NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Final Fantasy XV

I'm playing through Twilight Princess HD at the moment but I don't think I'm going to be able to stop myself switching to FFXV when it comes. Just hoping now that Simply Games send it early so I can get started over the weekend.

That's what I'm hoping. Although I doubt the day 1 patch will be out. :(

I pre-ordered it on the same site that gave me RotTR and DQ Builders a week early. Just looked at the order and it says "status: picklist" whatever that means....(my Horizon order just says "open"). Hopefully there will be a status update tomorrow :p

Anyway, just read the day 1 patch is 7 GB despite the two month delay. I was told Kingsglaive should be watched before the game but I didn't want to watch a movie when I could play this long awaited game instead, I guess that problem is solved now.

Edited by Tales

I was told Kingsglaive should be watched before the game

Didn't even know that.

I know absolutely nothing about the story...Just found out that there are 5 anime shorts, too. Guess I know what I'll be doing next weekend :D

Does anybody else have a "certain" approach to JRPGs? I always tend to spend an insane amount of time in the first few areas with battles to level up a lot. Hopefully the levelling and skill system let me take advantage of my weird habit :laughing:

And often times, when there are optional areas with high-level enemies meant for later I try to figure out whether you can beat them early in the game.

Edited by drahkon

When it comes to RPGs I tend to get caught up in the stories and want to progress as quickly as possible so I can see more. This tends to leave me weaker than I'd like to be in later areas lol.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned that the movie needed to be watched not long after I watched it myself. The story in there is essentially a prequel to the game. The anime also sets up bits and bobs of the story and gives you a feel as to why the group are so close.

I plan on giving them all a second viewing this week.

As for how I play JRPGs, I tend to hang around areas and level up to a stupidly high level before moving on to the next part of the game. This usually keeps me ahead of the curve and allows for a smooth journey throughout.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

The only one I made sure I was a high enough level really was Persona 4 but that was because of the way that game worked really with its calendar system. I could just take a day off from working on a social link to go back into a dungeon, work my way through it again to get the extra weapon at the end.

I should have mentioned I bought the LE, so I get movie along with the game.

As for how I play, I'm not sure :p I guess I move along with the story without being underlevelled, do some sidequest on the way as the pop up. If there something meant to do later, I'll come back then. But I don't know, I'll see what happens when I start playing.

Strange that the trophy list hasn't popped up yet. They better not be any missable ones in the list! JRPGs are notorious for having ones where you need to do all side quests or open every chest, with some of these being cut off after you reach a certain point in the game.

They also better not give any story spoilers away in their descriptions.

Strange that the trophy list hasn't popped up yet. They better not be any missable ones in the list! JRPGs are notorious for having ones where you need to do all side quests or open every chest, with some of these being cut off after you reach a certain point in the game.

They also better not give any story spoilers away in their descriptions.

Check playstationtrophies.org. The thread is called "non spoiler trophy list" or something. They seem straight forward, one is for 80 quests, others are for maxing skills. Impossible to tell if any is missable, but maybe I will be able to tell when my guide shows up. Bought the Piggyback hardcover guide to use for ng+/post game, but I intend to peek in it early to see if they mention anything about missables.

Just let the hidden ones be hidden, so don't read past page 1. It was kinda obvious I guess, but I wasn't too happy about being "spoiled"(could be a well known thing for all I know) for one of the non-story hidden trophies.

Just had a look at the trophies and it seems like a very doable platinum. There may one or two that cause a bit of trouble but there doesn't seem to be any missable ones, at first glance.

I was planning on making this my 150th platinum. Final Fantasy X was my 100th one earlier this year and it would be fitting to make this one my next milestone. I somehow have to push myself and nab 3 platinums before this arrives, though.

there doesn't seem to be any missable ones, at first glance.

Unless you can get locked out of side missions once...

...you enter the second half of the game which is supposed to be linear as opposed to the open-world first half (if I remember correctly).

Unless you can get locked out of side missions once...
...you enter the second half of the game which is supposed to be linear as opposed to the open-world first half (if I remember correctly).

Hmmmm. True.

Look at you, showing off your Mayo platinum on your trophy card. :D

Look at you, showing off your Mayo platinum on your trophy card. :D

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions on the Vita, doing all the co-op levels solo?

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, completing a one-hit = death run on hard mode?

Too easy.

My Name is Mayo Platinum, that's the real deal :D

I guess I know what my pre order site is from now on. FFXV is incoming :yay:

Could be here tomorrow, or the day after, it's anyone's guess but I'm guessing the latter. Unfortunatly I have the late shift so I won't have it until 9 pm anyway, enough to watch the movie and play the tutorial. I have three vacation days left, but I'm going to ask to get Monday to Wednesday off as no one likes to get up at 6:30 am.

I guess I know what my pre order site is from now on. FFXV is incoming :yay:

WOW! Super early for you, then. That happened with Tomb Raider for you as well, didn't it? Jammy git. :p

I demand impressions as soon as you play it!

Sorry, won't do you any good to know unless you want to emigrate :p

As it happens...

Watching Kingsglaive at the moment. It's doing a great job getting me hyped for XV. I want to kill me some Nippleheimers!

Watching Kingsglaive at the moment. It's doing a great job getting me hyped for XV. I want to kill me some Nippleheimers!

I loved it to bits. The final battle was awesome, as were the little nods towards FFVII. :D

I loved it to bits. The final battle was awesome, as were the little nods towards FFVII. :D

From what I read the tentacle monster was a boss from 6 as well.

I really need to get back to 6 at some point. I got a few hours into it on my Vita last year (I think) but dropped off. I've been in the mood to play it again recently but I didn't see the point with XV so close.