NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Final Fantasy XV

I really need to get back to 6 at some point. I got a few hours into it on my Vita last year (I think) but dropped off. I've been in the mood to play it again recently but I didn't see the point with XV so close.

I never really got on with VI. I finished it but I didn't think it was anything special. It certainly didn't live up to the hype and praise people lavish upon it.

Game arrived today. Had just enough time to put the disc in and start the download of the patch before going to work, so it's ready by the time I return. Still going to watch the movie first if that's the preferred order, but it leaves a few a hours to try out the game tonight.

Finished the movie last night. Aside from one silly thing at the end, I thought it was a fantastic movie. Will watch again.

Played 5 hours of the game so far, but I'm still in the starting area. There's a couple things I hope improves, but as I said, I'm very early in, so for the most part it's been great so far. Those excited about it won't be disappointed.

Edited by Tales

Order processing. :awesome:

This has been a long long wait. Feels weird.

Conan and Elijah aren't fans..

I'll probably get it when it's inevitably ported to PC. I never finished a Final Fantasy, I just started FF XIII and it looks like I'll not finish that one either, but that's mainly because I was never a fan of the ATB battle system (though appartently FF XIII has a multitude of other issues as well). FF XV's battle system seems a huge step forward.

Dispatched from Simply Games. :yay:

TheGameCollection "processing" and on Twitter they said they would ship Monday. Not holding much hope that the Twitter post was wrong. :/

Nothing for me yet but hopefully soon. Lets just hope they are telling the truth about it being dispatched.

One of the best places tro order from prior to release

Nothing for me yet but hopefully soon. Lets just hope they are telling the truth about it being dispatched.

Agreed.

They've never let me down yet but sods law dictates that now will be the time they do. :D

FFXV just arrived! Now to spend ages downloading the patch :(

Yup. Mine just dropped through the letter box! Chuffed to bits.

Fantastic stuff so far. I've just been driving around while listening to the FFVII soundtrack, tackling monster quests, finding hidden stuff on the map and just generally having fun running around the huge areas.

I've been taking on monsters much higher than my current level. Some of the fights have been taking a while but the combat is so fun that the time just flies by. Being able to hit an enemy, warp away, comeback with a warp strike, combo him with a lance, switch weapon to do big damage with a heavy sword and then unleash a triple set of team up moves feels absolutely amazing. :bowdown:

At the end of one of my fights Promto started singing the FF fanfare. I was laughing my back off. :D

I've been taking on monsters much higher than my current level. Some of the fights have been taking a while but the combat is so fun that the time just flies by. Being able to hit an enemy, warp away, comeback with a warp strike, combo him with a lance, switch weapon to do big damage with a heavy sword and then unleash a triple set of team up moves feels absolutely amazing. :bowdown:

Sounds great. :)

But I'm still worried about the tatical side of combat. I know that there's a "pause" button to choose your magic/attacks but is it really necessary/beneficial? If it's not...I'm not happy :(

Sounds great. :)

But I'm still worried about the tatical side of combat. I know that there's a "pause" button to choose your magic/attacks but is it really necessary/beneficial? If it's not...I'm not happy :(

@Tales would be the better person to ask as he's probably a lot further than what I am. I've not used it yet though.

Just realized that the FFVIII soundtrack isn't unlocked at the start. I need to find that ASAP!

EDIT: Never mind, I've just found it at the first shop in the game. :D

Damn US retailers and their whole not breaking street date thing. I have to wait for Tuesday before I'll get my copy. It isn't even shipped yet.

Damn US retailers and their whole not breaking street date thing. I have to wait for Tuesday before I'll get my copy. It isn't even shipped yet.

Same with TheGameCollection. Annoying as I'm going on a week trip to San Diego with work from Wednesday.

Definitely won't be using them again for preorders.

Same with TheGameCollection. Annoying as I'm going on a week trip to San Diego with work from Wednesday.

Definitely won't be using them again for preorders.

Its just luck of the draw. Sometimes Simply Games are quicker, sometimes The Game Collection. I just go with whichever has the game cheaper.

Its just luck of the draw. Sometimes Simply Games are quicker, sometimes The Game Collection. I just go with whichever has the game cheaper.

A staff member on twitter said they packed the games already but didn't ship them so as not to break the street date. If this is what they're doing now then I'd rather not chance it with them.