NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

It's all such fanboyism deserved :)

Are you talking first select midfield or the squad? Chelsea, Spurs and Man City all have better midfields.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

It's all such fanboyism deserved :)

Are you talking first select midfield or the squad? Chelsea, Spurs and Man City all have better midfields.

I'm talking with everyone fit, we've got at least 10 class midfielders.

Walcott

Özil

Arteta

Cazorla

Ramsey

Wilshere

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Podolski

Flamini

Diaby

Rosicky (Edit - I forgot him!)

All but one are proven Premier League players (however he's Europes top assister), not wishful thinking like your lot. Chelsea's midfield is crap, Mikel anyone? And Man City have no where near the depth.

Edited by Ramar

Half of them are made of glass.

Spurs have

Dembele

Sandro

Paulino

Siggurdsson

Holtby

Eriksen

Townsend

Lennon

Chadli

Capoue

Lamela

Do we agree we all play a sort off 5 man midfield. Two midfielder, two wing forwards and a number 10?

First 5

Lamela--Eriksen--Lennon

-----sandro--Paulino

Back up

Chadli--Siggurdsson--Townsend

---------Capoue--Dembele

Spare - holtby.

Most of ours are extremely young and aren't always injured.

I'd take our batch over yours any day. If we could pick and choose I'd take a couple of yours. But the actual midfield paring, the core off sandro, Paulino, Capoue, dembele. Is the best batch by far in the league.

You literally aren't going to see it. But you don't even have a midfielder of Cazorla's quality. There's no one in the Premier League as gifted with both feet as he is. Your new boys are all price tags, yet to prove their worth.

Either way you'll never back down and nor will I. MadDog's already agreed with me. Lets see what the others say.

Half of them are made of glass.

Spurs have

Dembele

Sandro

Paulino

Siggurdsson

Holtby

Eriksen

Townsend

Lennon

Chadli

Capoue

Lamela

Do we agree we all play a sort off 5 man midfield. Two midfielder, two wing forwards and a number 10?

First 5

Lamela--Eriksen--Lennon

-----sandro--Paulino

Back up

Chadli--Siggurdsson--Townsend

---------Capoue--Dembele

Spare - holtby.

Most of ours are extremely young and aren't always injured.

I'd take our batch over yours any day. If we could pick and choose I'd take a couple of yours. But the actual midfield paring, the core off sandro, Paulino, Capoue, dembele. Is the best batch by far in the league.

It's like flogging a dead horse but whatev.

Ours are like glass?

Lennon is never off the treatment table, Sandro just back from missing the whole season, Capoue lasted how many games?

The only proven Premiership midfielder you have is Dembele. The rest are potential only. Not one of yours will be in the team of the year.

It's like flogging a dead horse but whatev.

Ours are like glass?

Lennon is never off the treatment table, Sandro just back from missing the whole season, Capoue lasted how many games?

The only proven Premiership midfielder you have is Dembele. The rest are potential only. Not one of yours will be in the team of the year.

Do you have together involved? :)

You said the same about Vertonghen last year, look how that turned out. I know your football knowledge is based on match of the day. Fine. But don't join in debates when your argument is they're note rom the premiere league... Though how you can sandro isnt premier proven is weird. Siggs been here for 3 years. Lennon for longer than all your players.... But I don't think that's that important. Are they good enough? That's what matters. I'd take Ozili and carzola from your lot, that's it. And carzola would be on the bench.

You literally aren't going to see it. But you don't even have a midfielder of Cazorla's quality. There's no one in the Premier League as gifted with both feet as he is. Your new boys are all price tags, yet to prove their worth.

Either way you'll never back down and nor will I. MadDog's already agreed with me. Lets see what the others say.

Yeah Ido disagree. Hence my opening statement. I said as a whole our batch are much much better. Indivudally I'd take a couple of yours. How are you debating. One v one or then to of them?

And yeah we have a lot of young players who have just arrived in the prem. so. Doesn't cake them worse. The difference most of yours have proved themselves to be average. Ours may not adapt, but they might also be utterly incredible like eriksen looks.

Yeah Ido disagree. Hence my opening statement. I said as a whole our batch are much much better. Indivudally I'd take a couple of yours. How are you debating. One v one or then to of them?

And yeah we have a lot of young players who have just arrived in the prem. so. Doesn't cake them worse. The difference most of yours have proved themselves to be average. Ours may not adapt, but they might also be utterly incredible like eriksen looks.

I'm taking them as they are, this very moment. I wasn't really classing it individually, more as a unit, however to prove a point.

Dembele - Arteta

Sandro - Flamini

Paulino - Cazorla

Siggurdsson - Ramsey

Holtby - Oxlade-Chamberlain

Eriksen - Ozil

Townsend - Wilshere

Lennon - Walcott

Chadli - Podolski

Capoue - Diaby

Lamela - Rosicky

I've tried to match them position for position, forgive me if I've made mistakes.

Underlined are the ones I couldn't decide. I've even given benefit of doubt to Lamela, I know nothing about him, 3 league apperances (as many as Rosicky) this season is hardly enough to judge [which is a point I keep trying to get through to you, but you can't seem to grasp].

I wouldn't swap a single player.

Do you have together involved? :)

You said the same about Vertonghen last year, look how that turned out. I know your football knowledge is based on match of the day. Fine. But don't join in debates when your argument is they're note rom the premiere league... Though how you can sandro isnt premier proven is weird. Siggs been here for 3 years. Lennon for longer than all your players.... But I don't think that's that important. Are they good enough? That's what matters. I'd take Ozili and carzola from your lot, that's it. And carzola would be on the bench.

Roffles.

And you cry like a bitch when I insult you. Oh dear.

I said i'd take Vermaelen as his best over Vertonghen, never did I mention he wasn't a good player. Being that you base match performances on how many corners a team gets, I think it's pretty clear where your football knowledge comes from.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, it's not that your players aren't proven premiership players, more the fact they just aren't good enough.

If Eriksen was really that good, he wouldn't be playing for a mid table premiership outfit :grin:

I'm taking them as they are, this very moment. I wasn't really classing it individually, more as a unit, however to prove a point.

Dembele - Arteta

Sandro - Flamini

Paulino - Cazorla

Siggurdsson - Ramsey

Eriksen - Ozil

Townsend - Wilshere

Lennon - Walcott

Chadli - Podolski

Capoue - Diaby

Lamela - Rosicky

I've tried to match them position for position, forgive me if I've made mistakes.

Underlined are the ones I couldn't decide. I've even given benefit of doubt to Lamela, I know nothing about him, 3 league appearances (as many as Rosicky) this season is hardly enough to judge [which is a point I keep trying to get through to you, but you can't seem to grasp].

Ha. Unlike the rest of those mentioned - presumably you've watched all our games this season so you can judge? (Or have you, perhaps, seen an average of 45 seconds of each player from the highlights on match of the day?)

Embarrassingly one sided fanboy-ism, standard

Ha. Unlike the rest of those mentioned - presumably you've watched all our games this season so you can judge? (Or have you, perhaps, seen an average of 45 seconds of each player from the highlights on match of the day?)

Embarrassingly one sided fanboy-ism, standard

Funny that, I was at the North London derby and I watched the game on Saturday on the box. 2 out of 6 is far more Spurs than I should be watching.

Funny that, I was at the North London derby and I watched the game on Saturday on the box. 2 out of 6 is far more Spurs than I should be watching.

So, two games. I mean, I'd say I'm not in the position to say how good our new players are yet (nor to rate last seasons players in our current setup) after watching 700andsomething minutes of Spurs this season, so I doubt you are.

Lets be honest, there's some real quality in both midfields - when all the new players are settled in it's going to be a cracking game at the Lane come march.

So, two games. I mean, I'd say I'm not in the position to say how good our new players are yet (nor to rate last seasons players in our current setup) after watching 700andsomething minutes of Spurs this season, so I doubt you are.

Lets be honest, there's some real quality in both midfields - when all the new players are settled in it's going to be a cracking game at the Lane come march.

If you/we/us can't judge your players, then my point stands.

I suppose seeing who gets the last Champions League spot holds some mildly vague interest. ;)

I suppose seeing who gets the last Champions League spot holds some mildly vague interest. ;)

I think the Europa league spots will be more interesting this year. Will Moyes be able to overcome his former club and secure a spot for Man Utd or perhaps Michael Laudrup will prevail.

Dembele - Arteta

Sandro - Flamini

Paulino - Cazorla

Siggurdsson - Ramsey

Eriksen - Ozil

Townsend - Wilshere

Lennon - Walcott

Chadli - Podolski

Capoue - Diaby

Lamela - Rosicky

Underlined are the ones I couldn't decide. I've even given benefit of doubt to Lamela, I know nothing about him, 3 league apperances (as many as Rosicky) this season is hardly enough to judge [which is a point I keep trying to get through to you, but you can't seem to grasp].

That is an absolute joke. The fact you prefer flamini over sandro... No point continuing after that moment there. Clearly no objectivity from you. Well i tried having a genuine discussion comparing various midfields...

Edited by dazzybee

That is an absolute joke. The fact you prefer flamini over sandro... No point continuing after that moment there. Clearly no objectivity from you.

Dazzy, at least make an effort.

Ignoring the fact that Flamini was a free transfer because he rejected a new deal at Milan. Why are you so stunned someone would have Flamini over Sandro. Flamini has played a key role for two of the bigger clubs in the world. Regularly playing in massive games. He's shown in the few games since he came back what a player he is.

Sandro is obviously a good player who was playing well before he got injured, he's got a relatively small sample size.

The way you reject immediately out of hand is embarrassing. That football knowledge coming from cBeebies?

He rejected because no one would offer him a 3 season contract. Because he wasn't rated that highly. Arsenal didn't want to sign him. They did for two reasons, one he's not bad, and two, they were desperate. He WAS a very good player, at tops, now heirs a good player. Sandro is so superior its not even close. Why do you talk about big clubs and history etc. all that matters is now. Same with diaby over Capoue, just ridiculous.

But there's no discussing with you two. You have no objectivity towards arsenal and tottenham players. No debate involved. I won't bother trying in future.

You make it sound like you are acting with objectivity dazzybee, but in reality you're just as biased, if not worse!

Phrases like "so superior it's not even close" just stink of delusion. At least Ramar has tried to analyse per position. You just shoot down any suggestion of an Arsenal player being better as "nah he's worse, your football knowledge must come from Match of the Day, wah wah wah wah wah." No debate involved. Just what I'd expect from a Spurs fan :p

Dembele - Arteta

Sandro - Flamini

Paulino - Cazorla

Siggurdsson - Ramsey

Eriksen - Ozil

Townsend - Wilshere

Lennon - Walcott

Chadli - Podolski

Capoue - Diaby

Lamela - Rosicky

@Ramar and @dazzybee, I'll be the un-biased one and choose who I think is the better player. The problem is that you have to take into account form and quality. Siggurdsson and Ramsey are both in great form, for example, but it's hard to decide who is actually the better quality player.

Dembele - Arteta (Arteta is class, though. Probably Dembele just...)

Sandro - Flamini (Based on current form. Flamini is more important to Arsenal than Sandro is to Spurs at the moment)

Paulino - Cazorla (Don't know enough about Paulinho, but I really rate Cazorla)

Siggurdsson - Ramsey (based on current form, Ramsey is a beast right now)

Holtby - Oxlade-Chamberlain (I really like the look of Holtby)

Eriksen - Ozil (A bit unfair to pit these two next to each other, as they've both been very important for their respective teams. In the end, I've gone with Ozil, but had Eriksen been pitted against any other Arsenal player, I'd have gone for him)

Townsend - Wilshere (Draw, slightly leaning towards Townsend based on this season, although Wilshere has a shitload of potential)

Lennon - Walcott (Draw, as both are very hit and miss)

Chadli - Podolski (Draw...although it's a stretch to put Podolski in this category at all)

Capoue - Diaby (Capoue looks the better player, don't rate Diaby at all)

Lamela - Rosicky (Rosicky can be hit and miss, and I really like what I've seen of Lamela)

So, there we have it. Basically, not a great deal in it between the two teams. Both teams have their standout players (Eriksen for Spurs, Ozil for Arsenal) as well as players with excellent potential (Townsend and Sandro for Spurs, Wilshere and OxCham for Arsenal)

Either way, all of these players are absolute dross compared to the superior midfield pairing of Giggs and Jones. Throw in Anderson as part of a midfield three and the title is coming back to Old Trafford.

Wow. Some objectivity. Though I would say flamini being more important doesn't,mean hes better, just that arsenal heave no options, with us having dembele and Paulino on form... I genuinely believes sandro is our best midfielder, and big big clubs will go for him in the summer. People will see how great he is.

Also think some of the comparisons at wrong. Carzola plays more like Siggurdsson and Ramsey and Paulinho are more similar. With that then carzola and Paulino would easily be the choice.

And the reason he pitted eriksen with Ozili is because it's the only one who could best him. I wouldn't say eriksen is better or even as good as Ozili, but I also wouldn't swap him either. Eriksen is 21, that is unreal. Ozili is still a chord age, but still maintain that after the hype, mourino, andelloti and real didn't think he was quite good enough.

Objectivity from Dazzy.

2_gif.gif

How can you be so sure about your new players being that you've seen them play 6 games. Let me guess you've followed Paulinho since he played in Brazil yes? Eriksen aside you knew very little about any of them before they came to Spuds and now after 6 games you've got the best midfield in the league. BANTER.

I don't quite get where you're going with the Ozil/Eriksen point. Eriksen is 21 yes, Ozil is 24. Mourinho called him the best no 10 in the game, so you're misinformed with Mourinho not thinking he was good enough. Ozil was playing for Real Madrid at 21, Eriksen is playing for Tottenham....

Frankly, Trying to compare Eriksen and Cazorla is laughable, then alone Ozil.

I don't think i've ever witnessed you saying a bad word about Spurs, but then you only really venture in here during happy times at the lane. I'm sure most people who frequent this thread would say both myself and @Ramar and other Arsenal fans have often voiced displeasure/concerns/disappointments with the club.

We'll bring this up again in a few months when you're battling for 6th :wink:

Objectivity from Dazzy.

2_gif.gif

How can you be so sure about your new players being that you've seen them play 6 games. Let me guess you've followed Paulinho since he played in Brazil yes? Eriksen aside you knew very little about any of them before they came to Spuds and now after 6 games you've got the best midfield in the league. BANTER.

I don't quite get where you're going with the Ozil/Eriksen point. Eriksen is 21 yes, Ozil is 24. Mourinho called him the best no 10 in the game, so you're misinformed with Mourinho not thinking he was good enough. Ozil was playing for Real Madrid at 21, Eriksen is playing for Tottenham....

Frankly, Trying to compare Eriksen and Cazorla is laughable, then alone Ozil.

I don't think i've ever witnessed you saying a bad word about Spurs, but then you only really venture in here during happy times at the lane. I'm sure most people who frequent this thread would say both myself and @Ramar and other Arsenal fans have often voiced displeasure/concerns/disappointments with the club.

We'll bring this up again in a few months when you're battling for 6th :wink:

Mourino said that when he signed him. He preferred a host of other similar players this summer and not Ozili. Real Madrid were more than happy to let him go and even recently said he doesn't have the right attitude.

Bale was also playing for spurs at 21, what's that got todo with anything. Though it shows your viewpoint clearly, you are incredibly short sighted.

You make it sound like you are acting with objectivity dazzybee, but in reality you're just as biased, if not worse!

Phrases like "so superior it's not even close" just stink of delusion. At least Ramar has tried to analyse per position. You just shoot down any suggestion of an Arsenal player being better as "nah he's worse, your football knowledge must come from Match of the Day, wah wah wah wah wah." No debate involved. Just what I'd expect from a Spurs fan :p

Oh what a surprise. All he gooners sticking up for each other. I was going to do a Breakdown properly, but after the responses i couldn't be bothered, it would be pointless. And I also included Chelsea and Man city, but as always arsenal fans a re fixated with spurs so it became the same old boring bias debate.

I said I'd take ozil and carzola. The goons said they take none. Which is frankly ridiculous and why I can't be arsed. If the goons genuinely think flamini and diaby are better than sandro and Capoue, and Ramsey is better than

Paulinho, and they wouldn't take eriksen or dembele etc Then it just proves everything I believed about their mindset.

Edited by dazzybee
Automerged Doublepost

This season is just a terrible nightmare for me.

Still feeling your pain bro.

5 points from a possible 27, Yet to win a game.

League 2 should be interesting for the both of us.

We'll not be able to keep hold of Jay Emannuel-Thomas if we go down either. Been a fantastic coup for us. Surprised if we keep Baldock either :(

Slippery slope to League 2 derbies with Bristol Fucking Rovers.

Manchester United... I just don't know. My friends who support Liverpool and Arsenal don't even bother texting me with banter anymore. They probably suspect I'm on football suicide watch.

The only little hint of silver lining is see Man City drop points too..

But when I look at the premier league table and see Arsenal & Liverpool in 1&2 I often wonder if I've somehow woken up back in time.

What year is this? ;) (Jokes Jokes [/banter] @Ramar & @MadDog)

I said I'd take ozil and carzola. The goons said they take none. Which is frankly ridiculous and why I can't be arsed. If the goons genuinely think flamini and diaby are better than sandro and Capoue, and Ramsey is better than

Paulinho, and they wouldn't take eriksen or dembele etc Then it just proves everything I believed about their mindset.

I'd take Capoue over Diaby any day. How many games has Diaby actually played in the last 3 seasons anyway*? Not a lot. On the flip side, after the start of this season where Ramsay has been insanely good no one should be saying they'd rather have Paulinho.

Lennon and Walcott are both extremely hit or miss but this season and last Walcott, in my opinion, has been better than Lennon. I'd definitely take him over Lennon.

I'd love to have Ozil and Eriksen in my team but Ozil is the better play here, there's no doubt about it. Eriksen is a fantastic player, he'll be one of the best in the world in a few years, but Ozil is better.

And if @dazzybee calls him 'Ozili' one more time....

*Edit - wiki says 15 last, 5 the one before, 0 this