NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

We are the cheapest club to support in the FL.

Chuffin good job seeing as we have been wank so far this season. Although I dont know about other clubs in the FL but my season ticket is £300 which i think is not bad.

As for Wilshere, he is over-rated by Arsenal fans but he is still a damn good player. The problem with him is that he's made of glass and I cringe every single time I see him go in for a tackle and not get back up immediately. Unfortunately, I can't see shake off the image in my head of him being another Owen Hargreaves type of player, as in he would be first choice every single time when fit, but fitness being the issue.

Wilshere has been over-hyped not just by Arsenal fans, but England fans in general. It happens every time.

They find a good young player, hype him to the heavens, put a world of pressure on his shoulders and expect him to single-handily save the national team.

Other countries unearth young talent and they quietly go about their business until one day the English media are wondering where all these world-class players came from on the opposition's team.

Also, Wilshere has been unfortunate with injuries but having said that he's not yet like Hargreaves.

He's had a few injuries that turned out to be big injuries, and sometimes he suffered from setbacks. This all started after the 10/11 season, he played a hell of a lot that year and the injuries he sustained afterwards ruled him out for the entirety of the following season. He also missed a large chunk of the year after that too.

It's good to see him slowly getting games/minutes under his belt. The return to form will be a long road but I'm sure he'll get there soon.

Ramsey is a great example, he's had a torrid 2 years after his injury. He didn't have many good performances and for that reason many fans started piling abuse on him, let's not forget the grief he gets from Stoke fans to this day.

My point is that Wenger stuck by him, even when people forgot about him and so far this year (end of last season till now) he's showing what he's capable of and I'm sure that he can only get better from here.

People need to be patient.

They find a good young player, hype him to the heavens, put a world of pressure on his shoulders and expect him to single-handily save the national team.

I'm quietly confident about our 16 year old who's just signed a 5 year contract at Real Madrid turning into the next Ronaldo.

So wait australia have qualified as part of asia, but not as part of oceania?!

Australia wanted better competition in general, instead of dominating Oceania all the time, so they asked FIFA to become part of Asia, footballistically speaking.

[/something I happened to know]

Well well well...

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-24079938

Another footballer who plays for a Sheffield club who reckons he is it and thinks that he is above the law. His twitter account used to make me cringe as he was so full of himself. I always kept seeing him round town. Good job he never saw me Sheff Utd tat. Seems like the prick would have assaulted me!

Gary Madine "the goal machine" my arse. He can join Ched Evans in jail. Im sure that prison team will now have a cracking pair up front.

Edited by Blade

Can't actually believe we got a win today. First winnable away fixture of the season and we took all 3 points, very nice indeed! Level on points with City, Man U and Chelsea. It wont last but this has been a pretty darn good start to the season, especially for a club in 'crisis'.

I don't really think Newcastle are in crisis. They have good players, and a fair amount of stability. I think they're just having a shocking period.

We were on top and I still feel should have won but for shocking finishing. Everton always work hard and I'm always impressed by them. They will take points off other big clubs as well I'm sure.

Can't believe some of the Reffing today, I don't think it was a penalty for United (great goal by Rooney though). Arsenal got away with that second goal being disallowed, they were on top but scoreline may have been different.

Overall, league looking more tight and interesting this year!

I think the controversy in the Altidore 'goal' is a bit blown out of proportion.

• Sagna and Altidore are grappling each other. The ref at this point blows the whistle.
  • Altidore then pushes Sagna away with his hands, a foul.
  • He continues to put the ball in the net.

So should the ref allowed advantage to be played until Altidore commits a foul and give the free kick to us? Should he let play continue and ignore fouls either by both players because one ends up with the ball in the net? Or what he did and blow early for the initial foul.

It's a tough decision. And the only one he got 'wrong' (in some people's opinion) all afternoon.

I think the controversy in the Altidore 'goal' is a bit blown out of proportion.

• Sagna and Altidore are grappling each other. The ref at this point blows the whistle.
    [*]Altidore then pushes Sagna away with his hands, a foul.
  • He continues to put the ball in the net.

So should the ref allowed advantage to be played until Altidore commits a foul and give the free kick to us? Should he let play continue and ignore fouls either by both players because one ends up with the ball in the net? Or what he did and blow early for the initial foul.

It's a tough decision. And the only one he got 'wrong' (in some people's opinion) all afternoon.

I disagree, Altidore just got himself free from Sagna, how is that a foul? Why was Signs not shown a red, last man etc

I disagree, Altidore just got himself free from Sagna, how is that a foul? Why was Signs not shown a red, last man etc

I'd say he uses his hands to push Sagna off.

ibk2VV14JXfW6w.gif

If I'm not mistaken there is no mention of last man in the laws of the game, a red card should be shown if the defender denies a clear goal scoring opportunity. And this is where it gets tricky because at the time of the whistle going both players were outside the box and not straight down the middle. Clear goal scoring opportunity? I don't know. Clearly after he puts it in, that's different.

I think the ref probably should have given himself a few seconds extra to see how play developed. But I don't think it's as straight forward as people say it is.

A clear goal scoring opportunity? I.e merely potential to have a chance at goal? I'd say after Sagna he had a chance at goal which he took so sounds like a red to me.

Also if someone is holding you I think you're entitled to break free which Altidore seems to do.

Jonjo Shelvey having an interesting game for Swansea against Liverpool, scored 1, 3 assists yet the score is 2-2 ;)

Agent Shelvey, until next time.

@MadDog What is the point of Aspas? he is beyond shit. Surely even you would find it hard to say something good about him.

Yeah im not a fan of Aspas at all.

Liverpool were so sloppy and poor in that second half. Got to give it to Shelvey though, he played his heart out for both teams tonight.

Christ, he's played 4 games.

He was barely involved tonight, but that was because we were on the backfoot for the whole time he was on the pitch. Patience, man.

Times like these you need to think about Lucas, who was disgracefully boo'ed at one point of his Liverpool career, and he said himself he was frightened to play at Anfield, now he's one of our best players and leaders.

Times like these you need to think about Lucas, who was disgracefully boo'ed at one point of his Liverpool career, and he said himself he was frightened to play at Anfield, now he's one of our best players and leaders.

To be fair, Lucas was terrible for the first few years of his Liverpool career.

Check out his first touch at 16s and subsequent fantastic strike.

Edited by Charlie

Watched the Man Utd game tonight, it was entertaining stuff. Fellaini actually looked like quite a good signing, Rooney was excellent and even Valencia had a decent game. Also, Man City won a game! Be nice if all four teams could progress through the groups this year.

Watched the Man Utd game tonight, it was entertaining stuff. Fellaini actually looked like quite a good signing, Rooney was excellent and even Valencia had a decent game. Also, Man City won a game! Be nice if all four teams could progress through the groups this year.

Valencia looked great tonight. Best game he's had in a very long time. Just the simple stuff, like beating his man. I've missed seeing him do that.

Liverpool have confirmed Philippe Coutinho will undergo a procedure on the shoulder injury he sustained in Monday evening's 2-2 draw with Swansea City.

The Brazilian was forced from the field during the second half of the contest at the Liberty Stadium following a challenge with Ashley Williams.

After being assessed by the Reds medical staff, it's been decided that Coutinho will now have surgical stabilisation on the AC joint in his shoulder.

Liverpool hope to have the 21-year-old back in contention again towards the end of October.

Gutted. That's a big blow for us. His link ups with Sturridge have been fantastic so far. :(

@MadDog I was there that night and im ashamed to say i boo'd him. We even laughed about doing a whip round to buy his plane ticket home. I vowed to always give players time since that.