Mario Kart 8

New update is live. 221MB

DLC isn't live yet

Oh, and the DLC is out now also.

B2Tq5n_CEAAMUF3.jpg

Mario Kart 8 DLC is 687MB.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

The wait for working day to end now begins. I can't believe i'm actually excited for DLC. Dat Nintendo thirst. :D

Luckily I have the songs from the new tracks to listen to. This will make the day go smoother. :)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

DLC isn't live yet

Um.. it was...

I'm enjoying the new tracks, I was expecting to be disappointed by one or two... I don't know if it's just the freshness.

I was surprised at how wide rainbow road is.. but the ramps and ripples make it just about passable - I'm looking forward to playing these tracks online!

Edited by Pestneb

Um.. it was...

I'm enjoying the new tracks, I was expecting to be disappointed by one or two... I don't know if it's just the freshness.

I was surprised at how wide rainbow road is.. but the ramps and ripples make it just about passable - I'm looking forward to playing these tracks online!

I know, I've been enjoying them too. His numbers quoted are all wrong as well. Mute City is my favourite at the minute, that could change. Using Link but not "The Eponator" which is a shame because it looks deadly. It's impossibru to handle.

How do I get the DLC? I just turned on Mario Kart 8 and went to shop on the menu and it says please wait until release.

Hence my edit :p

Ha, yeah sorry, I'll admit I didn't read that properly, I was busy playing :D

I'm not so keen on the shape of the cups when you win the DLC cups, but aside from that minor aesthetic niggle, I'm liking the new cups, even if they do include one of my weakest mario kart tracks, and mix retro and new tracks!

I guess the DLC was only made available after the update. seieng that mini amiibo icon makes me want to get my amiibo delivered asap!

Also is it only people who purchase the DLC who get villager and isabelle on the front screen? or is that down to the update?

How do I get the DLC? I just turned on Mario Kart 8 and went to shop on the menu and it says please wait until release.

Mine said that too, but the DLC was downloading the the background anyway on the download page.

After that I had to install the update, start the game, then restart the game to auto download the next update.

Go back to menu and restart. It should start auto update.

I'm off mountain biking today, but am now looking forward to getting back and giving this a blast! I saw the orange light on my Wii U this morning and totally forgot it was the Mario Kart DLC day!

No new stamps? Worst DLC ever! ;) Nintendo must have realised they're sh1te and good for nothing.

Then I was thinking if they added new stamps, would they take the gold wheels back off me?

I ususally turn my Wii U off at the plug every night but last night I turned it on and left it on standby in the hope that the DLC would download automatically..

..but it didn't :sad: Ah well.. it's downloading now. Can't wait to try it :yay:

i love what they did with Snes Rainbow road. Very happy with all tracks really.

Edited by Helmsly

SNES Rainbow Road ffuuuuuuu so many bright colours! It's amazing!

Just did a quick play through the new tracks and I'm definitely impressed, I can only hope that there are more packs planned beyond the next. No complaints about the content at all, just the minor niggle about the European pricing but that always happens.

Curious to see what else changed in version 3.0 aside from Amiibo support.

Just played through the new tracks. Good job Nintendo. Love some of the little touches on the new tracks too. Of course the main one is Hyrule Circuit and all the Zelda sound effects, rupees and such. I even noticed that the item roulette sound is changed. F-Zero track is brilliant too, for anyone that hasn't noticed, ride over the strips that usually refill your shield (in F-Zero) if you don't have 10 coins.

And SNES Rainbow Road...still the best RR in the entire series. Fell off twice on my first run. Love it.

Edited by BowserBasher

That Yoshi track is ALL power slides... Nice.

That new (old) Rainbow Road is gonna be ridiculous on a League Night... so much pushing and shoving to be had!

I've just finished a 150cc run of all the tracks playing as Tanooki Mario in the Blue Falcon for the first set and of course Link riding the Master Cycle for the second... Cat Peach? I'm sure she's great but I'll save her for another time. :indeed:

But otherwise the tracks are truly magnificent! :D

I can honestly say that I enjoyed each and every one as they all offer something different from the retro tracks, to the brand new ones but my word... the amount of detail that clearly went into the F-Zero and Zelda tracks is simply astonishing. :)

I'll leave people to enjoy all of the little things about the tracks for themselves, all I'll say is bravo Nintendo because today is truly a great day and if this is the future then I feel proud to have invested in it already. : peace:

I've just finished a 150cc run of all the tracks playing as Tanooki Mario in the Blue Falcon for the first set and of course Link riding the Master Cycle for the second... Cat Peach? I'm sure she's great but I'll save her for another time. :indeed:

But otherwise the tracks are truly magnificent! :D

I can honestly say that I enjoyed each and every one as they all offer something different from the retro tracks, to the brand new ones but my word... the amount of detail that clearly went into the F-Zero and Zelda tracks is simply astonishing. :)

I'll leave people to enjoy all of the little things about the tracks for themselves, all I'll say is bravo Nintendo because today is truly a great day and if this is the future then I feel proud to have invested in it already. : peace:

I'm not sure "pride" describes my feelings, but I'm definitely pleased to have purchased the DLC, shame for those who have chosen to shun the 2 of the best cups in the game.

My one concern is that now the bar is set as high as it is.. will the second set disappoint? I certainly hope not :D anyway, MK8 calls!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I can't stop smiling! :)

This amazing game game just got even better. :yay:

Love how bonkers the DLC is, it's beyond surreal seeing and hearing Link in Mario Kart (although I'm not too sure about the whooping. Link's not American, is he? :heh:). And the new courses... daaaaaaaamn. :o The Mute City track is absolutely incredible, as is the attention to detail on the Blue Falcon kart. :awesome: The Zelda one is great too, and changing the coins to Rupees is a lovely touch. I'm also amazed that they managed to integrate a...

...puzzle into the gameplay on that course too!

:hehe: Hitting the 3 spin boost pillars to unlock that shortcut (complete with the classic Zelda jingle) is utter genius! :bowdown:

And I literally can't play SNES Rainbow Road without getting continuous shivers down my spine throughout the entire race. :love:

Only disappointment for me as far as the new tracks are concerned is Ice Ice Outpost. :hmm: Not really feeling that one, it's just a bit bland both visually and gameplay-wise. :blank:

Also, isn't the Excitebike Arena meant to change layout slightly outside of Time Trials? I've played on it several times now but it always seems to be exactly the same. ::shrug:

Anyway, this is without doubt the best DLC I have ever purchased, and it's only the first part! Nintendo might be behind the curve when it comes to a lot of modern standards in the video game industry, but they've just gone and given a master class in how DLC can and should be done. ;)

: peace:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I can't stop smiling! :)

This amazing game game just got even better. :yay:

Love how bonkers the DLC is, it's beyond surreal seeing and hearing Link in Mario Kart (although I'm not too sure about the whooping. Link's not American, is he? :heh:). And the new courses... daaaaaaaamn. :o The Mute City track is absolutely incredible, as is the attention to detail on the Blue Falcon kart. :awesome: The Zelda one is great too, and changing the coins to Rupees is a lovely touch. I'm also amazed that they managed to integrate a...

...puzzle into the gameplay on that course too!

:hehe: Hitting the 3 spin boost pillars to unlock that shortcut (complete with the classic Zelda jingle) is utter genius! :bowdown:

And I literally can't play SNES Rainbow Road without getting continuous shivers down my spine throughout the entire race. :love:

Only disappointment for me as far as the new tracks are concerned is Ice Ice Outpost. :hmm: Not really feeling that one, it's just a bit bland both visually and gameplay-wise. :blank:

Also, isn't the Excitebike Arena meant to change layout slightly outside of Time Trials? I've played on it several times now but it always seems to be exactly the same. ::shrug:

Anyway, this is without doubt the best DLC I have ever purchased, and it's only the first part! Nintendo might be behind the curve when it comes to a lot of modern standards in the video game industry, but they've just gone and given a master class in how DLC can and should be done. ;)

: peace:

Absolutely agree. Ice Ice Outpost is the one track I don't like. Really boring and it's the narrow track sections that have really put me off it.

Mute City is great as I mentioned earlier.

As is Hyrule Castle. I found it hard to beat the Ghost time trial. Connecting with all 3 crystal switches is really difficult to activate the ramp over the Master Sword. I can't do it consistently.

They're all great tracks. Even SNES Rainbow Road isn't too bad and I hate Rainbow Roads. Maybe it's nostalgia letting me like this one and it's going to cause mayhem in the league.

All very good, top quality stuff. Fix Battle Mode now and it's close to perfect.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost