• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nintendo are knocking it out of the park lately. Let's hope we get it for free

It's worth noting the following:

-All Virtual Console features are not yet functional

-It's not re-rendering

-It's only available until the end of June

Woah! The fuck!? I wasn't expecting DS VC games till next year!!! :o

So this seems like a 3DS Ambassador style release in order to encourage people to update their Wii U.

It's lacking all the features you would expect from the VC (save states, button mapping, screen flipping etc) and they're going to be added later on. (From the way they put it, it sounds like the DS VC will be hitting proper later this year, instead of 2015 though :D )

Here's hoping that HD rendering is one of those future features!

Hey @Serebii You have a JPN Wii U don't you?

Can you check and see if Download Play is supported in this version of Brain Training with a physical DS or 3DS (doing DS Download Play of course).

It could be that is something coming at a later date, but still... if you would please try it :)

Edited by Dcubed

Woah! The fuck!? I wasn't expecting DS VC games till next year!!! :o

So this seems like a 3DS Ambassador style release in order to encourage people to update their Wii U.

It's lacking all the features you would expect from the VC (save states, button mapping, screen flipping etc) and they're going to be added later on. (From the way they put it, it sounds like the DS VC will be hitting proper later this year, instead of 2015 though :D )

Here's hoping that HD rendering is one of those future features!

Didn't they always say we were getting them in the summer?

Hey @Serebii You have a JPN Wii U don't you?

Can you check and see if Download Play is supported in this version of Brain Training with a physical DS or 3DS (doing DS Download Play of course).

It could be that is something coming at a later date, but still... if you would please try it :)

My Japanese Wii U isn't hooked up or updated atm, but I had a friend check and they couldn't get it working

My Japanese Wii U isn't hooked up or updated atm, but I had a friend check and they couldn't get it working

Cheers. Disappointing, but not unexpected considering that this is an unfinished "ambassador" release here.

I would hope that they would include it in the final release, considering that there are no technological barriers whatsoever here. After all, the Wii U actually already supports DS connectivity and DS Download Play in Wii Mode, so the functionality is already there inside the hardware; they just need to actually make use of it!

Hopefully the guys on the Japanese Miiverse community are making as much noise about it as I am. We all want to see the DS Pokemon games being able to get re-released on the VC now don't we ;)

We all want to see the DS Pokemon games being able to get re-released on the VC now don't we ;)

Oi! Speak for yourself.

Diamond and Pearl have aged really badly after 5th and 6th gen. I don't think I'd shell out for those.

Still, Brain Training for free I would get behind. Bet we won't get it here.

Oi! Speak for yourself.

Diamond and Pearl have aged really badly after 5th and 6th gen. I don't think I'd shell out for those.

Still, Brain Training for free I would get behind. Bet we won't get it here.

So Platinum it is then ;) (not to mention Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Black & White 1 & 2, Pokemon Ranger 1-3, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 1 & 2, Pokemon Typing...)

Wii U and 3DS owners, get ready for a big ol' blast from Capcom's past! FIFTEEN classic titles will arrive on both the North American and European eShops later this year, including a few that haven't been available for quite some time. We also have news on some additional titles a bit further out with dates to be confirmed later.

So happy to announce both Demon's Crest and Breath of Fire - two of my favorite SNES games - will find a new home on the Wii U eShop. They'll do so alongside the highly requested Mega Man 7 and X3, both of which came out late in the SNES' lifespan; if you missed them in the '90s (or the 2004 collection), 2014's your chance!

GBA games are a relatively new addition to the Wii U eShop. Happy to say Capcom has a lot to add to this service, including Mega Man Zero, Battle Network and Battle Chip Challenge. Zero 2 and Battle Network 2+3 are also planned, but they're a bit further out. While they may not make 2014, we thought you'd like to know they're in the works.

These have been out in Japan for a while, but today we can finally confirm Street Fighter 2010, Gargoyle's Quest II and Mighty Final Fight are on their way to the NA/EU eShops. For NA, we can confirm these are coming to 3DS and Wii U, while currently EU can confirm Wii U (with 3DS dates TBD.)

However, Mega Man 5 and 6 will arrive on the Wii U in both regions, completing the NES series on that platform. Speaking of the Blue Bomber...

we can confirm the Game Boy Mega Man titles will come to the EU 3DS Virtual Console later this summer, currently targeted for August. These were part of "Mega May" here in North America.

Capcom I love you! Megaman 7 and x3! The Battle Network games! Megaman Zero!

E3 baby. E3.

21 FUCKING CAPCOM GAMES!?

MOTHER FUCKING DEMON'S CREST!?!?!?

ibcUCACViXa58d.gif

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

My number one most wanted Capcom VC game!?!? :bouncy:

TODAY IS A GOOD FUCKING DAY!!!! :yay:

Also the release of Breath of Fire is particularly notable... (Pay attention @Serebii) because the rights to the original SNES version are actually co owned by Capcom and Square Enix (Squaresoft published it originally), meaning that this will also be Square Enix's first western VC release! :yay:

Edited by Dcubed

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!