NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

Dazzy.

u trollin brah?

I remember one shot on goal at best against us. We allowed you as much possession as you wanted in your own half and the centre circle, nothing in the attaching 3rd. Never in a million years did you ever look like winning that game.

Can't speak for your other other performances so I'll take your word for it.

We had more possession, more shots, more shots on goal and more touches in the final third. I admitted we didn't create loads if clear cut chances, but can't argue with that.

We had more possession, more shots, more shots on goal and more touches in the final third. I admitted we didn't create loads if clear cut chances, but can't argue with that.

That's a bit skewed though. Virtually every shot was Kyle Walker threatening the nose bleed seats. There's big a difference between having more touches and dominating a game. You can't really say you've dominated a game when you never looked like scoring.

That's a bit skewed though. Virtually every shot was Kyle Walker threatening the nose bleed seats. There's big a difference between having more touches and dominating a game. You can't really say you've dominated a game when you never looked like scoring.

I agree.

Looking at the stats from our game, it gives you the impression that it was closer than it really was.

For example:

City - United

Total Passes

334 - 478

Passing Accuracy

80.5% - 86.2%

Possession

41.6% - 58.4% - fucking bullshit...

Total Shots

18 - 14

Shots on target

5 - 3

Shots from inside the box

7 - 8

Whereas anyone who actually watched the game would/will tell you that United created fuck all. Plus, the stats also don't take into account when these chances were made. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of these chances that we apparently created weren't done when City were already 4-0 up and had taken the foot off the gas.

Depends on your definition of dominating. I said in the very first post we didn't really create a clear cut opportunity (though we nearly nicked something at the death) so i don't know why you keep bringing this up when I said it. But having more possession, more chances, more touches in the final third (shows it wasn't just holding onto the ball at the back) and twice as many corners as you, shows that we must have been doing something positive. Considering you're meant to be a possession team, the fact we did all this at your ground shows something. For some reason you're in complete denial about the whole thing. You won, that's all that matters, but to give us no credit is just wrong.

Depends on your definition of dominating. I said in the very first post we didn't really create a clear cut opportunity (though we nearly nicked something at the death) so i don't know why you keep bringing this up when I said it. But having more possession, more chances, more touches in the final third (shows it wasn't just holding onto the ball at the back) and twice as many corners as you, shows that we must have been doing something positive. Considering you're meant to be a possession team, the fact we did all this at your ground shows something. For some reason you're in complete denial about the whole thing. You won, that's all that matters, but to give us no credit is just wrong.

I'm not in denial at all, we won the game comfortably. It doesn't matter what our reputation as team is, we set up a certain way to allow you play more with the ball, it worked perfectly.

You can reel of all those stats but at the end of the day we had at least 5 quality scoring chances, you had 1 at best. Not my definition of dominating.

Only one stat matters at the end of the game. Goals scored.

I agree, never denied, in fact it's what i said; but that wasn't the point of my post.

I don't know why I bother trying to have a normal conversation with gooners! :)

Just got tickets to see Celtic - Barcelona! Some more went on sale today and there happened to be a couple seats together.

My first Champions League match ever and only 2nd game at Celtic Park. The previous game was 10 years ago vs Caley Thistle! Can't wait!

Muuuuuch better performance tonight. Very close game, with two sides who were up for it. Rooney was everywhere tonight and looked the business. I liked what I saw of Nani too, he HAS to start ahead of Young.

Smalling and Evans were class at the back. I was a bit worried in the first half when Liverpool saw so much of the ball, but Smalling in particular looked great. He belongs in the heart of defence. On that note, it's good to see Rafael back at right-back.

Only downside for me was the centre-midfield. Giggs and Jones together didn't work and we just about got away with it today. Giggs was on his game tonight. But still, not the type of midfield we should be playing. We looked much better with Kagawa and Nani on the wings, mind.

Why do Spurs have a different sponsor on the league cup kit? That must piss the fans off a bit!

We have done for years now. Only annoying thing is it's a red logo... Not that bothered personally, I won't buy it, and if it means more money for the club, fine.

Why do Spurs have a different sponsor on the league cup kit? That must piss the fans off a bit!

This is normal, usually one or two teams are sponsors.

:bouncy:

I was really surprised by the win percentage stats of Liverpool with and without Suarez. Obviously down to many other factors, but they really don't seem to struggle without him as much as I thought. They should have sold him really.

I haven't seen it said much yet this season but does anyone else hate and absolutely cringe when they see or hear the term "The Special One"?

The master vs the apprentice... (as everywhere is calling it!) can't wait to see how Spurs and Chelsea square up tomorrow! I have had man things for both these men but, at the moment, AVB is my number 1... so hoping for a Spurs win :)

Find it fascinating that these two used to be so close and now don't even consider each other friends. If it was a bit more volatile it would be a brilliant story for English football, especially if Spurs are actually challengers for the title this season, bit of extra needle to the league, probably get Mourinho firing on all cylinders again in his press conferences!

Also inspired me to dust off the 360 and pick up FIFA 14 today...

Just got tickets to see Celtic - Barcelona! Some more went on sale today and there happened to be a couple seats together.

My first Champions League match ever and only 2nd game at Celtic Park. The previous game was 10 years ago vs Caley Thistle! Can't wait!

Where can I buy tickets for Celtic?

Fuck my eyes. A midfield of Nani, Carrick, Anderson and Kagawa. Hernandez and Rooney up front. That's more like it.

If Anderson doesn't start turning up, he should leave after this season ends. He should be starting and producing the goods much more regularly. Only downside for me is Jones starting at right-back.

There's even potential there to take Anderson off (if he doesn't perform) and put Kagawa in the middle.

Ffff that was exhausting. Spurs dominated first thirty, then all Chelsea when Mata came on. The Mata situation seems even more bizarre with each game. Thought we'd steal it after the strange Torres red.

Wouldn't mind giving Defoe a PL start - he's a great season, could thrive from this season's midfield. Love the Erikson / Gylfie duo.

Ffff that was exhausting. Spurs dominated first thirty, then all Chelsea when Mata came on. The Mata situation seems even more bizarre with each game. Thought we'd steal it after the strange Torres red.

Wouldn't mind giving Defoe a PL start - he's a great season, could thrive from this season's midfield. Love the Erikson / Gylfie duo.

Pretty much agree with all of that. Gylfie looks great this season, as does Eriksen. Gutted United didn't try and get him in the Summer.

I missed the other Torres incident from earlier, something to do with scratching. But, his sending off was a bit daft. It looked bad first time around, but then it looked just like a normal aerial challenge when seeing the replays. It's irritating how the only person who makes the decision to send a player off is the same person who can only view the incident once. Replays would have shown the referee that it was a fair challenge.

Had Torres been on, I would have fancied Chelsea to win it, although I could still see it ending 1-1. Good game. Dembele was a beast in that second half.

ooooh, the Man U - West Brom game is getting interesting. I wonder if the West Brom curse will strike David Moyes...

EDIT: I LOVE this season!

Edited by 130131301364

Well done to West Brom for exposing us like the amateurs that we are. Dreadful performance.

Not sure where to begin. That first half was decent, but I can't believe Moyes took off Kagawa. Yes, Januzaj is a fantastic prospect and he looked good in parts, but taking off Kagawa was retarded and we paid for it. The defence were dire, particularly the full-backs. Rio was awful today and Carrick didn't really do an awful lot, didn't do anything going forward and didn't defend well.

We can't score from open play and we can't defend. This is the sort of game you need to be winning if you want to be in the Top 4. Moyes needs to pull his finger out and start learning very quickly or else he'll be out by Christmas.

On the plus side, Kagawa (first half) looked good and Nani and Rooney both looked like they could do something. If Nani AND Kagawa don't start the next game, I'm going to drop a bollock.

What a mad start to the season, looking forward to MOTD tonight.

I thought Moyes would struggle this season but 3 defeats after 6 games. This is a huge test for him now.

Manchester City just can't win away can they, Pellegrini - typical foreign manager underestimating mid table teams.

I had Chelsea down to win the league but they look so average.