NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Final Fantasy XV

Seeing as you only level up while resting, I wonder if it's possible to complete the game without ever levelling up/spending AP.

More than likely yes, people have done low level runs of the other games including no spheregrid single character runs of FFX.

More than likely yes, people have done low level runs of the other games including no spheregrid single character runs of FFX.

I know, but with FFXV I don't know enough yet to determine whether it's possible in this one, too.

I still have a low level run of FFIX on my to-do-list :D

I still have a low level run of FFIX on my to-do-list :D

That's probably for the best. The battles are stupidly slow in that entry of the series. :D

That's probably for the best. The battles are stupidly slow in that entry of the series. :D

Hm, never thought they were. ::shrug:

Played FFXV for three hours now. Loving it. :bouncy: The only thing that's slightly annoying is driving the car. Wish there was more freedom with its controls.

I'm having an inordinate amount of trouble with combat controls. Sprint being bound with attack is silly (though given the nature of dodging and phasing makes some sense) attack being on O is just bizarre. I often find myself warp striking in and then mashing O to try and dodge roll away and instead winding up for a slow greatsword hit.

I think my problem is I'm trying to play it more like an actual action game, which typically use Square as the main attack button.

I think my problem is I'm trying to play it more like an actual action game, which typically use Square as the main attack button.

Are there more button layouts? I've gotten used to the controls, but I think having attack on square and dodge on circle would be nice.

Ok am in the venice type city now.

Making headway on the story. About level 40.

Upgraded my car and chocobos etc. Though teleporting also seems more readily available.

Am really enjoying it. Nearing in on 30 hours played... :grin:

Are there more button layouts? I've gotten used to the controls, but I think having attack on square and dodge on circle would be nice.

There are.....none of them offer that. One does switch Attack to R2 and dodge to L2.

@drahkon cheers mate. What order shall I watch them in?

Probably doesn't matter. I watched the movie first. Got me into the setting a bit. Brotherhood is more about characters.

Edit: 6 hours in, made some progress with chapter 2 but now I'll focus on some sidequests. : peace:

Managed to take down a level 30 Iron Giant at night while only being level 13 myself...in the end it wasn't worth the resources but it was a fun fight :D

Edited by drahkon
Automerged Doublepost

The loading times are atrocious when fast travelling...they were on the verge of becoming really annoying. But I unlocked the Chocobos, so fast travel is something I will stop using so often. Feels like the game has truly opened up now. : peace:

Love using magic to make some fights easier. It's a shame that you have to "craft" magic, though. Still, when I'm in a boss fight or a hunt I always use magic. Especially in conjunction with Wait Mode it's awesome :)

Uhhhh. Was fishing shortly after the first blockade and just hooked a fish and the game threw me into a loading screen..... no progress on the bar yet so I don't know.

Finished the story portion of the game. Will say that the story portion is much weaker than the rest of the game. Though some bits were very good and impressive. Some very clever action scenes in there such as the moving train. Story itself is too basic. Noct has to get to full power mode. Thats it. There is some pointless mystery and nonsense added for no reason. Though the main characters are fun and various side characters are nice too. I did not think a Japanese game would deliver with the cast but they did here.

Overall my opinion has not changed much. Its a superb game. My first Final fantasy single player completion. There is a lot to love here and if i had to pick one aspect of the game that counts most. It would be that its fun to play. The gameplay aspects are just amazing and keep you hooked.

FFXV Update road map

Short term goals

First of all, improve chapter 13. In order to do this we will be increasing the strength of the ring magic etc.

Mid term goals

Improve the story in the second half by having full voiced event scenes. This is mid term goal since they have to localize all the new stuff into several different languages which takes time.

Long term goals

Allow the important characters that appeared in the story to be playable. Also currently determining if they will add an avatar system in the game, where you can create your own character.

Others

New game +, Low level runs, invincibility options, increase font size to make text more easy to read.

Wow. They are pretty much admitting the second half of the game is a mess. Adding new cutscenes is a kick in the nuts to those who have already finished the game and sorting out Chapter 13 should have been blatantly obvious during testing.

Wow. They are pretty much admitting the second half of the game is a mess. Adding new cutscenes is a kick in the nuts to those who have already finished the game and sorting out Chapter 13 should have been blatantly obvious during testing.

WTF, its like creating a new game. All of this stuff should have been put in the first place. It reinforces your point about developers patching things over after release rather than releasing a quality product. This is not just a few bugs either.

I'm getting the game for xmas. Part of me is tempted to wait until the changes are carried out.

WTF, its like creating a new game. All of this stuff should have been put in the first place. It reinforces your point about developers patching things over after release rather than releasing a quality product. This is not just a few bugs either.

I'm getting the game for xmas. Part of me is tempted to wait until the changes are carried out.

If these things do indeed add to the story then I would wait it out and play it once they are in place.

If these things do indeed add to the story then I would wait it out and play it once they are in place.

That's what I will do. I'll immediately stop playing. I think I'll also delete my save game, it's "only" 10 hours in, but with the content being added I might go for a low level run from the start. ::shrug:

Normally I would be pissed with that roadmap and trade the game in right now but I basically got the game for free. The second copy arrived two days ago and I will sell it to a mate :D

Time for me to choose a different game to play. Looks like it'll be the Platinum for Dishonored : peace:

The camera in this game is absolutely dire.

I'm on Chapter 3. And while I'm enjoying it, it feels a bit basic.

Surely with these updates the game was not finished in time for release but Square Enix decided to release it anyway. I feel sorry for those already finished it as they have not experienced the intended finished product.

Doesn't sound like they are adding or changing much. Chapter 13 needs to be shorter not your powers increased. Ravus was a waste of space anyhow and am not sure how more voice lines help? The long term stuff sounds good though but is relevant for the after story game and season pass.

Surely with these updates the game was not finished in time for release but Square Enix decided to release it anyway. I feel sorry for those already finished it as they have not experienced the intended finished product.

No these sound like very minor changes and won't change story complaints. They need to cut down chapter 13 in the story section.

Doesn't sound like they are adding or changing much. Chapter 13 needs to be shorter not your powers increased. Ravus was a waste of space anyhow and am not sure how more voice lines help? The long term stuff sounds good though but is relevant for the after story game and season pass.

No these sound like very minor changes and won't change story complaints. They need to cut down chapter 13 in the story section.

I would say having new scenes in the second half of the game is adding significant content, albeit not gameplay but story.

Looks like I'll be waiting a while before playing Final Fantasy XV then... :blank:

I was on the verge of starting a file on it the other night, just as well I didn't now I guess. ::shrug:

Those are... rather substantial updates, it sounds like they cobbled together part of the game near a deadline and thought

"That'll do... probably, its been ten years, ship it!"

*one week passes*

"You know all that extra work we were going to put in which would delay the game into 2017? Yeah... we're going to add that in and distribute it via a massive patch or several small ones months apart to make the game better."

*everyone at SE groans*

"Why didn't we just do it properly the first time?"

Or something like that... :heh:

I don't know for certain but that's the impression I get, remember when they were talking about not releasing a huge day 1 patch despite there being one anyway? Perhaps that was the patch which was not considered big by them but all this other stuff to come is possibly what should have been there, consequently was not because of their "promise" to keep the size down (which also included putting a lot more on the disc I think?) though perhaps part of the real reason is that they knew it would take longer for them to achieve their original vision for the game.

Either way it sounds like a bit of a mess, let's see how the game looks in say... March 2017? : peace:

Oh wait... yeah, this game is really going to go on the back-burner for a while for me, I might play the other remasters I have before it now, so it's not all bad from a "too many games, not enough time" perspective. :)

I would say having new scenes in the second half of the game is adding significant content, albeit not gameplay but story.

They don't seem to be saying that in the translation I am reading. No new content short to medium term in short.

Also it's probably better if they just cut stuff like most of chapter 13.

Japan haven't taken to kindly to the game. It has had the lowest opening for a mainline Final Fantasy since FFV.

I can't imagine FFXIII helped with the brand's reputation. Or FFXIV for that matter.