NEurope
Cube

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Come on lads give me the cred for calling it a couple weeks back yeah?

Also, CDPR have been talking about 'a new type of video game format previously unexplored by the Studio'. Gwent standalone release? Perhaps along the lines of the Pokemon Trading Card Game for gameboy? You heard it here first....

@Fierce_LiNk you might want to take off your pants so you don't ruin them.

Rumour: Gwent set to be a standalone game.

146539413474.jpg

Eurogamer.net

Hnnnngngggggggggnnngggg. My fucking heart.

I'm going to be devastated when I get to the end of Blood and Wine and have no more other cards to collect or quests to embark on. A standalone Gwent will soften the blow.

I will lose my shit if we ever get a remaster or recreation of the Witcher 1 and 2 in the style of 3. The graphics and gameplay being reworked to work with the same engine and mechanics. It's never going to happen, but...oh my, a man can dream.

Blood and Wine has been amazing, so far. I pretty much fell asleep yesterday with the controller in my hand. So tired...but want to play moar. Dis fuckin' game.

Well, exams are coming up in 5 weeks so I figured: The perfect time to finally give The Witcher 3 another go :D

CD Projekt RED improved the frame rate a lot, didn't they? Impressive. And the menus are a lot smoother and clearer. : peace:

Done the tutorial area and encountered the Griffin for the first time. Looking forward to spending more time with the game tomorrow :)

@kav82 were you playing this for the first time last night?

Yeah. After being mega hyped for the game prior to its release I thought I'd have played it earlier (especially seeing how I bought it on release) but thanks to Destiny and Nintendo I feel out of love with gaming and never felt like starting it.

I just didn't want to play any big or story driven games.

But last night I fancied starting it. I'm glad I started feeling like getting stuck into a big game again!

1 1/2 hours in.

As per usual I told the main quest to fuck right off and went exploring :laughing: I'm surprised I remember so much even though it's been a long time since I've played this...It's a good thing that I don't remember the details, so it's not boring :)

Difficulty is set to Death March, of course. Will look up what trophies are missable and how to avoid missing out on them. Other than that I'll simply enjoy the game.

Something I won't do: Play The Witcher 3 in long sessions. I feel that has burnt me out on it the last time.

Something I won't do: Play The Witcher 3 in long sessions.

He said and played 4 hours straight...:laughing:

Finished White Orchard and managed to defeated the Nilfgaardian Nobleman in Vizima Castle in a round of Gwent.

Fucking Christ that took a bit...I had a tactic down but I was unlucky so many times...eventually I managed to beat him and got a new leader, who doubles siege cards' attack power. With the starting deck, that is HUGE.

Now that the game has opened up I definitely will have to reduce the session time otherwise I'll get burnt out again. :hmm:

And that is Witcher 3: Blood and Wine complete

The only real difficulty i had was with the final fight with Dettlaff, in his 2nd phase (he turns into a flying bat thing). That was a toughy, as he flys around dive bombing you. Quen doesn't protect you fully either. Stages 1 and 3 were easy enough, not a real issue. Otherwise it was good. Loved the new area, loved the missions. Did fully upgrade my Vineyard over upgrading my armour/weapons. To be honest, you don't need to upgrade to the final level on the armour. It's very possible to do it with Mastercrafted stuff, or anything from Heart's of Stone.

Honestly, the final boss was the only time i needed to tone down the difficulty to get it done.

There is a chance to romance Syanna, if you go down the route to hand her over to Dettlaff. If not, the chance is lost.

It's a bit sad now. The game is done, all possible missions are done. Now i feel a void within now.

I got the "Tragedy" ending, where Syanna killed Anna, and Syanna was killed by the Guards.

Also

Had Ciri arrive at the end, as a Witcher. Have heard that Yennifer or Triss would arrive instead if you romanced them at the end of the main game.

Edited by Jimbob

Don't mind me, just came here to say:

Gwent is love. Gwent is life.

Don't mind me, just came here to say:

Gwent is love. Gwent is life.

You enjoying it then? :D

Where are you now?

You enjoying it then? :D

Where are you now?

I love it :D Really hope that Gwent standalone game will be announced at E3.

I've reached Crow's Perch and started the Baron questline. But I'm off doing witcher contracts, side quests and looking for undiscovered locations. :)

It's going to be a while until I'm back at the point where I stopped playing months ago (I think I did several quests in Novigrad).

I love it :D Really hope that Gwent standalone game will be announced at E3.

I've reached Crow's Perch and started the Baron questline. But I'm off doing witcher contracts, side quests and looking for undiscovered locations. :)

It's going to be a while until I'm back at the point where I stopped playing months ago (I think I did several quests in Novigrad).

Can't believe you stopped at Novigrad. I fell in love with that place and wanted to explore everything there. It's really well designed.

Did you buy the expansions?

Did you buy the expansions?

Can't afford them right now, sadly :(

Maybe I'll save them for cold Christmas days :)

Just finished Heart of Stone, really nice piece of DLC.

Good to see Shani again and the Professor reference was pretty cool. The toad and caretaker bosses were nice and I found both Olgierd von Everec and Gaunter O'Dimm to be interesting well written characters.

Looking forward to starting Blood and Wine now. :grin:

look up what trophies are missable and how to avoid missing out on them. Other than that I'll simply enjoy the game

In my opinion this is the worst thing to come out of the 360/PS3. It just spoils the game when you have to look up stuff. Especially an RPG, defeats the entire concept of role playing. One trophy in particular popped up on Heart of Stone, which I got by chance but could easily have missed if I'd chosen differently. It was absolutely nothing to do with 'completion', just got on my nerves. Is there a way of just turning the damn things off?

It just spoils the game when you have to look up stuff.

Well, you don't have to.

As someone who likes to get all trophies on games I love I look up things about them, but only when it's a game that could easily take 100+ hours to complete.

I don't know how to spend my ability points :( I've put 3 points into the first Axii slot (being able to have extra dialogue options is one thing I always go for) and spent 5 to upgrade Igni.

I've tried some alternate sign modes but I don't like them. This time around I also don't need more points in Quen. My combat tactics are basically evade, quick hit and Igni.

I need more points in the sign tab, though, because I want to upgrade Igni with the last two abilities...

Igni was my main sign during my first playthrough. With the final upgrade (100% burn chance) it's great at stunning large group of enemies by literally putting them on fire. Then hit each of them once as they run around like headless chickens, evade, lure them together and repeat.

On Death March difficulty I found the best ones were mind control (sorry forgotten the names :heh: ) for groups - just get them attacking each other and the shield for one on one fights. I think once my shield was upgraded it was more or less constantly there so if I messed up my timing then it didn't matter if they hit me anyway.

With the final upgrade

That's the problem. Unless I put points in abilities I don't use I won't get the final upgrade...

Right now the fights go quite well, so I'm thinking about putting points into the combat tree instead of wasting them. But I don't want to miss out on the Igni abilities :laughing:

On Death March difficulty I found the best ones were mind control

I think I'll give that one a try. I use Axii quite a lot in fights to stun enemies. Might be a wise choice to have the alternate sign mode available.

In other news: I've defeated the Gwent players from the Gwent quest which had me play against some serious opponents. : peace:

Now it's time to complete the Baron quest as I'm already 3 levels above the recommended level...

Just started Blood and Wine. The new region looks awesome, looking forward to all these new abilities and gear.

Another Witcher 1 reference right at the start, Lady of the Lake. I never did get the best sword or 'card' off her in the first game, maybe now is my chance. :p

It's unbelievable how good the sidequests are.

I've done one in which you have to lift a curse from...

villagers turned into pigs

:D

And, despite its funny nature, it was actually a good story.

I'm now at level 10, done a couple of sidequests and the Baron storyline. Now it's time for some more sidequests, witcher contracts and undiscovered locations.

Still haven't set foot into Novigrad or Oxenfurt :grin:

The sidequests and the witcher contracts are amazing. It shows if done properly how enjoyable doing side quests can be. Only Majoras Mask has achieved something similar.

Is GWENT a free game?

GWENT is a free to play game offering optional in-game purchases

Gwent FAQ.

You're allowed to offer booster packs but please, fucking please don't make collecting cards a looooong grind.

It's what turned me away from Hearthstone even though that game is awesome. Spending hours to get one card pack just to find out that the desired cards aren't in there is annoying.

I really thought this game was a 15-20€ priced full release without in-game purchases...

Gwent FAQ.

You're allowed to offer booster packs but please, fucking please don't make collecting cards a looooong grind.

It's what turned me away from Hearthstone even though that game is awesome. Spending hours to get one card pack just to find out that the desired cards aren't in there is annoying.

I really thought this game was a 15-20€ priced full release without in-game purchases...

Yeah thats disappointing. I would much prefer if to be a full priced release.