N-Europe

KORG M01D Synthesiser

madeinbeats

More reasons not to have sold my 3DS - not that I could have composed anything other than Three Blind Mice on it... but damn, it's so cool!

Korg to release M01D synthesizer touchscreen keyboard for Nintendo 3DS

Updated 23:11 14 Apr 2013 by Grace Dean

KORG Inc. will launch the KORG M01D synthesizer suite for Nintendo 3DS in the 3DS eShop this summer, Detune has announced.

The KORG M01D music workstation is based on the KORG M1 to reproduce the "unforgettable digital sounds of the 80s such as the "M1 piano", still heard on many songs today."

The touchscreen keyboard will come with 24 voice-polyphony, 8 part multi-timbral synthesizer with 342 sounds, master effects: reverb and delay, and 8 track/max 64 step sequencer for 1 scene/up to 99 scenes and 3D viewing of the M01D on the 3D screen.

Detune have announced a release date for the download of May 2013 in Japan and Summer 2013 worldwide but a price is yet to be confirmed.

The song and MIDI data can be saved to an SD card to enable the M01D to be used as a sketchpad. This also means users can quickly import/transfer data to their favourite editing programs.

The workstation will also allow Nintendo 3DS users to exchange sounds, when connected to WiFi.

Korg have previously released the Kaoss Pad, the effects processor and sampler, which was followed up by the Korg Kaoss Pad Quad in 2011.

To see the KORG M01D in action, watch the video by Detune below.

Source: http://www.t3.com/news/korg-m01d-to-release-synthesizer-touchscreen-keyboard-for-nintendo-3ds

Edited by madeinbeats

Cool to see a 3DS version of KORG. Hopefully the fact that it's on eShop should help it reach a wider audience.

You could make some amazing stuff with the DS version (even though it's too complex for the likes of me to really get much out of it, it's just plain cool!)

Still my favourite remix of the Cheetahmen theme :D

Wish I was that good...

When I saw the name "MOID" I thought of this guy:

365478.jpg

"I have.... many faces... but none of my own." /showing my age.

YES! :bouncy:

I loved KORG DS-10. Really wanted to get KORG M01 too, but never got around to importing it. :(

Sooooooo happy this is getting a download version. :)

Redshell... you know what to do!

Redshell... you know what to do!
I sure do!

Actually... I don't. What you on about? :heh:

I hope you're not suggesting to recreate/remix the awesome Terrahawks theme in M01D, 'cos that'd be tough.

Would be bloody cool though, so I might attempt that actually. :hehe:

I sure do!

Actually... I don't. What you on about? :heh:

I hope you're not suggesting to recreate/remix the awesome Terrahawks theme in M01D, 'cos that'd be tough.

Would be bloody cool though, so I might attempt that actually. :hehe:

You are LEGALLY obliged to do this.

I actually just spent a few minutes messing around on my iPad synthesizer... The main theme is relatively easy to work out - it's in A, the bass is contrapuntal riffing around about 3-4 notes.

Edited by Iun

• 1 month later...
anything up on the JPN eShop yet? :blank:

Don't think so, couldn't find anything. Someone else who can understand Japanese better might be able to find it better but nothing came up on search.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Is this still coming out in Europe? Because I'm really looking forward to it, and I have money waiting to burn..
It is still coming out in Europe, yes. But unfortunately it's gone from a summer release, to sometime in autumn. :hmm:

Getting more and more convinced I wanna buy this. Sitting on the computer composing music is such a pain in the arse, so a handheld solution like this sounds like a great alternative...
Yeah man, it's great. I got loads of use out of DS10. Being able to just quickly fire up the DS and get composing, anywhere you like, is awesome. :cool:

And M01D has the added bonus of being able to export MIDI data too, so you can always jump back to PC if required. icon14.gif

The frustration of region locking starts to flood my mind.. I hope it still comes out here, but didn't the upgraded version of DS10 only come out in the US and JP?
Yeah, DS10 Plus only got released in Japan & the US, but M01D is definitely coming out in Europe,

This was actually the thing from the latest NINTENDO direct I got excited about the most.

I'd really love to create music with my 3DS.

I have tried using stuff on my laptop, but it just doesn't click with me.

I am determined to get as much out of this as I possibly can and learn to make music!

• 2 months later...

Anyone else download this then? I've been pretty much glued to it since Thursday afternoon. :bouncy:

My first experimentations in KORG M01D...

Starts out chilled, but then I go mental with the flute:

:heh:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Had a lot of fun making this one, got an 80's/Beverly Hills Cop/GTA V vibe: :awesome:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Messing with 8-Bit sounds: :D

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Very rough WIP of a Mario Circuit remix, all over the shop at the moment: :laughing:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Anyway, I'm really loving this app. So many sounds and so many possibilities, reckon I'll be using it for ages!

BTW @Fused King, to answer your question about a tutorial from the eShop thread, well I'm afraid it's as I expected, no tutorial at all. Just 4 demo songs and you're on your own.

There is of course the digital manual (which I've only looked at briefly) that goes into detail about all of the various functions of the software though.

: peace: