N-Europe

Wii U VC

madeinbeats

@Blade Mega Man is one of the classic franchises of the NES and SNES eras. Great gameplay, cool graphics, awesome music. On the same level as Marios, Zeldas, Castlevanias etc. If you haven't yet played one, go to the VC and educate yourself.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive never played Megaman.

Whats it about?

Mix Mario, Samus and Kirby, paint him blue, tone down the exploration, tune up the difficulty.

A man...

... who is 'mega' :heh:

---------------------

Serious answer - Mega Man is a well known action platforming series of games which sees you taking control of the 'blue bomber' - who was created by Dr. Light - as he goes up against the evil Dr. Wily who has built '8 robot masters to try and take over the world...' yadda-yadda-yadda...

You get to choose which order you tackle the stages in, at the end of each stage you will fight one of the robot masters, defeating them upgrades your standard blaster so that you can use their power; each boss is weak against one of the others power so finding the 'perfect route' is all part of the fun. :)

Once you beat them all, usually you will get a final stage known as 'Dr. Wily's Castle' which is one huge stage that's tougher than the rest, will usually pit you against all of the robot masters again before you do battle against the final boss.

Mega Man games tend to be very challenging but due to there being save state features on the VC games you can choose to make things a little easier on yourself by reloading your save assuming that it's recent but it's still considered quite a trial no matter which way you play; but the rewarding feeling that you get from beating the games is unlike any other, which is why I would recommend playing the Mega Man games as they are fantastic. : peace:

@Blade Mega Man is one of the classic franchises of the NES and SNES eras. Great gameplay, cool graphics, awesome music. On the same level as Marios, Zeldas, Castlevanias etc. If you haven't yet played one, go to the VC and educate yourself.

Consider yourself well informed about Mega Man now Blade. :D

Honestly though, go ahead and download one of them, you don't know what you're missing. : peace:

Makes it a bit more difficult this time, as there's no Fire Emblem -related community in Miiverse and the General Comunity Nintendo @E3 2013 Community has now been closed.

If you are not planning on going to Japanese side, that is. Doubt they'll bother translating these games for Virtual Console. Remakes, on the other could be possible, as Awakening actually sold more that they projected.

Before that, the series has been in heavy decline.

Makes it a bit more difficult this time, as there's no Fire Emblem -related community in Miiverse and the General Comunity Nintendo @E3 2013 Community has now been closed.

If you are not planning on going to Japanese side, that is. Doubt they'll bother translating these games for Virtual Console. Remakes, on the other could be possible, as Awakening actually sold more that they projected.

Before that, the series has been in heavy decline.

DING DING DING! That's where I'm going! I'm not expecting them to listen, but it's the best chance we're probably ever going to get to see the original games get localised so there's no reason not to try!

FE is more popular than it has ever been before thanks to FEA. Might as well strike while the iron is hot! (plus they've localised a big chunk of the character names, thanks to their inclusion in FEA's DLC - so some of the localisation work is already done now :) )

You know the Fire Emblem series almost got totally cancelled? Awakening would have been the last game if it hadn't done so well so why would they have localised the VC versions?

Since Awakening did so well it might improve our chances, so I'll support it (well, I was going to anyway). It'll be a good way to tide us over until Awakening 2.

Thats why it got me thinking that Wii U may not get a Fire Emblem game for a while. As FE was in decline before Awakening, and Wii U is certainly more expensive to develope for than the 3DS. Intelligent will probably stick with 3DS, since no one really knows if this is one-game-success only or can they expand the audience eve more.

Personally, would be great to see Awakening hitting 1 million. According to VGChartz, it's at 950k right now, so not much left anymore. Also, it's the second best-selling in the franchise after FE for GBA, which stands at 970k.

EDIT: Speaking of Wii U, Hitoshi Yamagami from Intelligent just said that Fire Emblem for Wii U will need to sell at least 700k to be worth it. Think it's not coming for a while now.

Edited by Andyliini

*Puts Fire Emblem hat on*

Now, Thracia 776 (the fifth Fire Emblem) is a terrible game to start localising right now. It is a very hard game, unusually complex for the series and really hard to get into.

Furthermore, it is a sidestory. The plot begins with "during this plot twist from Fire Emblem 4, Characters A and B from the Kingdoms of X and Y did this and that. And now, to what Leaf was doing...". It's supplemental material. It's releasing the sequel before the first game. Furthermore, it's obscure, even for Japanese fans.

Now, Fire Emblem 4 is a worthier fight. There are a few controversial issues with that game's plot (it's basically Game of Thrones as an actual game :heh:), so Nintendo is probably reluctant to translate it. They would probably sooner translate Fire Emblem 3 or 6 (simpler plots, simpler gameplay, characters are more well known, etc.), but if fan demand says they would like to play 4, I think Nintendo would listen.

Thats why it got me thinking that Wii U may not get a Fire Emblem game for a while.

*ahem*

*Puts Fire Emblem hat on*

Now, Thracia 776 (the fifth Fire Emblem) is a terrible game to start localising right now. It is a very hard game, unusually complex for the series and really hard to get into.

Furthermore, it is a sidestory. The plot begins with "during this plot twist from Fire Emblem 4, Characters A and B from the Kingdoms of X and Y did this and that. And now, to what Leaf was doing...". It's supplemental material. It's releasing the sequel before the first game. Furthermore, it's obscure, even for Japanese fans.

Now, Fire Emblem 4 is a worthier fight. There are a few controversial issues with that game's plot (it's basically Game of Thrones as an actual game :heh:), so Nintendo is probably reluctant to translate it. They would probably sooner translate Fire Emblem 3 or 6 (simpler plots, simpler gameplay, characters are more well known, etc.), but if fan demand says they would like to play 4, I think Nintendo would listen.

Well obviously I'd want them to start with Shadow Dragon on NES and then work through the rest of the series in order. That's why I always ask for the entire series to be localised, regardless of which community I post in. Just translating one game is silly. If they're gonna do one, might as well do em all!

Plus of course Shadow Dragon already has a full localisation already done for DS that they can just adapt to the NES version, so it would be by far the easiest one to do to start off with (which they can then reuse again for the first part of Mystery of the Emblem ;) )

Edited by Dcubed

Well obviously I'd want them to start with Shadow Dragon on NES and then work through the rest of the series in order. That's why I always ask for the entire series to be localised, regardless of which community I post in. Just translating one game is silly. If they're gonna do one, might as well do em all!

Plus of course Shadow Dragon already has a full localisation already done for DS that they can just adapt to the NES version, so it would be by far the easiest one to do to start off with (which they can then reuse again for the first part of Mystery of the Emblem ;) )

Well, I just posted that because Thracia in particular was being discussed.

Due to the existence of the DS games, the NES Shadow Dragon is a game that doesn't need localising, I think, and neither does the 3rd game. New Mystery is the one that needs to be localized.

Well, I just posted that because Thracia in particular was being discussed.

Due to the existence of the DS games, the NES Shadow Dragon is a game that doesn't need localising, I think, and neither does the 3rd game. New Mystery is the one that needs to be localized.

Well the DS version does differ greatly from the original, so it's still well worth localising the original NES version (especially considering that most of the work is already done)

Basically they all deserve to be localised :)

So if I was only going to download the one. Which would it be?

I'm practically a Mega Man noob but according to reviews, impressions & word of mouth, Mega Man 2 is one of the best in the series that is available on the eShop right now.

There's no point to localise Fire Emblem Gaiden (FE2) that game is very outdated atm and isn't really worth playing unless you're a die hard Fire Emblem fan. There would be very little profit on localising decade old games (The only reason we saw Sin and Punishment was because they were already sitting on a partially finished translation from back in the 64 days when NOA were planning on releasing it, not to mention it's an arcade rails shooter, not a fully fledged RPG). I guess we could see a Mother 1 localisation considering they had translated that game back in the day and are probably still sitting on it.

The best course of action would be to remake Fire Emblem Gaiden, Seiken no Keifu, Thracia 776 and Blazing Blade like they have already remade FE1 and 3. FE1 is outdated these days, considering it's been remade twice (In FE3 and Shadow Dragon).

The only logical one for them to localise would be New Mystery of the Emblem (FE12) since it's a recent release and should have been localised in the first place.

Now this is strange. Altough Donkey Kong is advertised on the first page on the eShop, I can't download it. It says, Available 15.7.2013, which is Monday.

It's not on the eShop's release list either, so it seems to be done on purpose. Strange, indeed...

Now this is strange. Altough Donkey Kong is advertised on the first page on the eShop, I can't download it. It says, Available 15.7.2013, which is Monday.

It's not on the eShop's release list either, so it seems to be done on purpose. Strange, indeed...

It also says it's on at £3.49!? :hmm:

Definitely intended for Monday according to this old page from January; no idea why though given it's always usually been done around midweek.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2013/January/Grab-a-classic-NES-game-on-Wii-U-Virtual-Console-for-a-very-special-price--715660.html

21st February: F-Zero (Super NES) (until 10:59pm UK time on 22nd March)

21st March: Punch-Out!! (NES) (until 10:59pm UK time on 19th April)

18th April: Kirby’s Adventure (NES) (until 10:59pm UK time on 17th May)

16th May: Super Metroid (Super NES) (until 10:59pm UK time on 14th June)

13th June: Mario & Yoshi (NES) (until 10:59pm UK time on 12th July)

15th July: Donkey Kong (NES) (until 10:59pm UK time on 13th August)

Cheers lads for your insights into Megaman. Doesnt sound shit then

Will get downloading Megaman 2 when I get paid.

Just remember, these games are very hard and unforgiving. Luckily for you the save anyway feature is present on VC games, so feel free to use it at every opportunity.

I think I might just buy Mega Man 4 myself. MM1 I owned on the NES, and my friends had both MM2 and MM3. 4-6 however, I either never beat or even saw anywhere. Yes, I've played through them on the emu-powered unmentionable things (cough), but that doesn't really count.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!