N-Europe

Wii U VC

madeinbeats

Megaman 2 doesn't need extra saves, that game has passwords for everything except the final levels. You're probably thinking of Megaman 1, which had no passwords, and was way more difficult than the rest of the series.

I'm talking about all of the original series. All of them are quite unforgiving so a save state is a welcome feature, despite having a password system.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm talking about all of the original series. All of them are quite unforgiving so a save state is a welcome feature, despite having a password system.

No doubt on this brother. I played MM2 on a device with savestates...I would have probably killed myself if I didn't have the feature @Jonnas! Tbh though it's just that I'm not as hardcore as I might have been a kid.

Meh, I just don't see why I would use save states in a game with constant checkpoints ::shrug: It's one thing to have them when the game doesn't have passwords or saves, but when the price of death is to be set back a few screens, it really isn't much of an issue.

It's possible you're talking about stuff like disappearing blocks, but even those have in-game workarounds. In fact, what I like about Megaman is that you can do levels in the order you prefer, so if you find a level too difficult, come back later with better weapons or items.

Also, you're making it sound like Megaman 2 has Contra or Battletoads levels of difficulty. It really doesn't :heh:

Now you're being ridiculous :p Last time this happened, we got the MegaMan games

I hope you're right. I don't think we'll get anything, but be nice to get something amazing. I'm not too fussed, my life is utterly insane until September so I say just wait and splurge from then nintendo!

Well ive discovered that no one were fibbing when they were saying Megaman II is difficult.

I was that shite that I didnt even have the chance to use the save feature.

You should explore the game by yourself, so I won't tell you who to start with. But I will say who you should leave for later: Quick Man and Heat Man.

If you decided to give those guys a go, yeah, their stages feel like brick walls at first.

Kirby's Dream Land™ 3 is our Virtual Console release this week

POYO!!!

tumblr_mbw6nxvFVP1qlxwcdo1_250.gif

About frickin' time! Shame that Mega Man X isn't also coming this week, but we're only one game behind the US now (they're playing catchup with us and are getting Kid Icarus this week), so that's not too bad :)

Here's hoping that they start bringing over more games from the JPN Wii U VC soon! (Super Mario Kart, Final Fantasy 6, the Fire Emblem games, Secret of Mana, Kirby Super Star Stacker and Panel de Pon would be much appreciated Nintendo ;) )

Edited by Dcubed