N-Europe

Halo 5: Guardians

Retro_Link

If it wasn't for Destiny, I'd be gagging for Halo. Enough to think about getting an Xbone. As it is, I have my fix and I'm invested in it for the long run.

Also, 343 aren't a studio that I felt have really justified themselves in terms of quality.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I feel it's really lacking the contrasting calm-and-the-chaos vibe of the previous Halo cinematics. Master Chief was always an action hero but he was pragmatic about it, he didn't revel in it.

Just feel like it's missing the spirit of Halo but it's just the opening cinematic so I'm almost definitely reading too much into it.

I feel it's really lacking the contrasting calm-and-the-chaos vibe of the previous Halo cinematics. Master Chief was always an action hero but he was pragmatic about it, he didn't revel in it.

Could be because all the early Spartans were kids and raised to be like that. These new Spartans are adults who have quickly became Spartans and probably cocky about all the new power they have.

• 2 weeks later...

I may get an Xbone for this. Really liking what I've seen so far of the game.

Like Charlie, I'm more interested in the competitive multiplayer side of things. I used to play the Halo 3 multiplayer religiously back in the day and got to a pretty high ranking. I had a large groups of friends who I played with which made it all the more fun.

Unfortunately they really dropped the ball with Reach and most of my friends stopped playing. Halo 4 was a step in the right direction, but the player base was lacking and I didn't really have anyone to play with.

If we can form an NE community like the one we have for Destiny, I can see this being a lot of fun.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm likely gonna cave tomorrow and buy it, but after Master Chief Collection I don't know if I want to support another potentially broken 343i release straight away. Things seem okay so far, but the game hasn't gone on general release yet... Feels like a wait and see approach will be best, but the Halo tool in me is craving...

I'm likely gonna cave tomorrow and buy it, but after Master Chief Collection I don't know if I want to support another potentially broken 343i release straight away. Things seem okay so far, but the game hasn't gone on general release yet... Feels like a wait and see approach will be best, but the Halo tool in me is craving...

People are saying it's working really well.

I'll be online from 6:30-8pm and 9:30-onwards. Welcome to join us, there'll be 3 of us playing so would be good to get a 4th.

I'll be trading this in after I've done the campaign. I enjoyed Halo 4's Spartan Ops but I've absolutely no desire to play online and Warzone just doesn't cut it I'm afraid. I did have a go, but I had no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

There's nothing to do after the campaign is finished that interests me.

This has been brilliant so far. I'm not particularly interested in Warzone but the arena feels like Halo 2 and 3 all over again.

I think there is a lack of variation with games though, there are only 4 game types (Slayer, CTF, Strongholds and Breakout) which is far lower than previous Halo games where you also had assault, VIP, oddball and King of the hill. In previous games you also got 1-flag CTF, 1-bomb etc that expanded upon those game types. Rumour has it that assault and oddball will be coming. It would be nice if there were some more playlists too.

The maps all feel the same too as they're all indoor UNSC maps. It feels like they're holding back on outdoor maps so people play Warzone. I hope when they release BTB in a few weeks we'll get some larger outdoor maps that have vehicles on them. If they don't release new maps soon I do think the appeal will drop.

This has been brilliant so far. I'm not particularly interested in Warzone but the arena feels like Halo 2 and 3 all over again.

I think there is a lack of variation with games though, there are only 4 game types (Slayer, CTF, Strongholds and Breakout) which is far lower than previous Halo games where you also had assault, VIP, oddball and King of the hill. In previous games you also got 1-flag CTF, 1-bomb etc that expanded upon those game types. Rumour has it that assault and oddball will be coming. It would be nice if there were some more playlists too.

The maps all feel the same too as they're all indoor UNSC maps. It feels like they're holding back on outdoor maps so people play Warzone. I hope when they release BTB in a few weeks we'll get some larger outdoor maps that have vehicles on them. If they don't release new maps soon I do think the appeal will drop.

I agree on many of these points, especially the game type variety and map variation - it's all very samey and would benefit from some new stuff early on.

As for Warzone, I thought it was a mess at first, but I'm really digging it after sinking a few hours in. I actually think I prefer it to arena at the moment which I never thought would happen. I actually used vehicles for the first time in a Warzone match yesterday and I've never willingly used 'em before in past titles.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the unlikely return of Headhunter, the greatest thing about Reach and some of the most ridiculous fun I've ever had in Halo multiplayer.

How did people find the single player? I really enjoyed it but seems its got a fair bit of flack around the internet. As someone who played 3,4 and ODST for the first time as part of the Master Chief Collection I certainly think this was up there. 343 have managed to nail that Bungie loop of 30 seconds of awesome combat repeated.

I've literally just this moment finished the campaign on Legendary difficulty...

...solo of course. :awesome:

Quite honestly? I enjoyed it, in the same way that I enjoyed Halo 2 but then with the knowledge that surely the next instalment, the "final" one will be even better. :)

It had some decent moments though, the gameplay has been changed up sufficiently so that it feels fresh, alternating between two characters brings up yet more memories of Halo 2 except the divide isn't equal; I'm hoping for more Master Chief stages for the final instalment, this will likely be a given. :heh:

As for the multiplayer? Of course I'll partake but like any online multiplayer game, it likely won't keep me hooked for long but I look forward to trying it out and of course avoiding all those awful microtransactions as if they were the Flood. :indeed:

How did people find the single player? I really enjoyed it but seems its got a fair bit of flack around the internet. As someone who played 3,4 and ODST for the first time as part of the Master Chief Collection I certainly think this was up there. 343 have managed to nail that Bungie loop of 30 seconds of awesome combat repeated.

There's a single player? :)