort to streamline its business operations, SEGA will now publish Atlus USA games, including Persona 5.

According to Game Informer, Atlus fans can rest assured knowing the studio's branding isn't going anywhere, as the two companies will continue to operate independently.

SEGA SAMMY acquired Atlus parent company Index Corporation in 2013 for the sizable sum of ¥14 billion ($141 million). Shortly thereafter, Atlus commented on the purchase, assuring fans the "relationship will be mutually beneficial for both sides" and serve "to further raise [their] brand."

2016 is a big year for Atlus, with the highly-anticipated fifth installment in its beloved Persona franchise set to launch sometime this summer. While you patiently await its release, find out how Persona 5 differs from prior entries in the series.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/03/31/atlus-usa-games-will-now-be-published-by-sega

I'm assuming as this was published yesterday its not an April fools. If it was then it'd be a bit of a cruel one as I think its great news for Western gamers.

persona5.jp has been updated to include a mystery countdown (321 hours at the time of posting, 5th of May hence the URL)

http://persona5.jp/0505/

Edited by Shorty

please be what we think it is

A count down to let us know the game has been delayed again? :p

Am I being dense, the graphic says 5/5 21:30, but surely by the time that countdown finishes it'll be 5am on May 6th in Japan.... Maybe the countdown is set relative to your browser's local time and it'll actually be ready at 13:30?

Edit: Yeah the show starts in 20 mins and the Main event at 13:30.

This stream is going to re-stream the... stream.

Edit: September 15th 2016 in Japan.

Edit 2: And it looks absolutely amazing.

Edited by Shorty

It looks so slick, the animation and transitions, special effects, attacks, cutscenes, UI... absolutely gorgeous.

Edit: Damn they're going nuts with special editions, DLC, anniversary OST collections.... If they release that CE over here I'll be all over it.

Anime that will air in September too.

High def PV04:

Edited by Shorty

Confirmed to be at E3. I wonder if Sony give this a big presence at their conference.

Looking forward to watching the video tonight. I do hope that they get a good portion of Sony's E3 conference this year, be even nicer if we got some western release dates at the same time.

Finally got around to watching the trailer last night. The game looks stupidly stylish. Amazing stuff. I really wish I liked the series. :(

With this coming out 15th September and then Final Fantasy XV arriving the 30th September, Japan is going to be going all in on the PS4 that month.

I watched as much as a i could bare of teh 4 hour feed, the game looks spectacular! cant' wait until it comes out in September 2018 for Europe

I really wanted a global launch, guess it was too much to hope for from a game in development so long

I watched as much as a i could bare of teh 4 hour feed, the game looks spectacular! cant' wait until it comes out in September 2018 for Europe

I really wanted a global launch, guess it was too much to hope for from a game in development so long

At least you can just import the US version of the game.

At least you can just import the US version of the game.

Thats true! 2017 it is then! :blank: